Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Poo gas?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:13 pm 

I usually start my car in the morning, mild temperatures, and drive off, the reason I don't cold seize is I'm not pinning the throttle running at or near max power output, on my desert machines, I start them, warm up for several minutes and leave camp, again not at full throttle, give it a chance to warm up, also after sitting at the bottom of the hill in the evening having a refreshment, let 'er warm up a bit before charging up. HP makes heat and you do need to give the cylinder a change to expand.
On the CR500 there is a seizure referred to as a stop sign pattern, this happens because the area around the studs is not cooled like the rest of the cylinder, many claim you need to do the bore and hone with a torque plate to eliminate that, the Engine shop I use doesn't agree, I had this seizure once, it due to running low on coolant.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:41 pm 

Warmed pilot up for 10 minutes then shut it off and let it cool. Ran it again and after about 6 minutes noticed coolant all over the ground. Turned it off and found hose coming off bottom of radiator had come off where it enters the cases. Found no clamp on the hose. Installed clamp and good to go. Took her out for half hour yesterday with very few full throttle hits. (It's impossible to ride the dunes and not occasionally need full throttle ) . All good for now

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:38 pm 

what dunes are you hitting out of Sac?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:46 pm 

Soooooooooooooo ---- what's happening here on this ??
Any update ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:44 pm 

Kuma wrote:
what dunes are you hitting out of Sac?

I have a vacation home on the Oregon Dunes. I'm up there every month pretty much. Just got back last week and heading back in 2 weeks. Love the Oregon Coast

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:47 pm 

I don't know why I sometimes get an email about a new post and sometimes don't. Happened to be perusing the boards and saw the new posts. And yes I have the notify me tab checked

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Any update ??

Only rode it that one time. It's typically just the wife and I. CO we have a bunch of people come down from Canada all the time. Since you barely work! :-) you should head down sometime. Maybe Rand can make it the same time too!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:06 pm 

Duneit wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
Any update ??

Only rode it that one time. It's typically just the wife and I. CO we have a bunch of people come down from Canada all the time. Since you barely work! :-) you should head down sometime. Maybe Rand can make it the same time too!

Thanks for the offer.
I gota pass though because at the moment the insurance has run out on the oddy's and I am not sure what a guy would need to ride in the USA. Also I now hate crossing the border. It's no fun anymore, Just don't want any hassles at the border. The hassles are mostly on the Canadian side when I wana come home. Our chimps get to wear guns now and they never did before. You can feel the badge happy. Glad I sold the race car.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:45 pm 

Can Odd,

Being that you're a square head like myself (well close, I'm Dutch), you'll fit right in and no one will know ur a furiner! :-)

You don't need any insurance to ride in the US! Just load up the toy and cross the border! Duneit has a beautiful setup on the Oregon dunes and I enjoyed myself during my visit immensely. He and his wife are fantastic hosts! I highly recommend it!

Rand

Attachments:
My Gracious Hosts and Myself.JPG
My Gracious Hosts and Myself.JPG [ 69.25 KiB | Viewed 210 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:16 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
Duneit wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
Any update ??

Thanks for the offer.
I gota pass though because at the moment the insurance has run out on the oddy's and I am not sure what a guy would need to ride in the USA. Also I now hate crossing the border. It's no fun anymore, Just don't want any hassles at the border. The hassles are mostly on the Canadian side when I wana come home. Our chimps get to wear guns now and they never did before. You can feel the badge happy. Glad I sold the race car.

CO. I have a pick from multiple Pilots and atvs you can ride. No insurance or ride excuses.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 am 

Duneit wrote:
CO. I have a pick from multiple Pilots and atvs you can ride. No insurance or ride excuses.

Baahahahahaahhaaha obviously you haven't been following my ride reports have ya ??
When was the last time my brother and I went out and didn't bust something ??
Actually we have both slowed wayyyyyyyyyyyyy down. Unfortunately we have only been out 3 or 4 times this year. Family things.
I do appreciate the offer and thank you.

Attachments:
File comment: It used to look like a pilot
20150808_173638.jpg
20150808_173638.jpg [ 55.3 KiB | Viewed 207 times ]
 Profile E-mail