Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:04 pm 

I hope NO ONE thinks that when I said, 1 improperly executed installation would lead to a shit storm ..that I was referencing anyone..

I was referencing only to myself. I have been around the block, and as I've indicated other posts, I make mistakes but I learn from them.

In the 90s, (1998, 1999) I was involved in 5.0L Mustang racing, and performed a lot of fab work for other racers. I would post different things on various boards and try to go out of my way to give and do for others when I could. Well, I made myself a particular part for my car and posted a pic and some information for others to see. Unexpectedly I had many..(read that MANY) requests to build the same item for others, to which I was happy to do. Back in the early days of the net when there wasn't 18 billion sites selling car stuff, the company I started became an overnight success. Mentioned in various magazines and whatnot.

Guess what, I got in over my head real bad, real fast! It was a very hard lesson to swallow. The whole experience taught me much. This is why I said things can get bad fast. I do not make it my practice to have an opinion about other's business deals. There is always two sides to the story, and more over those side as clear as they seem, may be clear as mud.

So, all in all, I make it my focus to be as straight forward as I can, to be reasonable, and most of all, thankful for the opportunities I am presented in life.

I will do as I indicated...contemplate a path forward. This board is a unique place among the internet hangouts. There are many long time members and the drama I must say is kept to a minimum. That doesn't happen by accident...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:56 pm 

That kind of stuff very rarely happens. It's only happened to me one time. I see something I like or something that somebody is doing to help better these mini buggy and I'm all over it. I love to see all the work that people are doing and wish I had the Fab skills to do it. 99% of the people that I've dealt with have been great and do awesome work and never had a problem. And you sound like it and your work looks like it will never have a problem. From what I can see in your pictures you're doing something that's pretty awesome I'd love to try it out

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:28 pm 

If I had the fabbed skills you did, I'd have done it the same way you did. After watching the video, I was VERY impressed by the way the rear suspension seamlessly absorbed that jump, and you landed as if the concrete was a pillow. Beautiful job done. Well thought out, designed, and perfect execution.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:24 pm 

I truly appriciate the kind words. I haven't posted much but I've been lurking and researching. I've been planning out the front suspension on the 5 link fl350 and I've been planning out the upgrades for the pilot I just got. Oh, I'm also planning a rotax 4 corner a arm fl350.
After much thought, It is clear that offering a kit for this suspension would be a mistake. The amount of fabrication required and the ultimate possibilities for axles and travel etc, set us all up for miscommunication and challenges. I didn't come on the board to free load on hoser by making money or advertising my wares. I will consider building a hand full of buggies for those who simply need one.
I don't want to put Mudbogger on the spot but he has spent hours upon hours watching and working in my shop. He will attest to the intensity with which I approach things and the amount of work in each piece. I do value the interest and wanten desire to have what each of us want.
If anyone wants to consider me actually having their buggy and building it fully, let's chat. So....stay tuned for projects that are coming.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm 

Sorry to bump this, but since Manny stopped making parts I've been getting a ton of requests for information. Here's everything you could want, enjoy..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:57 am 

Thanks for posting.
For sure not many choices out there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7