Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FL400R belt options
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:15 pm 

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am the original owner of a 1990 FL400R Pilot. Machine is mostly stock except for an LED light bar. I would never part with my toy. Its just way too much fun. Well, its time for another belt again. I have been searching online and I mostly find the Carslile Hypermax UA412. Is this a good choice or are there some others to consider? Thanks for any info.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: FL400R belt options
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:23 pm 

A stock or tuff belt are the best in my opinion.
Someone on the board might have one of them for sale, I would ask around. Both belts are no longer available unless you can find new old stock.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:29 pm 

I would stick with stock belt as well, I have owned 4 or 5 Pilots and the stock always worked where others failed after little time on them, unless you can get your hands on the Tuff. PM ez71pilot, He may have a stock or one of the Tuf belts, I know he was unloading some Pilot parts. Hes a stand up guy and wont do you wrong. Good luck

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:33 pm 

Thanks for the replies. I researched 2 belts that are of interest: Gates #20G4022 & Dayco #HPX 2203. Anyone tried either of these? Do they fit (my machine is stock)? Which one would you recommend? Thanks for any input. My current (stock) belt is too worn to even move the machine. If I didn't have a spare I would have been stuck on a black diamond rated trail up in the mountains. It went from power loss to immovable really fast. No Honda dealer near me has the stock belts & can't order them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:03 pm 

FYI, I spoke with Marv last Thusday. He has belts instock and is selling them as a 2 pack..He is also looking to do an axle run but needs a total of 15 orders. Google 4x4 Tuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:42 am 

I thought Marv was out of the belt business. Good to know he is back in the game. I enjoy talking with him.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:35 pm 

I'm working on some stuff for a LT set up for pilots and reached out to Marv to see if he would work with me on axles. Here is his initial email reply that started the phone calls. What a really nice guy. He brought the belts up to me on one of the calls.

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR LONG TRAVEL PILOT AXLES !!

WE ARE SOLD OUT AT PRESENT, AND I'M TRYING TO GET TOGETHER

15 ORDERS @ 400.00 EA = 30 AXLES -- TO MAKE THIS NEXT RUN .

THE ETC WILL BE 30 TO 40 DAYS !! MY CELL PHONE NUMBER IS

1-951-675-4674 IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET IN ON THIS RUN !

THE AXLES ARE INTERCHANGEABLE AND 17.750 LONG EACH

HOLDS ANY HORSEPOWER THAT HAS EVER BEEN USED

WITH NO FAILURES OF ANY KIND !! LOOKING FORWARD TO

TALKING WITH YOU !

Regards,
Marv
www.4x4tuff.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:22 pm 

afastcar did a buy of tuff belts and he sold them at a great price. Marv was always a little higher I believe. I though about doing a buy but now that I know Marv has them in stock I see no reason to. I have several in my parts box.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13115&hilit=tuff&start=25

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:40 pm 

rmesser wrote:
afastcar did a buy of tuff belts and he sold them at a great price. Marv was always a little higher I believe. I though about doing a buy but now that I know Marv has them in stock I see no reason to. I have several in my parts box.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13115&hilit=tuff&start=25

Myself and a few other guys put those belts through hell at the dunes with no problems, cant say that with other brands.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:21 pm 

I ordered a belt that was closest to the size mentioned in the Pilot shop manual. I will report when I have a chance to use it. The width is a perfect match.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 pm 

1990 FL400R wrote:
I ordered a belt that was closest to the size mentioned in the Pilot shop manual. I will report when I have a chance to use it. The width is a perfect match.

Any update here? Price, Brand, Part #? In need of a belt and curious what you tried and how it tested out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:38 pm 

1990 FL400R wrote:

Any update here? Price, Brand, Part #? In need of a belt and curious what you tried and how it tested out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:53 am 

dipnadactyl wrote:
1990 FL400R wrote:

Not sure if this will help you out:
http://pilotodyssey.com/clutch.htm
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8606&hilit=FL400+belt
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4941&hilit=FL400+belt

Profile E-mail