Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 am 

This guys auction says they will fit a pilot, but I'm not sure. This would be a great replacement as the springs are no longer available. I know some of the Engine conversion guys have been looking for new springs so the extra power does not spin the clutch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/89-90-Honda-FL4 ... b4&vxp=mtr

EBC part number is DRC126

22401-HE0-000 SPRING, CLUTCH
22201-HE0-000 DISK, CLUTCH FRICTION
22311-HE0-000 PLATE, CLUTCH

Attachments:
ebc.jpg
ebc.jpg [ 30.78 KiB | Viewed 1844 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 am 

His picture shows springs - maybe it is just a generic picture and DRC126 does not come with springs ???? I don't know?????

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:11 am 

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11266

Looks like it was confirmed by Stix?

http://xauusd10.info/ebc-brakes-ck1234-clutch-friction-plate-kit-3ds-xtf/

Pilot Torque Clutch Plates http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11266

Pilot Trans
Pilot Transmission clutch

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:38 am 

Hoser - I'm not following you - What was confirmed by stix? the links you posted refer to CK1234 which we know are just cork friction plates. I'm questioning the friction plate spring set kit DRC126.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:15 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Hoser - I'm not following you - What was confirmed by stix? the links you posted refer to CK1234 which we know are just cork friction plates. I'm questioning the friction plate spring set kit DRC126.

Go here http://xauusd10.info/ebc-brakes-ck1234-clutch-friction-plate-kit-3ds-xtf/

Read the review.

I installed these EBC clutch plates in my 89 Honda Pilot Fl400 and they worked well. My old plates were slipping. Make sure you rough up your steel plates, on both sides, on some light gritted concrete before installing, also don't forget to soak your new cork plates in some old used motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) oil (10w40 or equiv) for at least 5 hours before installing.
Stix

I assume their is only one Stix that owns a Honda Pilot?

FYI I NEVER have scuffed up NEW clutch plates in all my life, NONE of the service manuals tells you to pre wear out your fiber or metal clutch plates before installing, I have read many times where hacks and quacks advise you to pre wear out your new clutch parts by trying to scratch off some unknown invisible force that has attached itself to your new parts and in psycho world is going to affect your clutch system if you cant chase these invisible demons off the parts before you install, I think drowning them in oil before installing probably kills most the demons.

I have no idea about springs I reused mine since they were with in spec.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 pm 

Looked around on their website for application info cant find shit the site is worthless http://ebcbrakes.com/product/drc-clutch-kits/

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:36 pm 

I was hoping this would be a replacement for springs, but I can not verify the fit of DRC126

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm 

Stixs scuffed up his Old plates he only replaced the fiber pads. I would message the seller and ask if it is a true complete kit for the pilot. I wonder if a 250r's clutch is the same.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:31 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Stixs scuffed up his Old plates he only replaced the fiber pads. I would message the seller and ask if it is a true complete kit for the pilot. I wonder if a 250r's clutch is the same.

I remember in the conversation with Cowboy CR500 clutch springs being mention but I cant remember if he said they were a stronger spring or he had some and was going to check to see if they were stronger its just been too long.

The info on the alternative springs for higher HP machines was on my old site.

You can thank Kiowa for throwing away all the hard work Pilot Odyssey members put into the my database and he pissed away what a POS dirt bag he turned out to be you can also thank guys like moskito, redrider, Rocketman they were instrumental to the take over and destruction of my old site, where are all these losers today? I feel sorry for all the losers who back then sided with kiowa, moskito, redrider, Rocketman and turned their back on me, you assholes all got what you paid for, I am here today to tell all you dumbasses I TOLD YOU SO but you all knew better then didnt you, your abilities to read people and see who actually has honesty and integrity was certainly low that day :-)

Sorry for the rant just pisses me off every time I think of the thousands of hours I put into my website then it was flat out stolen by kiowa and his band of losers and is lost forever, hope that fat ass greedy prick is still living life of misery.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:47 pm 

Hey Rmesser. I cannot confirm that the EBC part number DRC126 kit will come with the springs nor if the cork plates and/or metal plates will fit the Pilot. I did "google" FL400 and DRC126 together and didnt get one hit stating that part number is good for the Pilot. I can tell you that i ordered a set on Amazon, part number CK1234 and the picture showed the springs included. When the kit arrived, it had no springs. So I told Amazon and they took down the "generic" picture that showed the springs and put up the pic with the cork plates only.

