Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:55 am 

Picked up 2 running pilots with all good plastic from the local 6flags amusement park. $2500 for the pair with a dozen spare tires and rims. Story is they were used in the batsman and robin show. Foolishly I sold one for what I paid to a friend$1250.
I'm going through mine and cleaning it up found a oil fill plug behind the seat. Also found the level plug. Level is good but I want to drain and replace. What oil should I use? I read thT I should overfill it. Is this wise and how much? Also, is there another place on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) that need oil? I can't find any.

Is there a list out there on a what to do on a barn find machine before using? Gas tank is clean. Drained and refilled with 100ll at 50:1 klotz techniplate.
Clutch makes a funny wind down noise when it slows down in rpm. Is this normal? Both machines did it.
Also looks like tires are toed in a bit. How should I set that up. Just put new front tires on because the old ones were street tires and would kill me off road!

I'll have more questions to come along with some pictures. (Did I mention they came with NIB OEM front plastic!)
Should I attempt to remove the clutches and clean them? Searching says there a pain to remove and need special home made tools!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:12 am 

Spotted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Lc5MTRvIo

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:29 pm 

How about some photos of your purchase.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:37 pm 

what a find! you could have sold one to your friend for what you paid for the pair and still would have given him a super deal!
congrats on your purchase.
Assuming you have checked for good compression, it would also be a good idea to do a leak down check, this will give you a good idea of seal and gasket condition. If sitting along time I would drain the fuel tank, mix some good synthetic 2 smoke oil in, maybe mix some oil/gas at 50/50, just a little and use a spray bottle and get some oil on the cylinder walls, with the plug wire off and the choke on crank it over a bit, like 20-30 seconds just to get the bottom end nice and wet. drain the gear box and balancer oils and refill assuming there is no water in them. I'd also change out the coolant, put the plug wire back on and fire it up, it's going to be flooded, you may have to hold the throttle open to get it to fire.
if you want to go deeper into it, pull the cylinder and check the condition of the cylinder walls, piston and crank

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm 

tobaccoman wrote:
Picked up 2 running pilots with all good plastic from the local 6flags amusement park. $2500 for the pair with a dozen spare tires and rims. Story is they were used in the batsman and robin show. Foolishly I sold one for what I paid to a friend$1250.
I'm going through mine and cleaning it up found a oil fill plug behind the seat. Also found the level plug. Level is good but I want to drain and replace. What oil should I use? I read thT I should overfill it. Is this wise and how much? Also, is there another place on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) that need oil? I can't find any.

Is there a list out there on a what to do on a barn find machine before using? Gas tank is clean. Drained and refilled with 100ll at 50:1 klotz techniplate.
Clutch makes a funny wind down noise when it slows down in rpm. Is this normal? Both machines did it.
Also looks like tires are toed in a bit. How should I set that up. Just put new front tires on because the old ones were street tires and would kill me off road!

I'll have more questions to come along with some pictures. (Did I mention they came with NIB OEM front plastic!)
Should I attempt to remove the clutches and clean them? Searching says there a pain to remove and need special home made tools!

$2500 for the pair? Unbelievable. You stole those things. People comb websites everyday looking for a barn find like that. Congrats!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:17 am 

Here are some pics as it sits now. Still looking for a roof piece and source on a good ebrake cable. Going to get tiny tach and need to source the wrist restraints. Bear with me on pics. All off my phone

Attachments:
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG [ 86 KiB | Viewed 383 times ]
IMG_0982.JPG
IMG_0982.JPG [ 98.54 KiB | Viewed 383 times ]
IMG_0983.JPG
IMG_0983.JPG [ 84.97 KiB | Viewed 383 times ]
IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0984.JPG [ 100.95 KiB | Viewed 383 times ]
IMG_0985.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG [ 53.81 KiB | Viewed 383 times ]
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0986.JPG [ 62.6 KiB | Viewed 383 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:06 pm 

Wrist restraints here: http://blueskyppg.com/index.php?main_page=products_new

Nice score on the machines.
On a side note, ain't that flag illegal now ?? :-)
Apparently they even pulling down statues.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:37 pm 

Yes that is an awesome score. Soo clean. Way to go. Hope u r friend appreciates u.
That's where it all started. Nobody said Boo when they decided the Confederate flag was not politically correct. The statues are a loss to future generations.
I'll stop there because this is not the place for it.
Edd

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:18 am 

Thanks for the link oddy. Any links on the foot well cover. Cleans up the front end nicel. Next project is fabbing a front bumper

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:58 pm 

tobaccoman wrote:
Thanks for the link oddy. Any links on the foot well cover. Cleans up the front end nicel. Next project is fabbing a front bumper

I don't think they came with foot well covers.
Guys make their own. Seen one made out of clear lexan and I make my stuff out of that plastic you get at the lumber stores. The stuff that goes on the bathroom wall.
If you are ambitious you could make some doors too see pic.

Attachments:
s-l1600[4].jpg
s-l1600[4].jpg [ 79.48 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]
102_4114.JPG
102_4114.JPG [ 81.98 KiB | Viewed 334 times ]
File comment: My machine
20160216_183644.jpg
20160216_183644.jpg [ 59.14 KiB | Viewed 333 times ]
redrider post.JPG
redrider post.JPG [ 70.95 KiB | Viewed 331 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:16 pm