Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Pilot Crank Seals
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:09 am 

Hey all,
as you all know the pilot crank seal (91203-he0-003) are discon and getting very hard to find......i went to see a buddy of mine (a factory Engine builder for Aprilia) i told him about our problem and took him one of the seals...He phoned his seal guy.... as we know there are no double wiper spring seals on the market in the size we need..... closest size is the one Randy sells which isn't wide enough.....
so i asked if we could tool up for the correct size......yes can tool up for the same seal but with a min order of 250 (hes coming back with a price on monday-ish but would think in the $25 each)...these seals also would be made in Viton and much better rubber compound than OEM, better temp range etc heres the web-site
http://www.dupontelastomers.com/product ... itondotcom
i know OEM's like VW,Audi,Seat,Toyota,Mercedes, have used viton seals for over 10 years so they are proved out......

My question is how much interest in the seals because 250 is quite alot and i'll have to put the cash up to do it......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:38 am 

You the man Pete, thank you for all the hard work you do in finding replacement parts.

Whew 250 is a lot of seals, $6,250.00.

Count me in for 4.

I have no problem in sending money up front.

Take care.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:33 am 

ill do 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:02 pm 

Wow 25.00 is huge for that seal I think I will try a regular seal before I spend 25.00 on one, the clutch side seal is a single seal and seals out from dirt, dust, water etc, the right side seal only needs to seal out the clean cool oil splash that's being throw at it by the balancer gears.

I don't see where "better" materials than was used for OEM needs to be used for this seal.

Why cant the original MFG of these seals be contacted and have them do a run of the same seals like they use to run for Honda? If someone can figure out who this is and how to contact them I could probably get all the info for the seal they are going to ask.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:38 pm 

hoser wrote:
Wow 25.00 is huge for that seal I think I will try a regular seal before I spend 25.00 on one, the clutch side seal is a single seal and seals out from dirt, dust, water etc, the right side seal only needs to seal out the clean cool oil splash that's being throw at it by the balancer gears.

I don't see where "better" materials than was used for OEM needs to be used for this seal.

Why cant the original MFG of these seals be contacted and have them do a run of the same seals like they use to run for Honda? If someone can figure out who this is and how to contact them I could probably get all the info for the seal they are going to ask.

cool i won't bother then......

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:55 am 

Just wanna say "Good onya Pete!" Image
You do a lot for this forum's,member's benefit.
In fact so much so........you could NEARLY be allowed to become an Aussie! Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:00 pm 

hoser wrote:

Now the seal I just took out of my NY Engine was double lipped is that needed or not as I do believe somebody had posted a single lipped seal that fit recently in 1 of these threads.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:21 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
hoser wrote:

Now the seal I just took out of my NY motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((starter motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) or a fan motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))?)) was double lipped is that needed or not as I do believe somebody had posted a single lipped seal that fit recently in 1 of these threads.

Sorry I don't understand the question.

Anytime you rebuild the Engine it needs all new seals.

Define double lipped all seals has at least 2 lips on them IMO that makes every seal on the planet "double lipped" NOW if your talking to the SPECIAL SEAL Honda installed on the mag side of the internal combustion Engine not a internal combustion motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) haha IMO that seal would have 4 lips and not be a double lip seal.

Cant remember the thread that had details pics of this seal so everybody knows what were talking about.

You need to be very descriptive and detailed :-)

When I start reading a post a blank white page appears in my head then as you describe to me your problem images start appearing on that screen currently I have a image of a seal and a electric fan motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) on the screen I have ASSumed the rest :shock:

For the elusive right side crank seal on the Pilot internal combustion Engine the type that runs on gas/oil not electricity like a "motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? ))" does I would try the seal Randy is selling, changing that seal is not all that hard if it leaked in the future and could be changed with the internal combustion Engine installed in the frame.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:51 pm 

Double lipped in my "tongue" means there are 2 individual separate areas of surface that will seal say in this case the crank shaft in 2 separate areas on the crank in this case when the said crank is inserted through the said seal. 1 OF THESE "LIPS" or "areas of surface" would be located on the inside or inner side of the seal, or shall we say the left side of the seal. The other "lip" would be located on the right side of the seal. These areas would be id AND NOT ON THE OUTSIDE or od OF THE SAID SEAL. Hopefully this clears up any confusion. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:53 pm 

Also motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) means Engine in some areas of the country. In NJ we do speak weird they say!
I will for further postings use the term "internal combustion Engine" so future postings will be clear and precise. My apologies. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:50 pm 

hoser wrote:

I supplied this info before when you asked the same question. OEM is Arai Seisakusho in Japan. Local branch is ARAI Americas, Inc.

5878 Bayside Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
Phone: (757) 363-8101
Fax: (757) 363-8075
info@arsmfg.com

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:03 pm 

crb wrote:
hoser wrote:

I supplied this info before when you asked the same question. OEM is Arai Seisakusho in Japan. Local branch is ARAI Americas, Inc.

5878 Bayside Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
info@arsmfg.com

Thanks I will send them a email see if I can get a reply.

Searched this site for that address cant find it maybe it was lost in the hack?

I need to find them detail pics and numbers off the OEM seals to send with the email I have nothing here with me at the moment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:58 am 

Hoser, I have a new OEM seal on it's way to you. I can also take some pictures of these seals I just removed from my Engine here today for you? Also Randy told me he had thought Honda released some of the bottom end seals we have been looking for so I placed an order at Service. Hopefully he is right!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:47 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
Hoser, I have a new OEM seal on it's way to you. I can also take some pictures of these seals I just removed from my Engine here today for you? Also Randy told me he had thought Honda released some of the bottom end seals we have been looking for so I placed an order at Service. Hopefully he is right!

The seal is hear it came in the Honda OEM packaging here is pics of both sides of the seal showing the "double lip" you see the spring on both sides.

Attachments:
Dsc01523.jpg
Dsc01523.jpg [ 53.55 KiB | Viewed 1382 times ]
Dsc01524.jpg
Dsc01524.jpg [ 45.19 KiB | Viewed 1382 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:54 pm 

Is that a seal from service honda?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:27 pm 

No private seller.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:26 pm 

hoser wrote:
crb wrote:
hoser wrote:

5878 Bayside Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
info@arsmfg.com

Thanks I will send them a email see if I can get a reply.

Searched this site for that address cant find it maybe it was lost in the hack?

I need to find them detail pics and numbers off the OEM seals to send with the email I have nothing here with me at the moment.

Hoser,did you ever email them and get a reply?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:28 am 

Just thinking of this from a different angle ,what is the depth of the seal and the casting the seal sits in? could you run two seals back to back?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:32 pm 

Mudd you and "H" just made me spit my coffe on my lap top. Nice!