Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:38 am 

Can someone post a picture of the reverse rev limiter bypass? I know you just ground out one terminal to override it...but I'm not sure which one. Thanks!!

Brooks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:38 pm 

I'm assuming you are asking about this for a Pilot (if not, oh well) Here ya go. You simply have to remove the Gray wire from the two-prong connector (bottom connector in pic) going into the box - a very small flat blade screwdriver is all you need to assist in pulling it out. I opted this route versus cutting the wire in case I want to return to stock. I used some silicone to seal up the whole left in the connector and a heat shrink/silicone combo to seal the exposed wire.

Hope this helps!

PNut

Attachments:
ByPass1.JPG
ByPass1.JPG [ 141.25 KiB | Viewed 1895 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:00 pm 

brooks here is a pic of my fl350 if that's what your looking for.both are grounded and i don't have any problems.
wow the pic went thru at 600x450 this time ,good deal :-) and didnt take forever to go thru.
no unfortunately the rear differential hasnt been fixed yet and im stranded out here for now.Not to bring anybody's holiday cheer down but my christmas just sucked and it looks like new years is going to be the same.no help from my buddy while he is partying in myrtle beach .Looks like the so called partnership we were going to venture into has me doing all the work and my buddy's doing all the partying.Not a happy camper at the moment.
I wish i had the truck finished,they want too much down here for a differential replacement but am going to look into the parts after new years.
I am told too that it is a Special gear ratio for 91 .
why i allways have to get the damn vehicles that have the special changes i don't know but it seems i allways do :shock:
I really wanted to mmeet stoneman and odykid and the rest of them at durhamtown last week ,missed three ride meets allready with all the guys down here and not to happy about that either.
Early next week i will make a desicion on what to do with the truck or just buy another.
Tim

Attachments:
change switch wire ground.jpg
change switch wire ground.jpg [ 117.49 KiB | Viewed 1868 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:45 pm 

has anyone ever tried to use this switch to activate a reverse or backup light??? I see the pilots have a light and it might come in handy sometime...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:54 pm 

I have and it works well.
I had to build a little circuit to drive a relay to trigger the reverse light.

If the diodes are still in the wire harness then its even easier. But, mine were long gone. And besides I didn't want to screw woth the stock electrics so I bui;t an isolation circuit and relay drive the lamp.

I'll dig up the schematic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:44 pm 

schematic comatic... that would be chinese to me!!! LOL would you mind posting some pictures... I was thinking the plug in the transmision was an on/off switch, or completes a circuit when engaged??? I guess I could take an ohm meter out to the 35 degree weather and check for continuity... I was thinking of a lead off the battery, to the light and then a ground from the light thru the switch thing and then to ground...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:04 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
schematic comatic... that would be chinese to me!!! LOL would you mind posting some pictures... I was thinking the plug in the transmision was an on/off switch, or completes a circuit when engaged??? I guess I could take an ohm meter out to the 35 degree weather and check for continuity... I was thinking of a lead off the battery, to the light and then a ground from the light thru the switch thing and then to ground...

bump...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:36 pm 

PilotNut wrote:
I'm assuming you are asking about this for a Pilot (if not, oh well) Here ya go. You simply have to remove the Gray wire from the two-prong connector (bottom connector in pic) going into the box - a very small flat blade screwdriver is all you need to assist in pulling it out. I opted this route versus cutting the wire in case I want to return to stock. I used some silicone to seal up the whole left in the connector and a heat shrink/silicone combo to seal the exposed wire.

Hope this helps!

PNut
that's all I have to do to get rid of the rev limiter?I just had the 440 kit done on my pilot and thought I was going to have to send off my rev box to have it done?If that will work then I would rather save the money and do it myself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:16 pm 

what is a 440 kit, and who does it, how much... I believe this is for the reverse rev limiter... reverse only, the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) needs work for what you are refering to...

SICKSAND wrote:
PilotNut wrote:

Hope this helps!

