Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:44 pm 

Well the Foxes are going to get a good workout this weekend, Ridindirty and the crew are heading out to Sand Mountain. Gonna give them a good workout!

All anyone really needs is the spacers that go into the training arm and the small spacers to keep clearance on the lower Heim joint. The bolt cam be had at Fastenal or the local hardware store.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:01 pm 

How was the weekend? I'm really liking this thread and waiting to hear your update on how they held up. I really need to upgrade my 'struts' In the back. I think I'm stuck on Works in the front. But I'm glad to know there are "options" for the rear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGOw2EI8Fmg

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:54 pm 

Sorry to say but my Ody with the Fox shocks got stuck at camp the whole weekend due to a faulty petcock. The moment I turned the petcock on, fuel pissed all over the place. I'm pissed because I didn't even get to start it.

There is a place in the dunes with a long stretch of whoops I wanted to hit but I had to ride the whole weekend on the wife's "Old Reliable" Ody so I didn't get to try it out.

Right now my shocks are set at 275 psi which is a little stiff so if it were set for someone a little lighter (say around 175 pounds), then I would shoot for around 250 psi. Remember these shocks are also adjustable for dampening and rebound by internal wafer stack changes.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:51 am 

Randman wrote:
Sorry to say but my Ody with the Fox shocks got stuck at camp the whole weekend due to a faulty petcock. The moment I turned the petcock on, fuel pissed all over the place. I'm pissed because I didn't even get to start it.

There is a place in the dunes with a long stretch of whoops I wanted to hit but I had to ride the whole weekend on the wife's "Old Reliable" Ody so I didn't get to try it out.

Right now my shocks are set at 275 psi which is a little stiff so if it were set for someone a little lighter (say around 175 pounds), then I would shoot for around 250 psi. Remember these shocks are also adjustable for dampening and rebound by internal wafer stack changes.

Rand

That sux sorry to see you had a problem why cant that shit happen at home :shock:

In the future consider putting the JB weld quick to a problem like that, it cures in about 15 min, turn the gas to reserve gob it on and go riding (clean it good first naturally lol) the JB weld is pretty easy to remove using a wire wheel on a grinder and taking your time if you wanted to repair or remove when you get home, I carry some of that JB weld quick dry with me on all my trips for that just in case repair, right next to the wire and duct tape lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:47 am 

hoser wrote:
Randman wrote:

Rand

That sux sorry to see you had a problem why cant that shit happen at home :shock:

In the future consider putting the JB weld quick to a problem like that, it cures in about 15 min, turn the gas to reserve gob it on and go riding (clean it good first naturally lol) the JB weld is pretty easy to remove using a wire wheel on a grinder and taking your time if you wanted to repair or remove when you get home, I carry some of that JB weld quick dry with me on all my trips for that just in case repair, right next to the wire and duct tape lol

It's funny you mention that because I'm a certified JB Welder! LOL :-)

I carry everything under the sun in the motorhome when I go out however I don't carry my JB Welding supplies! I will have to add another item to the list. If it weren't for having old reliable to ride you can bet I would have either driven the 90 miles back to the house to get another petcock or I would have gotten creative in order to be able to ride.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:18 pm 

i would have drained the gas down low enough out of both machines and swapped petcocks.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:32 am 

fully wrote:
i would have drained the gas down low enough out of both machines and swapped petcocks.

Yeah, you try doing that to the wife's Ody when her and the daughter rode it all weekend! My name would have been mud! :shock: I've ridden my Ody with the Fox shocks before in the hard pack already, just wanted to see how they rode on a long section of whoops.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:13 am 

Randman wrote:
fully wrote:

Yeah, you try doing that to the wife's Ody when her and the daughter rode it all weekend! My name would have been mud! :shock: I've ridden my Ody with the Fox shocks before in the hard pack already, just wanted to see how they rode on a long section of whoops.

Rand

I don't see the big deal you just need to repair it and head right back out and do some testing, this place is pretty close to your house?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:48 pm 

90 miles away.

Repairs have been made. Stuck here for the weekend because my daughter and her family are here for the next 4 days.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:35 am 

Updates? my bucking bronco needs help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:17 am 

They work fine however you will need to set the pressure to your liking. Right now mine are set at 275 ponds but I weigh in at around 240. Maybe a little stiff for my liking. I would go to a setting of no more than 250 psi are a starting point.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:22 pm 

Randman wrote:
They work fine however you will need to set the pressure to your liking. Right now mine are set at 275 ponds but I weigh in at around 240. Maybe a little stiff for my liking. I would go to a setting of no more than 250 psi are a starting point.

Rand

Sounds good, as I tip the scales at about 235 lbs.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:11 am 

My apologies for bumping a 2 year old thread but my shocks are toast and need replacing.
As I am shipping to the Middle East I need to be 100% sure I get the parts correct as returning them will be costly and difficult.

**Rear Shock Part Number - 980-02-013A.
**Works bolt and bushings for the lower mounts.
**Washers to space out the top of the shock from the frame.
**2.5mm thick copper tube to make a spacer for the top mount.

What has everyone done for front 11.5" front shocks?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:37 am 

Yes Flossy, what you have listed is correct.

Search the site here as others have gone with Progressive shocks which are still available for the front.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:51 am 

Thanks,

Ive shot off an email to Works to ask about the bolt kit, have had no success finding it online anywhere.

450 is exactly HALF of what works wants for a good pair of rear shocks so I'm keen to get the Fox sorted out.

I looked at Works shocks with resies all round but they are so damn expensive :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:51 am 

At Rand man's advice I bought the works rears with the larger shafts and they work great in the woops in the Dunes with no rezzies.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:39 am 

I am ready to buy the fox rear shocks. I am looking for advice on having then setup for 180# rider.
Nitrogen pressure?
Discs? 40/90
I have the mounting kit from Curtis already.
https://accutuneoffroad.com/product/fox ... -4-travel/
This company will customize the build. Can not find them below $239 each. No discounts anyway to be found.
Looking for setup advice

Profile E-mail