Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quieter FL350
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:05 am 

Hi all,

New here. I finally picked up an FL350 and love it, have wanted one since I was a kid. I used a tractor to grate out a track in my pasture. After a few times of running the track, a neighbor who lives near the pasture flys down in a rage and say the FL350 is way too loud and loses it on me.

While I think he's slightly unhinged, I also want to respect the neighbors and wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts on a quieter exhaust system. I know the DG is the opposite of that; I'm running stock now and I don't want to bother too many folks. I have also modified the airbox with three total hoses for increased air intake.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Quieter FL350
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:48 pm 

These things are not quiet even stock. Are your stock exhaust pieces in good shape? no cracks or leaks? Baffles not rusted out?

If you do get a louder aftermarket exhaust make sure you get one with as long a silencer as you can.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:54 pm 

Unfortunately they are cracked and gas/oil leaks out of the joints between the expansion chamber and the silencer. I didn't think that would make much of a noise difference, but I'm guessing I'm wrong?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:56 pm 

maybe try to fit a snowmobile muffler on but beware of adding backpressure as that will make the Engine run hotter.
I would say you need to hang up some ne trespassing signs, if this is in a pasture your property and your not running around at 10pm then it's your neighbor with a problem not you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 pm 

Kuma wrote:
maybe try to fit a snowmobile muffler on but beware of adding backpressure as that will make the Engine run hotter.
I would say you need to hang up some ne trespassing signs, if this is in a pasture your property and your not running around at 10pm then it's your neighbor with a problem not you.

What he said!!!!!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:05 pm 

must agree with kuma, if your on your property then theres no issue at all. maybe if you were doing hot laps at midnight but that's another story.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:13 pm 

Thanks guys - I agree, the guy is way out of line. He even told me he’d call the police on me if I kept driving. So I called them for him and verified it’s totally legal. I only drive in daylight and try to keep it below 30 minutes.

Anyway, thanks again! Still wouldn’t mind getting it a little more quiet - think a new stock exhaust would do the trick?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:03 pm 

IssaquahFl350 wrote:
Thanks guys - I agree, the guy is way out of line. He even told me he’d call the police on me if I kept driving. So I called them for him and verified it’s totally legal. I only drive in daylight and try to keep it below 30 minutes.

Anyway, thanks again! Still wouldn’t mind getting it a little more quiet - think a new stock exhaust would do the trick?

I specifically chose to leave the stock exhaust on mine for similar reasons. I live on the outskirts of town. Lots of folks on my street ride their golf carts, 4 wheelers, etc... but trying not to be "that guy" with the totally obnoxious 2 stroke even though the stock exhaust is anything but quiet. Doubt there is much of anything that you can do to make it quieter than the stock exhaust.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:03 pm 

I have a stock Pilot complete pipe and muffler I could sell you both or just the muffler if you are interested, it's been so long since I drove it with the stock exhaust I couldn't tell you how quiet it is, but it's an option, still think a sled muffler is probably the quietest but that's just a guess, I got no data to back that up.

Profile E-mail