PNut
that's all I have to do to get rid of the rev limiter?I just had the 440 kit done on my pilot and thought I was going to have to send off my rev box to have it done?If that will work then I would rather save the money and do it myself?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:11 pm 

The top half of the motot was sent off to cw racing in Cambell Ca.His name is Chris and he has been doing these motors for ever.He has done most the motors of the guys that I have raced against and they seem to love his work.He bores it out,port and polish,and then shaves the head so that I will run half high octane and half race gas.He also gets a new carb and a new pipe if you don't have one.I got mine back together and now have to mahe up some brackets so that I can move up the radiator.I will have to do the rev limiter and also need to find away to run a k&n filter right off the carb or find out what guys used for the dezert filter kit because my boot doesn't fit anymore.I tried to boil it in water but still didn't work.Should be fast but need to get it done,didn't go as easy as I had thought but that's always the way it goes,lol...It cost about 800 to 1000 to get it done but depends what you need.I will still have to figure out the jetting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm 

after doing the boring, how many piston sizes will you have left for rebuilds? befre having to resleeve?
I wonder what he charges just to port and polish???

on the carb take sandpaper, fine grit and reduce the outside diametor of the carb...it will help a lot!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:31 pm 

He wasn't that expensive,I didn't ask him but I heard he did alot of the stuff for the mickey thompson series.I think he used to race also but I have seen is motors with the same thing I have beat the guys off the line that had the 500 top end.I can get you his number if you want or just type in cw racing engines and he will pop up.I will let you know more as soon as mine is up and running,,,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:34 pm 

SICKSAND wrote:
He wasn't that expensive,I didn't ask him but I heard he did alot of the stuff for the mickey thompson series.I think he used to race also but I have seen is motors with the same thing I have beat the guys off the line that had the 500 top end.I can get you his number if you want or just type in cw racing engines and he will pop up.I will let you know more as soon as mine is up and running,,,

I have heard of him, good things... keep us posted! I might just do the porting for now, till i run out of pistons...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:42 pm 

he has is own secret set up that he won't let you know as far as pistons go,lol.I can't wait to get back on the track and see how it does.Then I will be doing the front long travel...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:06 pm 

SICKSAND wrote:
PilotNut wrote:

Hope this helps!

PNut

That is the REVERSE rev limit mod this does NOT raise the amount of RPM's the Engine will rev, that is a differend modification you can do yourself too. You never seen this one? http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/view ... hlight=diy

Here is some pics of my CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) I spent 30-40 hrs removing the coverings to expose it http://pilotodyssey.com/CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition).htm

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:13 pm 

Oh if your into the drama thing here is Moskitos confession where he stole the rev limit mod information from ATV Racing http://www.pilotodyssey.com/00lude/moskito2.php.htm what are friends for lmao

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:56 pm 

here is the part i LOVE!!! What an asshole...

"We may have a new product to sell here!!!

The big thing is keeping this quiet to the public and hiding our tracks on the mod like ATVR's done.

I don't mind sharing with the two of you and PH, but that's as far as I want it to go."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:01 pm 

Would it be possible to run a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) off another machine? like a CR250 or 500?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:33 pm 

Kuma wrote:
Would it be possible to run a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) off another machine? like a CR250 or 500?

No idea you would have to reverse engineer every system you wanted to try and or if they would plug into the Pilot harness plug it in and spark test it to see if it would work, not really sure why you would want to do any of this chances are the timing curve for each application is going to be different than the Pilot then you have to figure out if its for the better.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:36 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
here is the part i LOVE!!! What an asshole...

"We may have a new product to sell here!!!

The big thing is keeping this quiet to the public and hiding our tracks on the mod like ATV Racing http://atvracing1.com/safety.htm's done.

I don't mind sharing with the two of you and PH, but that's as far as I want it to go."

Oh just ignore that, that's just your every day 'Capitalism' nothing wrong with that just ask them, happens every day, heck look at all the stuff China copies and sells, all the ideas they steal.... come to think of it isnt China communist ?

Profile E-mail