Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:37 am 

http://1dirracing.com/catalog/product_i ... 9223ebaa33

Just bought some to tryout. Sound great, has anyone else tried them???? I should have them by early next week and will give report on how well they work. Later, Gary

Post subject: More info
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:42 am 

I got mine from ebay acouple of days ago and had this info with it. It compares the major brands of reeds.

Description

You are Bidding on Our

Kit Includes:

Polished G3 Power Curve Reed Valve

Pro-Power Reed Petals

12mm Torque Spacers, Gaskets, all Hardware & Color Reference Manuals

(Fits: TRX 250R 86-89 | ATC 250R 81-86 | CR250/CR450/480R 78-01 | FL350 ODYSEE 85-87 | FL400 PILOT 89-91)

A World of Performance

(Available For most Makes and Models)

(See our Other Items)

We are producing the hidden horse power you've been looking for

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1Dir Racing has assisted me in being on top of my game, with great service and excellent technical assistance. The G3 Power SCT Intake, Power Curve Reed Valve and Torque Spacer has taken my Honda TRX250R to a new level, with a very improved and usable powerband. It pulls a lot harder at lower RPM's and won't stop until it is time to shift, then you do it all again. Just the installation of the G3 Power Kit and re-jetting makes it perform like a new high performance motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I race my bike for professional motorcross and let me tell you, no matter what you do with your bike if you don't have the G3 Power Kit you should order it TODAY!!! Dunes, Drags, Recreational, Motorcross it doesn't matter this will give you a whole new range of power!!!!
-Chad B. KS. (Races Pro-class / National Motorcross's / TRX-250R)

(see other testimonials)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G3 Power Curve Reed Valve:

The proper racing reed cage should have as much airflow as possible, because more air flow means more go!!! Reed cages should have long narrow easy opening petals and high air speed. Reed cages should not have inserts, boosters or stuffers as they cut the air speed and kill the total air flow. Reed cages should not have wings, bars or airfoils inside the cage itself. This makes the airflow travel a longer distance that slows the speed, and thus causes a severe restriction to the movement of air. The only function of the reed cage is to deliver the largest amount of air at the highest speed possible. Always remember that!! Do not believe the big fancy ads that say airflow isn't important, remember MORE FLOW = MORE GO!

With all racing engines, the more air you can flow into the cylinder at a high velocity, the more power can be obtained. Below are measurements of different reed valve assemblies measured at 10" of pressure drop, with all figures corrected for temperature and humidity. Note that CFM is cubic feet of air per minute. New designs have increased our performance with New updated CFM Results available soon.

For those of you who don't recall that "exhilaration", here is an example of comparative Flow Bench testing for a 250cc;

G3 Power Gurve Reed Assembly 71.40 CFM
Boysen Rad Valve 250cc 64.68 CFM
Honda CR/TRX/ATC25OR 6-petal 54.60 CFM
FMF 250cc & Suzuki RM250 1987-89 6-petal 53.26 CFM
V-Force 53.00 CFM*
Pyramid 51.00 CFM*
Yamaha YZ250 1989 6 petal 50.40 CFM

(All tests were performed in house and *calculated at 10 inches of water pressure and room ambient temperatures, to best simulate atmospheric conditions).

G3 Power Curve Reed Valve (Included)
G3 Power Curve Reed Valve(Inside Look)
G3 12mm (3/8) Torque Spacer with gaskets and hardware (Included)
G10 Pro-Power Reed Set (Included) (Alcohol/VP Race/Pumped Fuels)
X3 Power Reed Reed Set (VP Race/Pumped Fuels) (available).
G3 Thrust Angled Intake (available).
Thrust Intake:

Angled manifold allows fuel to flow straight down center of cage, instead of slamming into right corner of reed cage.

Why should I use the G3 Power Curve 8-Petal Reed Cage? How will it improve my Engine?
These are viable questions that need to be answered with facts and not just false advertising copy. First, the G3 8-PETAL REED CAGE will improve the Engine power throughout the entire RPM range, because it flows more air at any given RPM than the stock or any of the other after market reeds. This means better low-end power out of turns or hole shot, more mid and top-end speed for the straightaway. Secondly, the G3 REED CAGE will make the Engine easier to start, idle smoother, and in general will make the Engine easier to tune. This is do to the higher air velocity (speed) and added airflow provided by the design of the reed cage.

