Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:45 pm 
I pulled the Engine and finally got the exhaust manifold to seal. My right and left crankcase gaskets and the lower cylinder base gasket are ALL leaking. The gauge reads zero after about 45 seconds. Looks like I'll be tearing the Engine down to replace them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:05 am 

good to see it was found before any major damage.these motors do not like air leaks and you will chase the jetting for a long time with them this way.supposedly the case gaskets are no longer available but if you look hard im sure you can find one.If you have to make one make sure it is correct to factory specs or very close and use yamabond or similar sealer to seal any imperfections.
Check it all bearings,cylinder ,piston and size etc. and write down the info for future reference .
seems to me that your jetting is going to be much different when it is done.Since you did have an airleak,trying to get it to flow fuel that matched the incoming air along with the leaky seals,your going to find that when it is all done you will be much smaller on your jetting,at least the main and midrange.
When you get the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back make sure you airleak test again before installing or make sure they do it before it is shipped back to you.
If the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) has never been worked on before you might consider changing all the bearings and don't skimp get the best available for it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:14 pm 

That's exactly what's happening with my first one (Trouble), LOL. It's going to EEE next month for an 80mm top end and bottom end, maybe a 94C set up to pull wheelies like cloggedjet's.

And on the second rig, I'm slowly figuring out the jetting/air intake thing, EGT temps are better (higher, only 1060 before, 1125 now) and it runs like a champ.

Live and learn I guess, can't wait to have two of these FL350Rs running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:08 pm 
I'm sending my Engine to chucklenuts at aftershot motorspurts for performance mods and a rebuild. I would rather do it myself, but I'm sure I would botch it up. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:40 pm 

EEE
but from what i hear steve does have some fast fl350's ?
eee has been into the fl350's and has specialized in them for years.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:34 am 

Send it to Triple E I wouldn't let the other guy rebuild my neighbors garbage can,
if the other guy charged you 1/2 the price Ttriple E was going to charge you for
the same work Triple E would still be a bargin, I base my opinion on seeing the
other guys act and work first hand, nothing I have seen , laid hands or head or read
since then has indicated he is any better or has changed his ways.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:31 am 

I agree-send it to Triple EEE-I can tell you that I am going to rebuild your motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), then send it out to a local guy for a bore on thew jug, etc.Ask the guy your gonna send it to if he is going to do it himself or it is going to be sent out-Ed does everything in house and has YEARS of experience in these motors-I have NEVER NEVER had anything go wrong with a Triple EEE Engine to date, as a matter of fact I have 2 motors there presently getting total rebuilds soup to nuts,they don't sell me "ceramic coated pistons with .009 clearances"I don't need jugs with processes done to to them to inhance performance,longetivity,just the bare facts.Hell Ed resleeved 1 of my jugs and got me a Honda ART piston as well!!! I am not trying to tell you what to do here, just be sure to check out these others before going there.I too can build a "fast 350" but that doesnt mean it gonna last for hrs of riding,get it?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:00 am 
your opinions are apreciated, I have heard similar things myself.
I have also heard of several fueds in the p-o community. I really don't know who to believe at this point. I've heard that hoser is not such a nice guy, and that steve does'nt know what he's doing.
I have never seen any evidence that would validate either statements. I'm glad hoser and steve are around to contribute. I am aware that steve is usually trying to sell something, so I use caution, while hoser is'nt selling a thing, just free advice. I'll give Ed a call and see what he says. whats his number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:35 am 

Here is EEE's number,Ed & sara have specialized in fl350's for years.
have Sara send you one of thier catalouges !

Professional Proven Recreational Porting Pilot FL350 FL250$260.00
Professional Experienced and Proven Cylinder Bore Hone Relief Of Exhaust Bridge ONLY! $60.00

Why pay more for lesser EXPERIENCE Triple E 1-800-763-3762 Toll FREE Call

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:50 am 

maniac350 wrote:
your opinions are apreciated, I have heard similar things myself.
I have also heard of several fueds in the p-o community. I really don't know who to believe at this point. I've heard that hoser is not such a nice guy, and that steve does'nt know what he's doing.
I have never seen any evidence that would validate either statements. I'm glad hoser and steve are around to contribute. I am aware that steve is usually trying to sell something, so I use caution, while hoser is'nt selling a thing, just free advice. I'll give Ed a call and see what he says. whats his number?
Indeed, your correct here.It may seem to some there are motives to peoples opinions,that they only care on "putting someone down"or "trying to split the community".I'll tell you I have bought from every seller here in this community, I have given services to most guys here including Steve when I first got into the 350-POOA community.I give my opinions to you from my experiences only-not for the benefit of others or because I am as described by some as a "hoserite".It never hurts to ask a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) rebuilder if he does his own work, it's your money and you should be informed as to what your spending it on.I can give you #'s for individuals who have purchased 350's from me with Trople EEE motors in there ride and they'll tell you the same as me-no troubles.On the flip side, I have seen postings on Eds work that wasn't so pretty as well-it really depends on what YOU think is the best motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) rebuild for you.I'll say 1 thing-I have never been charged from Hoser for anything, and he even rebuilt a Pilot motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) for me at no charge( when I first got into the POOA world)-hows that for customer service?LOL!I would recommend to you after you get your motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) back from whoever rebuild it to do an air leak check just to Make sure shipping hasn't caused a leak somewhere.Good luck on your motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) rebuild.

Profile E-mail