Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:01 pm 

Very very very nice.
It does turn quick but I did notice that right at the end of that vid it went into a push and you got close to smoking the house or that yellow car LOL :-) . Good thing you let off.
Like you said 90% complete but I think it needs a front bumper so that it don't look so boxy. Same design as the stock one but a bit bigger or longer would look nice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 pm 

CO! yes...definitely a front bumper, I was just to excited to ride it! I'm fabbing a bumper out of aluminum that looks like the factory one. Oh, and the video makes the Yellow car look closer then it was (but yes...it was still close..haha)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 pm 

Very nicely done. It is great that so many are keeping these old bugs alive and some are making them better than they ever were.
Any bug is going to push when you hook the rear tires from a dig, it'll be worse/ :-) a lot more fun with increased Engine power.
Regards and thanks for the video...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:31 am 

Love it. Makes me want to do the PS on mine and the long travel rear. Think I need to finish the 450 and sell it so I can afford it.

EXCELLENT WORK my friend

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:54 am 

Great job!

PS looks really sweet!

I'm not a fan of the high sitting buggies. My Briggs built cars are designed to sit 8" off the ground loaded, just for reference.

You need some sag in the suspension, especially the front. I would set the lower arms almost parallel to the ground with you in it ready to go.

Just op of course, no expert by far.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:19 am 

Bullnerd...Yes, tuning the suspension is definitely on the list. I designed it to sag 30% at ride height. I need to finish the assembly and then start setting everything up. I'm waiting till everything is on and see where things sit....literally.

Then I start the work of putting things where they should be. I was fortunate enough to obtain full race logs and build documents for several super lites from back in the day. I was amazed at the information contained in these books. Engine build specs: bores, bore finishes, strokes, bearings, cylinder spacers, pistons with mod specs, timing specs and ignition modification instructions.

Chassis specs, part numbers wiring schematics, shock part number settings, spacers, shim sizes, oil volumes, settings for all the tracks that were run..

I could go on and on. It would have taken me a lifetime to find all this info. I will definitely be studying it and seeing how I can apply.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:40 am 

"I was fortunate enough to obtain full race logs and build documents"

You lucky bass -- turd.
Now that would be some cool stuff to read.
Nice score.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:26 pm 

Maybe that sheds a little light on the comment in the video about a race Engine :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:49 pm 

methodical wrote:
Maybe that sheds a little light on the comment in the video about a race Engine :-) :-) :-) :-)

Yeah I have been keeping my hole shut about it.
Everyday I look here hoping for a complete report :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:52 pm 

ha! I appreciate your silence.... I will say it's gonna be just a little longer. I am waiting for some custom made parts to come back, and they are taking forever! I promise to list everything I can about the Engine once I start assembling it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:43 pm 

looks really fun. Thanks for sharing the build with us.
Power, we all need more power.
Were all a bunch of power junkies.

More video please. Got my pop corn and cold ones ready.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 pm 

just watched five more times. Come on slackers you have to ask him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:14 pm 

methodical wrote:
I was fortunate enough to obtain full race logs and build documents for several super lites from back in the day. I was amazed at the information contained in these books. Engine build specs: bores, bore finishes, strokes, bearings, cylinder spacers, pistons with mod specs, timing specs and ignition modification instructions.

Chassis specs, part numbers wiring schematics, shock part number settings, spacers, shim sizes, oil volumes, settings for all the tracks that were run..

would love to read some of that info...i'm sure lots of guys here would like to see

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 pm 

I second that one.
Glad the info lives on. If his Engine work is anything like his chassis work. Oh my!

FYI. The Engine you have now sounded pretty darn nice.
Bore finish, that's one not talked about much. Very important.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 pm 

Wow great build and write up,,,, is she fore sale yet....lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:31 pm 

adnoh wrote:
I second that one.
Glad the info lives on. If his Engine work is anything like his chassis work. Oh my!

FYI. The Engine you have now sounded pretty darn nice.
Bore finish, that's one not talked about much. Very important.

Adnoh, I gotta tell ya... I have read and re-read just about everything you have written on this sight about these engines. I must say thank you for breaking things down so people can understand what your explaining. I literally have a binder full of your posts sitting on my desk. You sir, have your stuff together.

There will be a couple Engine build posts coming up. First I'm doing a BV style 360 cc build. Then a 420cc build, then a turbo build (with efi) and finally a snowmobile build. I wanna know what all of them feel like first hand. I have cylinders out with John Tice at small Engine machining,(also of everything 2 stroke fame) having the custom sleeves made and installed. John was responsible for many of the original large cc super lite engines. The cylinders are taking way longer then expected to finish, but I'm being patient. I have been on a mission collecting information, documentation and parts from super lites. There are a couple guys that have been amazingly kind to me...Nuke em, Peter Kay, Muddbogger and many others. So a big thank you to them.... I have been documenting what is going on with the builds and will definitely post up at some point.
Attachment:
20170924_142343.jpg
20170924_142343.jpg [ 42.5 KiB | Viewed 991 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:13 pm 

with the turbo build and the EFI build what Engine do plan on using. EFI would be sweet.. arctic cat has had eft for years now on there sleds

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:04 pm 

Again, sorry for the bump. Here's all the information. Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5