Well the PROOF is in the results:

Often when modifying ATV's, the first thing the owner thinks about is 'make it faster'. We don't think we'd get much opposition in saying that Engine modifications are the most popular mods done to ATV's today. However, how much are we willing to spend in keeping up with the TOP of the PACK and where do you Start?

We have performed numerous "at the Dunes/Drags" Field Replacements with many Racers/Riders who want to try our G3 Power Systems (SCT Intakes, Power Curve Reed Valves and 12mm Torque Spacers). MOST of these Racers/Riders don't want to spend $5,000 let alone $15,000, however we get their Attention when offering our G3 Power Curve Reed Valve, 12mm Torque Spacer & Swirled Charged Intake for under $250.00 while delivering "Mind Blowing Results".

We feel the Root to all Horse Power is derived principally from your Intake and Reed Gage and most arguably the first place to start Performance Upgrades.

What We Deliver:
Our Power Curve Reed Valve:

· More Air Flow, 2 Strokes need to move a lot of air through the reed valve quickly. The easiest way to get the most air soonest is to have more petal area openings at every tip of the reedcage and it's proven with our sloped power groove technology. Most other reed cage designs incorporate only a 2-4 Petal design, Ours Turn on the Power with 8 Petals.· More Air Velocity, so that there is higher air flow as soon as the reed petals open (lower reed petal lifts). Since the majority of the action in our reed cage is at or starts at the tip that's were we focus our designs. · Adjustable Power, Our reed valve also comes with tension adjusting reed stops, allowing you the versatility to "dial in" the desired power. Delivering more airflow at lower reed petal lifts offers · Fantastic Throttle response· Quicker acceleration out of the hole· Hard Top End Pull · More Horsepower and Ultimately ·More GO!

Our 12mm Torque Spacers:

· More Torque, Our 12mm reed spacers manipulate intake air so you can adjust how hard the Engine kicks when you slam on the gas. ·More RPM, Case Volume & Velocity, Our Torque Spacers help smooth and improve air flow into the cylinder. Moving the reed cage further back slightly shifts power toward the bottom end resulting in sharper, quicker throttle response, increased torque and added horsepower. ·More Air Velocity, Using Our Reed spacers will improve the velocity of air/fuel mixture entering the cylinder increasing low end & mid-range pulling power with overall great performance gains.

Carburetion Re-Jetting

Most of our sceptics don't want to believe you MUST Re-Jet your carburetor and are dismayed with the Facts. Most recently a prominate Pro-Race Shop performed an actual Dyno test comparision with our G3 Power Curve Reed Valves, stock ported and V-force reed valves. They proceeded to dial in their ATV using stock ported and V-Force reed vales and collected their data. When installing our G3's they performed the same Dyno tests without Re-Jetting because the bike was running great and didn't need to re-jet they said. The results offered were short of complementary. Once we ascertained they had NOT RE-Jetted, we insisted on helping by offering jetting considerations, gearing and other technical support prior to re-testing. Well even on our worst day our G3 Power Curve Reed Valves out performed V-Force by 200 RPM. Needles to say they Re-Jetted the carburetors and are not running V-Force. PLEASE, if you decide to purchase our G3 Power Curve Reed Valve Kit you must RE-JET!!

Technical Support

We provide an excellent technical support team for every skill level including race team and sponsorship support. We are diligent in offering a performance Solution that delivers and in most cases our technical support delivers a Top Down easy approach to installing, configuring and maintaining your bike. Our approach is Simple, We Stand Behind our products, help educate our clients and answer those Mysterious Questions you are hesitant to ask. E-mail your requests to Techsupport@1DirRacing.com

We provide in every purchase our FREE Color Technical References covering Carburetor Theory, Re-Jetting, Spark Plug and Fuel Facts. Helpful addition of materials for any experience level.