Maybe you can email the Ebay seller, he can check the package for the springs and mic the plates for you to confirm the plates are correct fit for the FL400, maybe they will work but just not updated anywhere online. I can confirm the EBC part number CK1234 does fit the Pilot and it is the corks only.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:55 pm 

hoser wrote:
rmesser wrote:

Go here http://xauusd10.info/ebc-brakes-ck1234-clutch-friction-plate-kit-3ds-xtf/

Read the review.

I installed these EBC clutch plates in my 89 Honda Pilot Fl400 and they worked well. My old plates were slipping. Make sure you rough up your steel plates, on both sides, on some light gritted concrete before installing, also don't forget to soak your new cork plates in some old used motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) oil (10w40 or equiv) for at least 5 hours before installing.
Stix

FYI I NEVER have scuffed up NEW clutch plates in all my life, NONE of the service manuals tells you to pre wear out your fiber or metal clutch plates before installing, I have read many times where hacks and quacks advise you to pre wear out your new clutch parts by trying to scratch off some unknown invisible force that has attached itself to your new parts and in psycho world is going to affect your clutch system if you cant chase these invisible demons off the parts before you install, I think drowning them in oil before installing probably kills most the demons.

Yea that was my review on Amazon, I left that review to let guys know those cork plates will work for the Pilot.

Hey look I was told to sand and soak from somone who knows more about the torque clutch than I do so I trusted them. You can be blame me for posting what i thought was going to help someone, no hard feelings everyone here gets an ass chewing at one time or anothr here. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:30 pm 

stix wrote:
hoser wrote:
rmesser wrote:

Read the review.

I installed these EBC clutch plates in my 89 Honda Pilot Fl400 and they worked well. My old plates were slipping. Make sure you rough up your steel plates, on both sides, on some light gritted concrete before installing, also don't forget to soak your new cork plates in some old used motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)) oil (10w40 or equiv) for at least 5 hours before installing.
Stix

Yea that was my review on Amazon, I left that review to let guys know those cork plates will work for the Pilot.

Hey look I was told to sand and soak from somone who knows more about the torque clutch than I do so I trusted them. You can be blame me for posting what i thought was going to help someone, no hard feelings everyone here gets an ass chewing at one time or anothr here. :-)

No harm no foul you know me if I see something I think is wrong and might cause some harm I say something, don't feel bad many times in my life I have been given what I thought was solid advice by well meaning people only later to find out it was not good advice no way to really avoid it just learn from it, I think we have all been their, wonder what MFG would have a list of all the spring sizes used on motorcycles and ATV's so we could cross reference these springs and try to find something slightly stronger?

Need one of them spring tension testers then put a 1/8" shim under the stock spring see if it raises the spring rate up any maybe all we need to do is slightly shim the stock springs?

Anybody have a PROX catalog?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:57 pm 

I will offer a hint. The pilot sping in question is a lawn mower application.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:25 pm 

I can see it as a lawn mower valve spring, but need more clues to guess any further.

Having a sub will help a lot of guys out.

Can't wait to hear how you found it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm 

Just so everyone knows it was I that told him that. Stixs please feel free to mention that I told you if I did it is what it is right or wrong. I Think its good your listening to your Engine builder it's important.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:19 pm 

adnoh wrote:
I will offer a hint. The pilot sping in question is a lawn mower application.

