Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NOS crank seals found
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:31 pm 

While rebuilding my Engine I was reading that the left side crank seal was no longer available, and the aftermarket seals were not that good. I talked to my local honda shop ( Oklahoma Honda and Suzuki ), and they did a national
parts search and found that the seals are still sitting around on the shelves all over the country. Don't remember the exact price, $18.00 maybe. They were able to get me both seals with no problem. If you call Oklahoma Honda I think the parts guy was Brian

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:48 pm 

rocket wrote:
While rebuilding my Engine I was reading that the left side crank seal was no longer available, and the aftermarket seals were not that good. I talked to my local honda shop ( Oklahoma Honda and Suzuki ), and they did a national
parts search and found that the seals are still sitting around on the shelves all over the country. Don't remember the exact price, $18.00 maybe. They were able to get me both seals with no problem. If you call Oklahoma Honda I think the parts guy was Brian

What Engine?
Phone numbers?
Part numbers?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:59 pm 

rocket wrote:

I hope you are correct - but I have not found this to be true. One dealer in New York has one that he will not sell - they are saving it for some special customer. Other then that I have not been able to find any. I'm talking about part number 91203-HE0-003. 31204-HEO-003 is still available from Honda as far as I know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:20 pm 

The seals I'm talking about are for a 350. I don't have the part numbers but I have seen them on this forum several times.
I'm talking about both sides of the crank, not the outside counterbalance cover. The phone number for Oklahoma Honda is (405) 672-1423 For some reason most motorcycle shops here in Oklahoma are closed on Mondays.
I hope this helps. I got the seals within the last month, So the countrys inventory should not have changed much.
Like I said I think the guy that helped me was named Brian but I'm not sure. If you can't come up the part numbers let me know and I will dig in my box for the packages that they came in when I get home tomorrow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:27 pm 

rocket wrote:
The seals I'm talking about are for a 350. I don't have the part numbers but I have seen them on this forum several times.
I'm talking about both sides of the crank, not the outside counterbalance cover. The phone number for Oklahoma Honda is (405) 672-1423 For some reason most motorcycle shops here in Oklahoma are closed on Mondays.
I hope this helps. I got the seals within the last month, So the countrys inventory should not have changed much.
Like I said I think the guy that helped me was named Brian but I'm not sure. If you can't come up the part numbers let me know and I will dig in my box for the packages that they came in when I get home tomorrow.

The seals rmesser is talking about are for a Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:51 am 

The seals I got for the crankshaft are part numbers 91202-VMO-003, and 91203-VMO-004. The second number is the one that everyone is saying you can't get anymore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:44 pm 

Thanks for the tip Rocket!

I talked to John at Oklahoma Honda and although they do not have any left (you got the last one), they were able to look up on their database and find me a seal in Tennessee!

The guy behind the parts counter was surprised to see how old the packaging was and said that they too have the same database for parts look up.

They're out there it just takes a little looking and help from dealerships with the aforementioned database.

Thanks again Rocket!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:31 pm 

Are the bearings and seals available, or just seals?

Profile E-mail