Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Should I buy it
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:48 pm 

There is a guy by me selling a FL350 it looks like its in pretty good shape . Its been sitting in a barn covered up for almost 10 years the guy said the last time he had it out it ran great . I would love to get it for my son when we go ridding now he always wants to ride my FL350 and I'm stuck with his FL250. The only thing holding me back from buying it is the guy can not find the keys for it he wants 1700.00 for it as is . It looks like its all stock no upgrades and the tiers are all dry rot . Do you guys think 1700.00 is worth the gamble.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Should I buy it
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:23 pm 

Take a pair of jumper cables with you and a compression gauge. Crank that baby over and see what the compression is.

Tires aren't cheap so at minimum I would talk him down to 1500 but that's only if it's in decent shape.

Are the fenders cracked?

Are the shocks frozen?

Is the seat ripped?

Is the gas tank rusted?

I'm sure someone here on the board will have a key switch setup.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:18 pm 

Show us some detailed pictures.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:19 pm 

Any pics ??
Second what Randman said.
At the end of the day you will still have to fix issues. The oddy had issues and most people have not addressed them unless they are hard core like the members here. Highly unlikely its gona be turn key.
For me $1700 is cheap but you will still spend a boat load for re&re. It all depends on your point of view and cash flow. Also keep in mind that not many of these machines come up for sale and are in reasonable shape, as most have been left outside.
Just my opinion.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:50 pm 

I just bought all new tires for my 350 for $182 off eBay.

Can someone teach me how to add pics correctly? Mine keep turning 90'

Attachments:
IMG_4305.JPG
IMG_4305.JPG [ 106.38 KiB | Viewed 511 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 pm 

fuesselfc wrote:
I just bought all new tires for my 350 for $182 off eBay.

Can someone teach me how to add pics correctly? Mine keep turning 90'

Download them to your computer from the camera. Then rotate to correct. Then upload here.

Tires for $182 -- hummmm. Careful what you buy. They might be two ply tires.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:10 pm 

They are all 4 ply, just what I could find for cheap for my first set of tires

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:50 pm 

I called the guy last night and told him I would take it and I would be there about noon to pick it up I figured why not I know it needs work and I love working on them . So when I went to pick it up the guy told me someone else came an hour before and they had cash in hand so he sold it to them I came so close to hitting the guy he said I never gave him a down payment so he was free to sell it to the first person with the money . I can understand if he sold it after I told him the other day that I would think about it but selling it after I called him and told him I would defiantly be there the next day pisses me off . Ill keep looking to find a FL350 for my son but there hard to find seems like there is a lot more of them for sale out west

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:22 pm 

I hope you told him that you had more cash on hand than what he was asking for it. People like that piss me off immensely!

Good luck with the search!

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:22 pm 

I don't blame you for being mad but if this was on craigslist and you talked to him I cant really blame him for selling it,people that contact you when you have something for sale on craigslist are usually a bunch of tire kickers that don't show up,I've had that happen many a times :shock: :-)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:18 pm 

No it wasn't on Craigslist a friend of mine told me this guy was selling it . And your wright about peopl not showing up that happened to me to when I was selling a car but I was already there to check it out and I would let him know one way our another if I was going to buy it so when I called him the next day and said I would be there the following day with the money he should of consider it sold . That's how most peopl I deal with work .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 am 

RJ1 wrote:
No it wasn't on Craigslist a friend of mine told me this guy was selling it . And your wright about peopl not showing up that happened to me to when I was selling a car but I was already there to check it out and I would let him know one way our another if I was going to buy it so when I called him the next day and said I would be there the following day with the money he should of consider it sold . That's how most peopl I deal with work .

I agree with this reasoning. He should of told the guy to come back at about 12:30 or 1:00 and if you didn't show then sell it to the other guy. If I tell you I am taking it then it's mine and consider it sold.
No more honor in the world anymore. A man's word or a handshake doesn't seem to mean poo anymore.

Profile E-mail