Where can the clutch springs be found? What mower?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:14 pm 

Adding a spacer to the spring wil help a little if there not to far sacked out. What the washer will do is add preload or over all poundage when fully loaded. If you pack for a looser term is thiner the rate of poundage can be compasate for via a added preload, or if you would like to add poundage to a new stock pack thickness. If your springs are saged out then adding pre load will do you no good as it will not add enough pre load poundage like a correct free lenght spring would. Aslo consider the washers internal dia or you could mess things up. If using some type of spacer be darn sure of the fittmet pre and post assembly. Also keep in mind the point of coil bind versers pack thickness. Thinner pack coill bind sooner less poundage depending upon spring free lenght. As far and supply smething for now I'll keep to my self. Some one can send one to barrnett for match up and replacment though.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:09 am 

adnoh wrote:
Adding a spacer to the spring wil help a little if there not to far sacked out. What the washer will do is add preload or over all poundage when fully loaded. If you pack for a looser term is thiner the rate of poundage can be compasate for via a added preload, or if you would like to add poundage to a new stock pack thickness. If your springs are saged out then adding pre load will do you no good as it will not add enough pre load poundage like a correct free lenght spring would. Aslo consider the washers internal dia or you could mess things up. If using some type of spacer be darn sure of the fittmet pre and post assembly. Also keep in mind the point of coil bind versers pack thickness. Thinner pack coill bind sooner less poundage depending upon spring free lenght. As far and supply smething for now I'll keep to my self. Some one can send one to barrnett for match up and replacment though.

"As far as supply smething for now I'll keep to my self."

I, am sorry to read this... I, was hopeful, after reading the earlier post of a mower application, to have a alternative spring source. I have replaced the clutch in my Pilot... I did read the Cowboy shim method and I did install shims to my setup... That said isn't this or any forum about helping and passing along tips tricks methods etc... I am not clear as to why someone/anyone wouldn't pass along a possible replacement to a discontinued part/s???
I hope you reconsider.
Regards G.O.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:39 am 

go oddy wrote:
adnoh wrote:

I, am sorry to read this... I, was hopeful, after reading the earlier post of a mower application, to have a alternative spring source. I have replaced the clutch in my Pilot... I did read the Cowboy shim method and I did install shims to my setup... That said isn't this or any forum about helping and passing along tips tricks methods etc... I am not clear as to why someone/anyone wouldn't pass along a possible replacement to a discontinued part/s???
I hope you reconsider.
Regards G.O.

Right on give it up one way or another by either providing the info we need to buy our own or package them up offer them for sale hopefully you wont turn into another ATV Racing and charge 2-3x what they cost you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:08 pm 

Sent an email to Barrnett with questions on this clutch. It would be great if they could make a complete kit for the Pilot because I feel that Barrnett is far more superior than EBC cluches. I have used both many times in the past and Barrnett far outlasted the EBC ones. I am not able to tear into my clutch yet because of F'n cold in my garage. It will have to wait until spring if they want one sent in to them. Unless someone else is willing to send them theirs. Here is a link to their website. http://www.barnettclutches.com/contact-us.html I want to help everyone on here because sooner or later we will all need these parts. If I am the first to send them my clutch parts I will let everyone know what they say. Thanks Adnoh for reminding me about Barrnett. I seem to be loosing it in my old age. At least that is what my wife says. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:23 pm 

go oddy wrote:
adnoh wrote:

I hope you reconsider.
Regards G.O.

I was going to say the same but refrained from posting. I 100% agree. in see no reason not to share the info

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:27 am 

OK I was able to get in touch with the engineering department at Barrnett and they need a sample of each piece that we would want them to make. Does anyone have one OEM friction plate, one OEM steel plate, and one OEM unused spring that I could use to send in to them? We would return the parts after they are done with them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:35 am 

MAS Racing wrote:
OK I was able to get in touch with the engineering department at Barrnett and they need a sample of each piece that we would want them to make. Does anyone have one OEM friction plate, one OEM steel plate, and one OEM unused spring that I could use to send in to them? We would return the parts after they are done with them.

I have an OEM steel plate and friction disk that i would be willing to lend as long as they are returned :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:41 am 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
MAS Racing wrote:

I have an OEM steel plate and friction disk that i would be willing to lend as long as they are returned :)

Thanks. Hold on to them until I find a spring. I want to send it all in at once.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:44 am 

MAS Racing wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:
MAS Racing wrote:

Thanks. Hold on to them until I find a spring. I want to send it all in at once.

No problem, Send me a PM when you are ready, just incase i miss a reply in this thread

Profile E-mail