Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:45 pm 

I found pics these somewhere that somebody emailed me and thought since they are spread far and wide everyone should be able to have a look. Can anybody make these for cheap?

Attachments:
Pilot 3 inch lower a-arms.JPG
Pilot 3 inch lower a-arms.JPG [ 188.64 KiB | Viewed 1690 times ]
Pilot LT front lower shock mount.jpg
Pilot LT front lower shock mount.jpg [ 62.29 KiB | Viewed 1690 times ]
pilot3inchupper2.JPG
pilot3inchupper2.JPG [ 131.79 KiB | Viewed 1690 times ]
Lower a-arm derlin bushing 1.jpg
Lower a-arm derlin bushing 1.jpg [ 19.46 KiB | Viewed 1993 times ]
Lower a-arm derlin bushing 2.jpg
Lower a-arm derlin bushing 2.jpg [ 47.5 KiB | Viewed 1993 times ]
Lower a-arm derlin bushing 3.jpg
Lower a-arm derlin bushing 3.jpg [ 175.65 KiB | Viewed 1993 times ]
cad bushing 1.jpg
cad bushing 1.jpg [ 9.43 KiB | Viewed 1993 times ]
cad bushing 2.jpg
cad bushing 2.jpg [ 49.15 KiB | Viewed 1993 times ]
Undimensioned weld in adaptors.JPG
Undimensioned weld in adaptors.JPG [ 7.04 KiB | Viewed 1993 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:51 pm 

I'm sorry I forgot, I have a list of materials suppliers and cost estimates if anybody wants. Might save a little time if somebody wants to build them, and maybe we could get a group buy on materials to save cost. Sorry for the size of the pics. I did not resize them. That is the way they came ;-) I think cost for materials works out at like $270 a set or something like that including massive drops and given material waste. What do you guys think? Who loves you? Give me some love here! HAHAHA

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:55 pm 

Bill.. wrote:
I'm sorry I forgotr, I have a list of materials suppilers and cost estimates if anybody wants. Might save a little time if somebody wants to build them, and maybe we could get a group buy on materials to save cost. Sorry for the size of the pics, I did not resize them, that is the way they came. I think cost for materials works out at like $275 a set or something like that. What do you guys think?

I havent taken the time to study the dimensions on the prints but I am intrested in at least one
set and maybe a second set for my wifes Pilot.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:01 pm 

Well, let me know, I have a few sets of bushings made up already (per those dimensions) and that will give you a head start. I'll send them right up to you and we can see how they work :-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:46 pm 

I have a whole bunch more pics of bump steer setups and stuff like that if you guys want to see them, just let me know. Ain't no black art or mystical science to making A-Arms or bump steer kits, that is for sure. These guys selling them for big bucks are just ripping off everyone here that rides buggies. Kind of makes me sick when I think about it. Anybody can make these if they really want to. I thought I might make some and sell them for $10,000 a set just so I could pay for my house in the Bahamas. You guys have a problem buying me a house? Come on now, were friends right? HAHAHA Bill..

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:26 pm 

Yeah post the other pics if you will I would like to see them even tho I don't see a need
for the bump steer kid and have been doing just fine without one with my +2.5 arms

Can you make up a quick jig and bend up a set of arms, tack weld them I can do the
finish welding if you want, the jig could be made from plywood since the arms are
fully adjustable I don't see where they need to be perfect down to the .001

How bout bending up a Rorty chassis whilst you have tools out?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:38 pm 

How bout I come hang out at your place a month and we build two R-6 and head out in the modified schoolbus?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:08 am 

I like turkey legs and JD hmmmm buddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:15 am 

Bill.. wrote:
How bout I come hang out at your place a month and we build two R-6 and head out in the modified schoolbus?

Sure lets build! but first I gotta get some other stuff out of the way, got the bed off the old GMC
repairing some of the bed mounts that are broke, kid is cleaning up the exposed section of
the frame and painting it, I figured since I had the bed off now would be a good time to
touch up the paint on the roof and back of the cab so I don't have to pull the bed to paint
it in the future.

The bus is not ready just yet its just setting for now I only work on the inside of it when the
weather is nice (its too tall to fit in the shop), still have some seats to remove then pulling
up the floor, the list is long but I am plugging along heck I am still not 100% sure what I want
to do with it, use it like it is, cut off the back start all over, sell it as is and double my money,
pull the Engine/trans and install it in the Ritz?

What you know about eh 366 BB chevy, HP and torque numbers, max RPM etc. I searched
and really cant find anything...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:16 am 

I am guessing that front ends on the 350's and Pilots are not interchangable at all?

Be nice to have a cheap setup for the 350's too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:55 pm 

These plans will come in handy someday. I would like to have extra arms for my LT machine. I always planned to just make some jigs and copy mine but just can't find the time these days.

Something that bothers me though.... isn't the idea/just talk of copying/stealing someone elses design and offering to build them for a profit(although at a lower price) what started the whole no-rev CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) box debate?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:20 pm 

Bill, anything going on with this by chance??? I would be interested in a set if it is gonna happen.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:36 pm 

Hi, I don't intend to make them anytime soon, or at least I had not thought about it lately. That is why I post that so to give people that wanted to make their own a start on it. ATVR does not have any patents on the stuff they build so I hear. Those drawings are indeed different than ATVR arms, and anything more than 10% different eliminates any claim they might have. Those arms drawn there don't even have material list call out or ball joints.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:20 pm 

Bill those pictures are for 2+ arms for a Pilot?Also what size Hiem joint would be used for the ends that connect to the frame-are those sketches designed with tapped ends on them to accept the hiems?
Also, would the ball joints be removeable?
Do you have a facts sheet you could email me please for these arms in possible?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:20 pm 

They are +3. You got mail.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: A-arms
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:54 am 

I also would be interested in more info. on these as I have two Pilots that I'd like to install them on. I may be able to drum up one of my buddies here to fab these up for a cheap fee if I get all the specs. Hoser you can bring your bus over to my shop. I put in a 12x12 overhead door into the end of my 25x85 wing just so I could do projects like this.