Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:28 am 

K Hosers got me sold heh. I bought a 1980 skidoo blizzard 9500plus with a 440 l/c rotary valve rotax in it. It has twin 36mm carbs and dual pipes. Factory horsepower specs 82hp for this motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). Does anyone know what the factory oil ratio mix is? It has the lines for oil injection but they are plugged and all the oil hardware is gonzo. I made sure it ran good, and did a few WFO dry pavement launches in the driveway.(leaving 10 feet of rubber i might add MUAHAA :shock: ) Now its time to stab it in the super mod odyssey oh yea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:07 am 

It had oil injection?

Far as I know they are like other sleds 50:1 I run mine at 32:1

Got pics, how is the old sled frame?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:03 am 

.98 cents per HP.

Attachments:
sledmtr.jpg
sledmtr.jpg [ 83.47 KiB | Viewed 563 times ]
sledmtr2.jpg
sledmtr2.jpg [ 55.22 KiB | Viewed 563 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:29 pm 

Sweet_Oddy wrote:
.98 cents per HP.

You have more pictures I want to see the CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) and coils, trace the
spark plug wires back also want to see over all general condition of
the sled itself.

Where you live?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:18 pm 

Coils are bosch ill get a pic. For 80 bucks im not complaining heh. It has a tach and temp guage too. Frame seems solid and straight. Im a ways away in canada bc about 30 min from oroville WA.

Attachments:
sled2.jpg
sled2.jpg [ 50.9 KiB | Viewed 543 times ]
Coils.jpg
Coils.jpg [ 56.21 KiB | Viewed 539 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:19 am 

Looks pretty good considering the age, don't trash the sled list it for sale on the
sled boards some of the vintage parts and sleds go for a pretty good price.

I don't see the rotary valve oil bottle and hoses hope it was not stored or run without it!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:58 am 

"I don't see the rotary valve oil bottle and hoses hope it was not stored or run without it!"

Um DOH! Is that what that thing is? The mix isnt enough? It has those oil lines on it they are plugged off. Whats the scoop on the bottle thinger? I can see though the carbs the rotary valve "looks" ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:16 am 

Mmm k i found it it lubricates the rotary valve and water pump cross shaft with 2 stroke mix....luckily there was some oil in there and i was running it way fat on oil. i hope :shock:
Is the oil can just a bottle with fittings top and bottom with a vented cap? Like a person could fabricate one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:22 am 

Sweet_Oddy wrote:
Mmm k i found it it lubricates the rotary valve and water pump cross shaft with 2 stroke mix....luckily there was some oil in there and i was running it way fat on oil. i hope :shock:

Exactly, that bottle holds oil and lubes the rotary pump drive it does not inject oil into
the Engine or lube anything else on the sled to lube the Engine you need to premix, when
you remove the Engine you can set it in a pan and drain the lube and look for brass or
any metal shavings, you can use a funnel and pour oil in the top hose to flush it out
if there is not much oil inside.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:26 pm 

Dodged that bullet. I pulled the bottom hose and it spewed nice clean oil with no floaties. :-) Im probably going to do the Hoser patented 580 seadoo intake job or maybie make some 30-45 deg carb adapters to swing them left a bit though their still a bit low havent decided yet hmm. Isnt there a dual carb seadoo intake for these? Even a regular one carb intake would probably do it. Thought i saw one once off a 340 or something. Dual pipe job should be fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:32 pm 

Cant you mount the Engine high and put the tank down low, this would make installing easier,
just install high enough to clear the trans with the carbs, you can get dual carbs for the
watercraft I don't see where I need them so went with one for ease of tuning and
maintenance, two into one pipe was also to keep things simple.

Performance wise dual 38mm carbs and dual pipes all the way!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:38 pm 
Are you puttting this in a 350? If so, what kind of transmission changes will you make? I have heard that a 350 gearbox will not hold up to alot of hp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:04 am 

Its going in my supermod FL250 heh. If the gearbox blows i'll have to do something else. :shock:
I think im leaning towards the single carb. It eliminates soo many complications. Clearance, airbox, cabling, tuning to name a few. twin pipes all the way though, cant give up both. :-)

Attachments:
SOLR.jpg
SOLR.jpg [ 108.96 KiB | Viewed 477 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:53 am 
Ok, I've been to your site before and seen it. that's amazing what you did with a 250. My hats off to you.