Testimonials:

1Dir Racing has assisted me in being on top of my game, with great service and excellent technical assistance. The G3 Power SCT Intake, Power Curve Reed Valve and Torque Spacer has taken my Honda TRX250R to a new level, with a very improved and usable powerband. It pulls a lot harder at lower RPM's and won't stop until it is time to shift, then you do it all again. Just the installation of the G3 Power Kit and re-jetting makes it perform like a new high performance motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I race my bike for professional motorcross and let me tell you, no matter what you do with your bike if you don't have the G3 Power Kit you should order it TODAY!!! Dunes, Drags, Recreational, Motorcross it doesn't matter this will give you a whole new range of power!!!!

-Chad B. KS. (Races Pro-class / National Motorcross's / TRX-250R)

We are now ready for the Texas National Drags: We ripped out our V-Force and installed your G3 Power Curve Reed Valves and Found that Hidden Horse Power we never thought possible. You guys spent the time to help us dial in our 97 T-Rex Banshee, our Pilots went from 30's to 60's / Over Sized Boost/Metering Jets all adjusted top out. G3's Delivered BIG TIME. HUGE TORQUE & HORSE POWER. Increased my TOP END over 25 MPH!!!!!

1st Gear: Hook Up is Unbelievable, Straight up in the air with tires burning.
2nd Gear: Rear end breaks away easily with almost uncontrollable power.
3rd Gear: the Bike went sideways and can easily pop this beast straight UP. So much Torque it can pull you out of the groove!!! if not lined up...
4th Gear: Bike Settles down and has Enormous Pull Away Speed. "Now we'll definitely beat Team X at the Nationals"
5th Gear: Pulls so hard with no end in sight. In fact after re-gearing to 1Dir Racing's Specs. the Bike is NOW UNBELIEVABLY SCARIER then He-dbl tooth picks.
6th Gear: now Scares Us in a GREAT WAY!!!!!!

Oh, by the way... We are selling our V-Force on e-bay with a disclaimer we here chuckled about. " Go ahead and buy these V-Force Reeds, however I'll be the one in front of you running the REAL Deal in Horse Power". BUY G3's
I believe it Now, G3's deliver the best Horse Power increase for the money you'll ever experience.

- E. Alvarado TX. National Drag Racing

We were skepticle using your G3 Power Curve Reed Valves never knowing about them within our MotoCross Racing Circle. We however were quickly amazed and EXHILARATED when gaining Horse Power we never felt before. Your Secrets in Racing are unbelievable. Your Technical know how is incredable and allowed us to dial in our YZ250 within 30 minutes. Can't believe the Re-Jetting, Mains went from 170 to 200, WOW ! The Power is Awesome!!, 2nd & 3rd pulls serious wheelies with Incredable Fast Screaming "When I Want IT" Power. Now I Truely have to Ride up on the Handle Bars!!! The Adjustable Reed Stops allowed us to adjust for Awesome Top End and couldn't use 3rd on a Flat Top because we were so FAST!!!! These should come STOCK in all Dirt Bikes and are definitely not for beginers..... TOO MUCH POWER.. The Beginners should use V-Force!!!

- B. Murphy Hawaii MotoCross

I believe these to be the best HP increase for the $ I've ever experienced. My CR500 was strong before but now from mid throttle to top gear on a flat pull, I can twist the front wheel up and over the top. What a fabulous increase! I got more power from idle to redline and redline actually increased .

-J. Harlan

We installed your G3 Power Curve Reed Valves, Spacers and your custom Needles in our 97 Banshee (all most Stock just Pro Circuit Pipes) and out performed my buddy running V-Force with almost exactly the same setup by 6 bike lengths. Very Impressed, Thanks a Ton for all your Color Tech Tips and Racing advise.

-Ron H. NE.

Besides pulling out the V-Force Reeds, installing your Sliders/Needles and Re-Jetting the carburetors, and I mean we had to Re-Jet the Carburetors to 30 pilots with 430 Mains (ya 430's) Most everyone couldn't believe that we were running a stock bike that performs so GREAT!!!. Besides going through more fuel the only question we have is "What's Next"

-W H. CA.

What an Unbelievable Difference, I can now bring my bike up and wheelie, what a thrilling performance increase for my RM125 Unbelievable...

