Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:47 pm 

Anybody have part # for the 2000 Drakart FORMULA CROSS CV or which car this came off of ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:22 pm 

If it's the 2000 model, with the rotax type 583 rotary valve Engine, it will most likely have the Citroen axles. The whole axle CV to CV is a straight swap for the Citroen "2cv car" axle.

If you have the larger Audi axles the CV,s are both off the same car, an Audi 100, but to make the inner one you need to cut the "male"section off and weld a mounting flange to it. Part number for the Audi Cv is Lobro number 431 407 311A. There are lots of different CVs that you can make fit the inner Drakart CV if it's the Audi type.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:33 pm 

Forgot to say, you can tell what axles you have by measuring the thickness of the mounting flange where the inner CV bolts onto the gearbox,. If the flange is only about 6mm thick then they will be Citreon and if closer to 8mm Audi.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 pm 

thanx guys, Drak::

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:01 pm 

do you have a part # or year for the cv. I just need to find the book on this thing lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:58 pm 

Not too sure what you mean by part number, the Audi/Lobro number is listed above. If you have the Citreon axles then it might be best to check on google or ebay for the parts you need, the inner Citreon cv includes the larger section of the axle and the outer section includes the smaller axle section.

I read somewhere that the later production (1983? onward) 2CV Citreon axle was made in Spain? and the metalurgy is not as good as the earlier ones made in France, might be why they break on the Drakarts.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:54 am 

I never even thought of ebay. Easy search found the only two on there and i bought them

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:28 am 

Is there a good place for replacement parts for the 2000-2001 Draks guys? Can new cv's be fitted on the trans?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:52 pm 

What CVs do you have Audi or Citreon? Both are replacable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm 

oddozzie wrote:
What CVs do you have Audi or Citreon? Both are replacable.

citreon the plate is 6mm and the two i found on ebay are the same. Guy in NY has them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:49 pm 

Hi Mud, What parts do you need?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:05 pm 

If the parts are big money to replace consider converting it to 930 or vw type 2/ the price for parts are cheap because there are a billion of ea out there and true quality racing axles are plentifull. A bit of weling would be involved but once done you will never have to change a cv again

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:35 pm 

oddozzie wrote:
Hi Mud, What parts do you need?

None yet but I wanted to start gearing up with suppliers and such for future needs!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:40 pm 

I know what you mean re stocking parts. As i find parts that fit the Drak i write the part numbers down in a log book. Engine parts are easy, wheel bearings, brake parts, tie rod ends, ball joints and other consumable parts are fairly easy to get. Most other things can be repaired or rebuilt. In my opinion the Drakart is made from mostly common parts so they are probably not as big a deal as say trying to find some weird sized bearings and seals for a pilot that are no longer available.

Don't forget there is a wealth of knowledge right here on this site, i think if you search Drakart parts here you should get a few hits for parts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 am 

thank you very much maybe we should approach hoser about a drakart section here on the message board.
I just purchased my first drakart nd would love to have more information in regards to parts and availability for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:00 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
thank you very much maybe we should approach hoser about a drakart section here on the message board.
I just purchased my first drakart nd would love to have more information in regards to parts and availability for it.

Hey mud post up some pictures

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:30 am 

Hes got pics up on his own section. Looks good

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:02 pm 

Hello ! I recently purchased a drakart .I've never seen nor heard of one of these or owned anything with a belt drive so I have been doing to s of research and it has landed me here and I am very grateful seems to be what I have been looking for !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:45 pm 

Hi Joey,

Congrats, Drakarts are great fun, what model did you get?

Lots of good information here.
Cheers
Dave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:34 am 

oddozzie wrote:
I know what you mean re stocking parts. As i find parts that fit the Drak i write the part numbers down in a log book. Engine parts are easy, wheel bearings, brake parts, tie rod ends, ball joints and other consumable parts are fairly easy to get. Most other things can be repaired or rebuilt. In my opinion the Drakart is made from mostly common parts so they are probably not as big a deal as say trying to find some weird sized bearings and seals for a pilot that are no longer available.

Don't forget there is a wealth of knowledge right here on this site, i think if you search Drakart parts here you should get a few hits for parts.

Care to share photo's of that log book with part numbers ? :-) :-)
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:39 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
oddozzie wrote:
I know what you mean re stocking parts.
As i find parts that fit the Drak i write the part numbers down in a log book.

<Snip>
/quote]

Care to share photo's of that log book with part numbers ? :-) :-)
CO

I'd second that request - Would be great to have that info...

Profile E-mail