Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: My New LT Pilot
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:53 am 

Ride report, it is awesome, I need to get some stronger springs up front but I am so happy with it.
Already had my first crash though, this last Sunday, had an almost head on with a bike, bent the left front rim, bent the spindle, bent the bump steer bracket, bent the outer tie rod stud, broke the lower main steering shaft at the only spot that I did not redo, right where the yoke was welded the the lower shaft.

I am uploading a few videos, here is a link to the first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYylUT ... e=youtu.be

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfUiMD ... e=youtu.be

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 am 

scpilot66 wrote:
Already had my first crash though, this last Sunday, had an almost head on with a bike, bent the left front rim, bent the spindle, bent the bump steer bracket, bent the outer tie rod stud, broke the lower main steering shaft at the only spot that I did not redo, right where the yoke was welded the the lower shaft.

Oh my. Is there a helicopter base near by ?? Just asking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:18 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
scpilot66 wrote:

Oh my. Is there a helicopter base near by ?? Just asking.

Definitely not a place to get hurt, Thank Goodness no one was.

I have heard of people getting hurt down in there and having to be air lifted out.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 am 

WELL BUDDY I am giving you the balls of the year award.
Just watched those videos. Based on what I see and listening to the Engine rpm and pitch, you are doing a good 65 mph there. I can just see this going real wrong fast. That's why my comment on the helo. Great drive though.
You also seem to be a big boy. You fill the cockpit and that tells me that in a crash your head is going to hit the ground for sure. Mine did in my crash and I'm only 5'4" 130 lbs. Be careful out there.
Think I am going to watch those vids again. What a great place to ride.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:37 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
Just watched those videos. Based on what I see and listening to the Engine rpm and pitch, you are doing a good 65 mph there. I can just see this going real wrong fast. That's why my comment on the helo. Great drive though.
You also seem to be a big boy. You fill the cockpit and that tells me that in a crash your head is going to hit the ground for sure. Mine did in my crash and I'm only 5'4" 130 lbs. Be careful out there.

Thank you Sir, I have always worried about coming around a corner and someone coming at me the other direction but you sure look at a whole different way when it actually happens. The great thing about the Puerco is you do not see people that often when down in there, it is a very large awesome place to ride.

Here is another video, just after 10 minutes in I run behind a 2017 Yamaha 1000. Great guys to ride with, they love to push it like I do. Watch the video close there is a spot where they almost endow it trying to out run me. I will say this, I am very happy with my Pilot they could not keep up with me through the rough stuff and we rode together a good part of the day, they were behind me when the crash happened and thank goodness, I had to get my truck and drive it way down in the Puerco to get my Pilot. It was a day of adventure for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_q3Ox_ ... e=youtu.be

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am 

That looks like some fun desert riding. Thanks for sharing the videos. Looks like you're wearing one of JKnarfal's T-shirts. I got a couple from him. Great fit and nice quality. Do you have footage of the crash?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:09 am 

Awesome videos that looks like a fun spot to ride. That's to bad about the crash. You can always fix the pilot, at least your not injured.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:01 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
Ride report, it is awesome, I need to get some stronger springs up front but I am so happy with it.

I am uploading a few videos, here is a link to the first. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FYylUT ... e=youtu.be

Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urfUiMD ... e=youtu.be

Part 2 at about 6:35 Engine idle was ? RPM

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

Thank you Sir, I have always worried about coming around a corner and someone coming at me the other direction but you sure look at a whole different way when it actually happens. The great thing about the Puerco is you do not see people that often when down in there, it is a very large awesome place to ride.

Here is another video, just after 10 minutes in I run behind a 2017 Yamaha 1000. Great guys to ride with, they love to push it like I do. Watch the video close there is a spot where they almost endow it trying to out run me. I will say this, I am very happy with my Pilot they could not keep up with me through the rough stuff and we rode together a good part of the day, they were behind me when the crash happened and thank goodness, I had to get my truck and drive it way down in the Puerco to get my Pilot. It was a day of adventure for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_q3Ox_ ... e=youtu.be

So after a long fun run and you know your going to be pulling up to a stop pretty soon pull the choke then let off the throttle for about as long as it takes you to count to 5 (4-6 seconds) Close the choke blip the throttle a few times then proceed as normal to park.

So you would start this at about 19:49

Give the Engine a little extra drink of gas (too cool) and oil (to lube the bottom end up)

Wish I was their !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 am 

Very nice job.
I enjoyed watching the video.
I only seen it bottom a few times in front. Sure you need stiffer springs.
Nice to see you enjoying the fruits of you very hard labor.
Enjoy and keep posting. I was enjoying the Engine sound humming along and the wife said take it in the other room or turn it up. She said I was out of tune.
I even enjoyed the cvt shifting up and down and the engines torque range.

Great great job.
Richard
P.s. after those rides I would grab a cold one and yell HELL YA.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:02 am 

Congrats on getting it finished,looks and sounds great.
Didnt get the crash on video? :shock: :-) Glad youre alright :-)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:24 am 

Duneit wrote:
That looks like some fun desert riding. Thanks for sharing the videos. Looks like you're wearing one of JKnarfal's T-shirts. I got a couple from him. Great fit and nice quality. Do you have footage of the crash?

Thank you Sir, yes JKnarfal's T-shirts are Excellent! I have 2. I did have the camera going when the crash happened but you can not see it, the camera was mounted on the right and we hit on the left, I had it almost shut down before we hit. All you can here is a little clack and you can see my steering pop to the left when I had it turned right, I did not realize the steering broke until I got in to leave, I went right and the machine went left.

CurtisR401 wrote:
Awesome videos that looks like a fun spot to ride. That's to bad about the crash. You can always fix the pilot, at least your not injured.