-Jeff CA.

This Thing has tremendes power now. You are right, you really nead to fatten up with this product ( intake System) I can climb a hill practically come to a stop and hit the throttle again, and no hesitation, serious power !! WOW? Ive got five pages of knowledge, that would have taken five years to find out half of what you sent. I really appreciate this support!

-Hyde G. CO.

Unbelievalbe, that's all you can say! Installing your G3 10 Petal Power Curve Reed Valve kit on my Suzuki LT250/500 made all the difference in the World. Going from 6 to 10 Petals delivers HUGE PERFORMANCE. Heck this bike just stands up in almost any gear impressing me to no end! Thanks for all your GREAT Technical Support helping me dial in my Suzuki Quadzilla. Couldn't have done it without you guys, Thanks again,

-Dave F. TN.

They're GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR THE FAST SHIPMENT AND GOOD SERVICE for my Banshee

-John G. Netherlands Antilles

Well the bike ran great at the race and I ended up taking home 2nd place (improving from within top 10). After dialing in the carb and getting everything ready it ran like a champ. One of my competitors rode it afterwards and is very impressed. The bike is running great and I tell everyone I talk to, to check your company out. Thanks again for the support and I will keep in touch. Thanks,

-Chad B. KS. (Races Pro-class & National Motorcross's / TRX-250R)

Feedback
awsome product!!!!!!!, very proffesional!!!!! highly recomend!!!!!!

Great communication..Outstanding service ...Great support from tech line..AA++

Awesome!! Incredible! Best HP gain for the $$ I've ever received. AA++

Unbelievable Technical Support! Helped us dial in our Race Bikes to Top Performance!!!

Exhilaratng Power!!!!

** That Just About Says It ALL **

BIDDING AGREEMENT
Our Bidding and Selling Policies
Serious Bidders Only! Please e-mail us with any questions before you bid! If you do not intend to buy, do not bid.

PAYMENT
We accept Master Card, VISA, American Express, Discover, Paypal, money orders, and cashier's checks only. Payment is due within 3 days of end of auction and will be processed through confirmed e-mail. Buyer agrees to pay shipping and handling charges. Shipping charges apply to the Continental United States only. Alaska, Hawaii, and International shipping may incur extra fees. Shipping charges are non-refundable.
FEEDBACK
Leaving feedback is part of completing a transaction. We appreciate feedback being left promptly upon receipt of item.
MERCHANDISE and WARRANTY POLICY
All items are NEW. .. . We STAND behind our Products by offering a Limited LIFE TIME Reed Cage Materials Warranty against manufacturer defects and is void from misuse or abuse of any related product or part. Reed Petals, Rubber Intake Boot, Gaskets and Hardware are considered routine maintenance items and are covered from defects upon installation ONLY!!!!.

Customer Support [Contact Us: Techsupport@1DirRacing.com | (858)679-3288]
We are committed in offering exceptional quality products and a down to earth approach when dealing with our clients. Our professionalism dealing with our clients ATV and Motto-Sport needs are well focused in delivering performance solutions that work.
We develop and manufacture many of our performance products and are driven to perfect and develop new products continually.
Our performance solutions deliver and get the job done. Competitive pricing, Client Service and experience make your choice doing business with us Exhilarated.
Anybody can sell products, however we here at 1Dir Racing feel the focus must be in helping our clients during their selection, purchase and installation. We offer complete technical support allowing us to help you modify and fine tune your Banshee. We'll work with you until the results are achieved, can't say that about our competition.

Whether you race or just an enthusiast/recreational rider, we will do our best in supplying you great selection and value.

©Copyright 1Dir Technologies Corporation 2000-2004

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:33 pm 

Mossbarger cage?

I would never buy one just because of their bottom line of BS they spew LMAO

Looks like a last great act of desperation...

"awsome product!!!!!!!, very proffesional!!!!! highly recomend!!!!!!

Great communication..Outstanding service ...Great support from tech line..AA++

Awesome!! Incredible! Best HP gain for the $$ I've ever received. AA++

Unbelievable Technical Support! Helped us dial in our Race Bikes to Top Performance!!!

