Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Electrical problem?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:33 pm 

Ok, fixed my clutch but now i have another problem
after i fixed my clutch, the odyssey started on the first pull. i quickly jumped in and floored it going down the street...and this thing flys...it sounded great!! i rode it for about 10-15 minutes then took it back to my house and parked it

2 hours later, went to ride it with my friend...turns out some boyscout kids broke his, so he couldnt ride anyway
but i started mine and it would idle fine until i gave it more then 1/4 throttle, if i floored it then, it would bogg down alot--i tried to record the sound, but it was too hard
but if i give it gas really little, then let it off, then give it a little more all of a sudden it will kick in and run normal...its hard to describe
but is this some sort of electrical problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:56 am 

Are you sure this is still not a clutch problem, is it trying to take off in too high of a gear,
the clutches are back shifting when you slow down? If your clutches are not workig properly
then the Engine will not sound right or will sound different.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:47 am 

Like starting out in 4th gear. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:19 pm 

is there any way of "testing" the clutch to see if its working properly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:59 pm 

The best "test" just to ensure functionality (word?) is put the rear up on jackstands and run it. No long wide open stuff, just blips of the throttle. Watch the clutch, it should go through its cycle as the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) speeds up/slows down.
Actual working testing is a lot of trial and error. Many guys here have ideas, but mostly that only applies to clutches other than OEM.

Be careful that the Ody is "secured" so that it doesn't fall of the jacks and run amok (don't wanna piss off Mom here, if ya know what I mean).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:11 am 

Joe Odyssey Rider wrote:
The best "test" just to ensure functionality (word?) is put the rear up on jackstands and run it. No long wide open stuff, just blips of the throttle. Watch the clutch, it should go through its cycle as the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) speeds up/slows down.
Actual working testing is a lot of trial and error. Many guys here have ideas, but mostly that only applies to clutches other than OEM.

Be careful that the Ody is "secured" so that it doesn't fall of the jacks and run amok (don't wanna piss off Mom here, if ya know what I mean).

that's what ive been doing, and it seems to be normal...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:59 pm 

ok, been messing with it for a while and im pretty sure it isnt the clutch because if i remove the belt it does the same thing

ok, so it idles fine until i give it gas, then it bogs down and if i continue to give it gas it will die
i just rebuilt the carb and installed all new gaskets and it will sometimes work perfectly....
right now im confused...i was reading some other guys post about adjusting the floats, but i have no idea how to do that? and i have a manual that says "Service-Maintenence-Repair" on the top

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:41 pm 

sn1p3r wrote:
ok, been messing with it for a while and im pretty sure it isnt the clutch because if i remove the belt it does the same thing

ok, so it idles fine until i give it gas, then it bogs down and if i continue to give it gas it will die
i just rebuilt the carb and installed all new gaskets and it will sometimes work perfectly....
right now im confused...i was reading some other guys post about adjusting the floats, but i have no idea how to do that? and i have a manual that says "Service-Maintenence-Repair" on the top

When you give it gas and it dies then you need to determine if it flooded or ran out
of gas, pull the plug is it dry or wet?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Ignition?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:46 pm 

I don't remember if you've stated what type of ignition you have before. If you have points, it is possible, but unlikely that the timing advance mechanism is not opening fast enough or even too fast.

This could create the bogging effect on quick acceleration that you're describing.

Just something to think about.

Post subject: Re: Ignition?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:40 pm 

Ody_Stable wrote:
I don't remember if you've stated what type of ignition you have before. If you have points, it is possible, but unlikely that the timing advance mechanism is not opening fast enough or even too fast.

This could create the bogging effect on quick acceleration that you're describing.

Just something to think about.

its not just quick acceleration, thers no acceleration at all...
anyone know how to adjust the floats?

Post subject: Ignition?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:20 am 

Points or not though?

Float position wouldn'tmake a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:23 pm 

well, pulled off the carb and a bunch of stuff was loose... :shock: tightened all up, and so far it runs like it should :D