Thank you Sir, you are right about that I hope to have it back together this week.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 am 

hoser wrote:
So after a long fun run and you know your going to be pulling up to a stop pretty soon pull the choke then let off the throttle for about as long as it takes you to count to 5 (4-6 seconds) Close the choke blip the throttle a few times then proceed as normal to park.

Give the Engine a little extra drink of gas (too cool) and oil (to lube the bottom end up)

Wish I was their !

Hello Kelly, if I had a choke cable I would do that for sure but I have the manual choke on this carb., I always blip the throttle as it cools down, I also never shut the Engine off until it has cooled.
Come on down, bring something fast.

adnoh wrote:
Very nice job.
Enjoy and keep posting. I was enjoying the Engine sound humming along and the wife said take it in the other room or turn it up. She said I was out of tune.

Great great job.
Richard

Thank you Richard, for sure a long hard road.
I have 120 lbs. springs up front now and the front suspension is awesome but there are a few spots where I have come up on a hill at high speed and it has bottomed pretty hard, enough that my back sure felt it. I want to order some 135 lbs. springs and see how they do.

Randy Bridgewater built my clutch special for me, he even sent it to me as a big surprise. He is the Best! It is a 102c and I can not tell you the difference it makes, I also have a built 108 pro and a power block on my wife's pilot they both work very well but they do not compare to the clutch Randy built.

redskinman wrote:

Thank you Sir, now I just have to get it back together.
They are going to have a race here on November 11th. I hope, it will be the first race here since 2012 the last race I did, I hope it is a rough course so that I can be competitive against the new stuff.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:58 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
hoser wrote:

Wish I was their !

Hello Kelly, if I had a choke cable I would do that for sure but I have the manual choke on this carb., I always blip the throttle as it cools down, I also never shut the Engine off until it has cooled.
Come on down, bring something fast.

adnoh wrote:
Very nice job.

Great great job.
Richard

Thank you Richard, for sure a long hard road.
I have 120 lbs. springs up front now and the front suspension is awesome but there are a few spots where I have come up on a hill at high speed and it has bottomed pretty hard, enough that my back sure felt it. I want to order some 135 lbs. springs and see how they do.

Quote:
Randy Bridgewater built my clutch special for me, he even sent it to me as a big surprise. He is the Best! It is a 102c and I can not tell you the difference it makes, I also have a built 108 pro and a power block on my wife's pilot they both work very well but they do not compare to the clutch Randy built.

redskinman wrote:

Thank you Sir, now I just have to get it back together.
They are going to have a race here on November 11th. I hope, it will be the first race here since 2012 the last race I did, I hope it is a rough course so that I can be competitive against the new stuff.

When was this? lots of folks wondering where he is and how is health is doing and what happened to all his parts?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:30 pm 

redskinman wrote:
When was this? lots of folks wondering where he is and how is health is doing and what happened to all his parts?

Randy built my clutch back in 2011 maybe the first part of 2012, I did talk to him a couple of months ago and he is still having a very tough time but hanging in there. He has been through a lot.
I am not sure what parts he still has, I can not afford them so I do not ask it would just get me in to trouble wanting them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:29 pm 

Awesome Steve!! You are really making me miss riding out there. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:03 pm 

Nick, if you ever need a good pilot, I'm only 4 hours away:)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:20 pm 

Pilot bird wrote:

Thank you sir. :-)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:13 am 

rarerat wrote:

Hey Buddy, lets go I have a pilot for you to ride.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:15 am 

Pilot bird wrote:

Hello Chris, come down at lets go for a ride we can hopefully get Nick to come along. You are only 4 hours away. LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:20 am 

Here are some pictures of the damage done.

Attachments:
SNC10009.JPG
SNC10009.JPG [ 69 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]
SNC10011.JPG
SNC10011.JPG [ 73.77 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]
SNC10015.JPG
SNC10015.JPG [ 63.8 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]
SNC10020.JPG
SNC10020.JPG [ 79.29 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]
SNC10023.JPG
SNC10023.JPG [ 72.62 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]
8-20-17 (11).JPG
8-20-17 (11).JPG [ 60.84 KiB | Viewed 1038 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:26 am 

Back together, the lower shaft welds should not break now.

Attachments:
8-20-17 (4).JPG
8-20-17 (4).JPG [ 55.5 KiB | Viewed 1035 times ]
8-20-17 (8).JPG
8-20-17 (8).JPG [ 60.36 KiB | Viewed 1035 times ]
8-20-17 (12).JPG
8-20-17 (12).JPG [ 87.68 KiB | Viewed 1035 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:53 am 

She has been running hotter then I am comfortable with, I did not want to relocate my radiator so this is what I did (see pictures).
I have not tested it out in the heat of the day running hard but this fan puts out way more air flow then the stock fan did, I would say at least 3 times the air flow if not more.

I also put some taller tires on the rear, if they do not hit the rear fenders to bad I think they will work great and give me a little more top speed.

Attachments:
SNC10002.JPG
SNC10002.JPG [ 44.21 KiB | Viewed 1032 times ]
SNC10004.JPG
SNC10004.JPG [ 77.52 KiB | Viewed 1032 times ]
SNC10008.JPG
SNC10008.JPG [ 79.19 KiB | Viewed 1032 times ]
SNC10009.JPG
SNC10009.JPG [ 84.28 KiB | Viewed 1032 times ]
SNC10011.JPG
SNC10011.JPG [ 68.52 KiB | Viewed 1032 times ]
SNC10015.JPG
SNC10015.JPG [ 80.93 KiB | Viewed 1032 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:39 pm 

Steve, So glad to see you got it back up and going!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:47 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
rarerat wrote:

Hey Buddy, lets go I have a pilot for you to ride.

Thank you sir, I would love too. :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next