Exhilaratng Power!!!!

** That Just About Says It ALL **"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:31 am 
But but... those are all ebay feedbacks that you can find in their ebay feedback rating. Though corney I agree, that's what people actually said - and the 80 characters that ebay allows you for feedback isn't much to work with.

The more I read about this cage, the more it sounds like the best. hoser, I know that you like the CR250 cage (cleaned-up and streamlined) but have you tried the Vforce or the G3 since this post from months ago?

Anyone care to give feedback on their cages - before and after impressions if you have them:)

-mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:40 am 
Actually, you can read their feedback for yourself:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ ... d=1dircorp

Here's a couple taken from the first page:

"Excellent quallity with full documention,very well packed.Thank you 1DIRCORP."

"fast shipping, best customer service ever. called me on a saturday to help jet!!"

"awsome fast delivery great info on installation w/800# great product"

"THANK FOR A FRIENDLY SERVICE - BETS CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DELT WITH"

"THE POWER CURVE REEDS Gave Alot of Extra Power to my Blaster AAA+++"

And that's just from the first page - they have 206 feedbacks just like the ones above and have a 100% positive feedback rating... They seem pretty legit to me - I'm not seing any BS but then again I haven't tried their product =P

Is anyone running these on their Ody?

-mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:49 pm 

I ran them for a little while on my 350 and they did improve(smoothed out) the entire power band. I tried a reworked Rad valve from a friend and it gave me more bottom end. That is still in my odyssey now. I will bring the G-3 reeds to LS Oklahoma for anyone to swap in to try if they want to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:13 pm 
Thanks for replying, Nuke Em. Have you ever tried the Vforce by chance?

All the reviews I've read said that the Vforce was a better cage than the Boyesen, and that the ESR cage was better still. These 1dir guys claim to be better than all of them! (???)

I'm guessing that none of these valves are better than the other in every single aspect so I'm presuming that you should just buy the cage for what you're looking for ie low-end, top-end, broder power band, overall improvement etc.

Given the prices on these things, hoser's CR250 approach is looking pretty good...

Any more folks out there who wish to share their experiences?

-mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:30 pm 

From best to worse a reed cage is worth maybe 1 hp it is how ever part of a
total Engine package that sometimes will work good with other parts, the
combination I use works well with my setups, I havent seen a Vforce or the G3 pull past
me yet, they are always slower, perhaps it is the tuning or the tuner at any rate
I never felt the need to spent 150 bux on something that at best is only going to
provide a advantage you can only verify with a dyno, I also have yet to get a
straight answer from Vforce on their HP claims, 3-5 hp on what Engine?

I have been running my Pilot engines at 7400 PRM if I found I was not able to keep
up with the pack well enough to suit me I would just adjust the clutching to take it
up to 7800 to match the pipe design or to 8300 RPM where it really makes some
power, $150 reed cage not required... You also will want to factor in the cost of a
set of replacement reeds think the Vforce is 55 bux a set?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I have the V-Force!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:52 pm 

Hoser has spent alot (<--LMAO) of time staring at the back of my pilot over the years.......

;-)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:11 pm 

All those aftermarket reeds do come with pretty decals

Post subject: reeds
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:41 pm 

I have had these for over a year in my 350. It really cleaned up the whole range, no hesitation in mid throttle. They are the same as the Mossbarger reed cage or it seems to me it is. I got the set for $90. You might ask Would you buy them again? I would say probably not it is very comparable with the 250r reed assembly. But it does blow the boysen reeds in stock 350 cage away by a long ways, huge improvement. I have not used V force reeds so I can't compare them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:09 pm 

I have been wanting to compare the v-force reeds but keep getting out bid(i am cheap) but sooner or later I will land a set to try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:17 pm 

Nuke Em wrote:
I have been wanting to compare the v-force reeds but keep getting out bid(i am cheap) but sooner or later I will land a set to try.

Same here, I would like to try them just not going to shell out the money they want,
don't let my comments stop anybody from trying them, keep in mind when you
buy used chances are they they will need new reeds, you might want to factor
that into the price.

Profile E-mail