Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Custom axle.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm 

Made this custom axle today for halo. He broke an atv racing one a couple months ago and still waiting for a set to be made with no eta. So I took 2the stock ones I had and cut them to make 1 a new longer one. Made it the same lenght as atvs and then sleaved it with 120 wall chromolly. I figuered it will work because rear wheel drive vehicles use welded drive shafts. I will put it to the test and report back.

Attachments:
2013-04-24_15-07-06_841.jpg
2013-04-24_15-07-06_841.jpg [ 31.43 KiB | Viewed 2415 times ]

Post subject: Re: Custom axle.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Made this custom axle today for halo. He broke an atv racing one a couple months ago and still waiting for a set to be made with no eta. So I took 2the stock ones I had and cut them to make 1 a new longer one. Made it the same lenght as atvs and then sleaved it with 120 wall chromolly. I figuered it will work because rear wheel drive vehicles use welded drive shafts. I will put it to the test and report back.

Seen that done before the tubing could not take the torque once and flattened out, he thinks he landed on one tire when it happen, the other one the welds did not hold, you have nothing to lose.

Anybody contact Marv at 4x4 tuff http://store.4x4tuff.com/po11.html see if he is going to make more LT axles his has never broke, I lost count of all the ATVR axles I have read about breaking, has to be over 20 by now, ATV has never taken any steps to make a better axle they want them to break so they have parts to sell you guys so keep buying them. http://store.4x4tuff.com/po11.html

Marv took one of the broken ATVR axles and had the metal analyzed to see what the problem was then used the correct metal, no broken axles....

Everybody can go here and nag Marv into making another batch I just did haha
http://php.4x4tuff.com/contactus.html Marv likes to talk on the phone so leave a number.

If Marv does not want to run another batch ask him what metal was used, Sway Away makes the axles for ATV Racing arnt these guys in your back yard? http://www.swayaway.com

Maybe Sway Away can do a group buy and make the axles out of the correct material and make them the correct diameter?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 pm 

Post from 2009
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5302&view=next

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:59 pm 

Yeah halo contacted marv and sway away and they both are not going to make a run of axles until they get a large enough order. So I thought I would try this out for him since his pilot it dead until an axle is found. Gonna be interesting to see how long it lasts. The axle is welded together before sleaving adding to strength.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:48 pm 

Incase that does'nt work,try this next time.

Cut the sleeve ends on an angle,this gives you more weld line,plus spreads the rotational forces along the axle line,instead of a singular perpendicular axis.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:40 am 

You can even chuck it up in the lathe and turn the bead-high-points and sleeve down like no more than .01" simply to get rid of any uneveness or sharp stress risers. You'll be able to tell it she's straight, too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:16 am 

shoubadaba wrote:
Yeah halo contacted marv and sway away and they both are not going to make a run of axles until they get a large enough order. So I thought I would try this out for him since his pilot it dead until an axle is found. Gonna be interesting to see how long it lasts. The axle is welded together before sleaving adding to strength.

Anybody that owns a ATVR axle needs to get in on a group buy and have Marv make up a batch sooner or later the ATVR axles are going to break.

I don't blame Marv ATVR or sway away for not wanting to run a batch and tie up that much money in a bad economy on a low sales part I too would let the owners of this rare axle carry the financial burden :shock:

If I had ATVR axles I would be all over it once I got my 4x4 Tuff axles I would install then ebay the ATVR junk lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:02 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
You can even chuck it up in the lathe and turn the bead-high-points and sleeve down like no more than .01" simply to get rid of any uneveness or sharp stress risers. You'll be able to tell it she's straight, too.

Another way to tell if "she's straight" is lick your index and middle fingers and attempt the "two in the pink" maneuver. If she goes for it, proper etiquette dictates it is now OK to move forward with "one in the stink"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:41 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Another way to tell if "she's straight" is lick your index and middle fingers and attempt the "two in the pink" maneuver. If she goes for it, proper etiquette dictates it is now OK to move forward with "one in the stink"

I suggest you look up Steel Panther "The shocker"

Good evening romance song

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 am 

nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

lol hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :-) :-) :-) -:: :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:22 am 

B S wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

lol hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :-) :-) :-) -:: :shock:

Another reference to the anus I think this is like the 3rd on he has made reference to sticking something in a anus on this site, seems he has a infatuation with sticking things in the anus let me ask this once you get something stuck in the anus how you tell what you have it stuck in, is their a difference between the inside of the anus of a man and a women or a difference between a human and a animal, so after a while partaking in intoxicants does it really matter what anus your sticking your things into? LMAO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:24 am 

nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Baaaaahahahaaa...almost a year later, and I just now saw this! LOL!!! :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:32 am 

hoser wrote:
B S wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

lol hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :-) :-) -:: :shock:

Another reference to the anus I think this is like the 3rd on he has made reference to sticking something in a anus on this site, seems he has a infatuation with sticking things in the anus let me ask this once you get something stuck in the anus how you tell what you have it stuck in, is their a difference between the inside of the anus of a man and a women or a difference between a human and a animal, so after a while partaking in intoxicants does it really matter what anus your sticking your things into? LMAO

Not really sure let's let nick chim in haha :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:28 pm 

B S wrote:
hoser wrote:
B S wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Not really sure let's let nick chim in haha :-)

Has another batch of axles been produced since this post was started?

Sway Away is or was making the axles for ATV Racing but they IMO are junk I lost count how many I have heard about breaking in the past, have not heard of a single axle failure for the axles Marv at 4x4 tuff had made, not sure why people even consider going back to ATVR for another axle that is likely to break again.

I remember when Marv first made the axles he said if we have problems with the axles breaking he could go to a even better grade of steel but it would be a waste of money if their is no problem he also said he took a old broken ATVR axle and had the material analyzed and said it was shit and the wrong grade metal and he was not surprised to hear they were breaking, when I first bought my Pilot I bought a pair of ATVR LT axles just in case I wanted to convert my Pilot to LT, I bought mine the same time two buddies bought theirs when they converted their Pilots too LT it was not even the end of the first race season then one of their axles broke and he called asking if he could borrow my spare, after seeing his broken axle and how where it broke I sold him both of my axles lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:05 pm 

more have been made and the temporary one I made on here is still holding up well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:29 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
more have been made and the temporary one I made on here is still holding up well.

Who made and has the "more", are they currently forsale are they the same old junk ATVR has been selling since their first LT kit?

"holding up well" = ? Setting in your garage or you have ran 500 gallons of gas through your Pilot testing?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:34 pm 

hoser wrote:
B S wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Are you trying to seduce me? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:35 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Baaaaahahahaaa...almost a year later, and I just now saw this! LOL!!! :shock:

LOL! I had forgotten about this post! It was still funny a year later for me too!!! HAhaha!!!

Oh, and don't forget the thumb for "hitting the nitrous button" PIEW PIEW PIEW!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:38 pm 

Sway away made the new run. The axle was on halos pilot had 9 races and 7 dessert /dunes trips on it about 50 gallons of fuel on it. I wouldn't hesitate to run welded axles as it was meant to just last 1 race weekend and has surpassed that by far. He now has a welded set from Dave-Co made the exact same way i did it just a couple inches longer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:47 pm 

shoubadaba wrote:
Sway away made the new run. The axle was on halos pilot had 9 races and 7 dessert /dunes trips on it about 50 gallons of fuel on it. I wouldn't hesitate to run welded axles as it was meant to just last 1 race weekend and has surpassed that by far. He now has a welded set from Dave-Co made the exact same way i did it just a couple inches longer.

Good to hear its holding up, the majority of the ATVR axles I have witnessed broken they broke closer to the splines where their was not room for a weld repair.

So we call Sway away to buy new axles or we have to buy through ATVR?

Did Sway away change what they were doing or are they still making the same old shit that has been a problem breaking since their very first batch?

How much are they ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:20 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

Bro im still rolling lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:47 am 

and im still laughing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:18 pm 

Sway away won't really sell the public. I used my company name and they let me buy them directly from them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 pm 

Can Dave-Co add to this posting i wonder?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:19 am 

I have made 12+ axles and all Have had no issues at all. I have 2 pilots of my own that my kids have burned at least 100

gallons of fuel each since I made them and still going strong. The only drawback is the fact it takes 4 stock axles to make 2 long travel. The stock axles are incredibly hard, with a 7.5 inch long 1,4 120 wall 4130 sleeve with about 20 half inch holes drilled into it then rose welded to the axle I don't think they will break. My kids would have broke them by now, I believe making them is far better than sway stay away. I have a axle shop for rock crawlers looking to make me some axles for LT pilots, don't know when but they will be great when done..

Profile E-mail