Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: My New LT Pilot
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:08 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
Nick, if you ever need a good pilot, I'm only 4 hours away:)

Hello Chris, come down at lets go for a ride we can hopefully get Nick to come along. You are only 4 hours away. LOL

We are thinking about possibly going up there for the balloon festival, I will let you know.

If I remember correctly, I think it's your turn to come down here. However, not sure if Nick will ever want to come back here:(
Either way, we will get together again soon and tear up the terrain:()

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:21 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
She has been running hotter then I am comfortable with, I did not want to relocate my radiator so this is what I did (see pictures).
I have not tested it out in the heat of the day running hard but this fan puts out way more air flow then the stock fan did, I would say at least 3 times the air flow if not more.

I also put some taller tires on the rear, if they do not hit the rear fenders to bad I think they will work great and give me a little more top speed.

Steve, I am out riding this morning and my temps for a 400 Engine that is ported and shaved head, is between 150-165, the compression is at 150. I do run 110 race gas, all the current gas station crap is garbage. On my 500 Engine that is ported, has a cool head, and has about 145 compression, runs temps between 140-150.

Is your Engine a fresh rebuild or do you have hours on the Engine?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:52 pm 

Hey steve, man its been a long road for you on this build, Im glad to see you made it to the end. I watched the videos and it reminds me of how much "Yee Haw factor" you can have in a Pilot, Looks like you were throttle to the metal most of the time, reminds me of someone I know on this forum?? I sure miss coming home to a box full of parts in Red bags! I didnt realize how much travel you were able to get out of the front, I think the Snake River Canyon is calling you name. Wish I live closer would be cool to see her in person. Take care and enjoy!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 pm 

methodical wrote:
Steve, So glad to see you got it back up and going!

Thank you Sir, I hope you are doing well.
Pilot bird wrote:
We are thinking about possibly going up there for the balloon festival, I will let you know.

If I remember correctly, I think it's your turn to come down here. However, not sure if Nick will ever want to come back here:(

Hello Chris, that would be great. If you need to you can store your pilot at my shop, I will make room. You are correct Sir it is my turn.

My Engine has about 10 hrs on it now, yes it was a complete rebuild. The fan I put on helps greatly but I am still running 190* to 200* when I run it hard and it is hot out, with the oem fan the temp. would continue to clime but with this fan it stays stable at those temps. and it cools down much faster when I stop.
stix wrote:
Hey steve, man its been a long road for you on this build, Im glad to see you made it to the end. I watched the videos and it reminds me of how much "Yee Haw factor" you can have in a Pilot, Looks like you were throttle to the metal most of the time, reminds me of someone I know on this forum?? I sure miss coming home to a box full of parts in Red bags! I didnt realize how much travel you were able to get out of the front, I think the Snake River Canyon is calling you name. Wish I live closer would be cool to see her in person. Take care and enjoy!

Hello Marc, good to here from you, I hope you are doing good. Come down this way some time, I think you will like it. Maybe some day I can make one of your Little Sahara trips, that would be cool.

OK, you got me, who the heck are you talking about, parts in red bags. Who?

Take care Sir.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 pm 

Front suspension video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFX0cCt ... e=youtu.be

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:38 am 

Rear suspension video part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXmL9uT ... e=youtu.be

Rear suspension video part 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EINNW1 ... e=youtu.be

Riding in the Rio Puerco 9/17/17.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5Uevu ... e=youtu.be

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:09 am 

scpilot66 wrote:

Steve, cool video!
Is it me or does it look like the shock is bending towards the top of the shock? I also noticed that the top shock mount is not boxed in or at least it looks like it isn't. It looks like this was done due to the connection of the resivore?

The shocks look like they are working very well, great job. May I ask what model number are the front and rear shocks, also what was the price for them? If I remember correctly, I thought you changed the springs too, info on them as well will be much appreciated. I am going to be doing another LT and am thinking of using the Fox shocks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:23 am 

scpilot66 wrote:
methodical wrote:
Steve, So glad to see you got it back up and going!

Thank you Sir, I hope you are doing well.
Pilot bird wrote:

Hello Chris, that would be great. If you need to you can store your pilot at my shop, I will make room. You are correct Sir it is my turn.

My Engine has about 10 hrs on it now, yes it was a complete rebuild. The fan I put on helps greatly but I am still running 190* to 200* when I run it hard and it is hot out, with the oem fan the temp. would continue to clime but with this fan it stays stable at those temps. and it cools down much faster when I stop.
stix wrote:

Hello Marc, good to here from you, I hope you are doing good. Come down this way some time, I think you will like it. Maybe some day I can make one of your Little Sahara trips, that would be cool.

OK, you got me, who the heck are you talking about, parts in red bags. Who?

Take care Sir.

Sorry, :shock: the parts in red bags would be the Honda parts bags, I liked coming home to a box of new Honda parts, that meant I was one step closer to riding again :-) . And I noticed Adnoh likes to keep the throttle pinned 99% of the time, nothing wrong with that just makes me relize how slow my Odyssey was, or how he could squeeeze every last bit of HP from that 400 Engine,lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:52 am 

Pilot bird wrote:
Steve, cool video!
Is it me or does it look like the shock is bending towards the top of the shock? I also noticed that the top shock mount is not boxed in or at least it looks like it isn't. It looks like this was done due to the connection of the resivore?

The shocks look like they are working very well, great job. May I ask what model number are the front and rear shocks, also what was the price for them? If I remember correctly, I thought you changed the springs too, info on them as well will be much appreciated. I am going to be doing another LT and am thinking of using the Fox shocks.

Hello Chris, I think it must be an optical illusion, the shock is definitely not bent. No the top shock mount is not boxed in, I do not think it is needed my upper mounts lay on the sides of the mounting tubes so they have a lot more welded area then if they were mounted further out on the tube. They have been holding up fine so far and trust me I have put them to the test.

I will pm you my shock info.

Are you coming down for the balloons and will you be bringing your pilot?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:59 am 

stix wrote:
Sorry, :shock: the parts in red bags would be the Honda parts bags, I liked coming home to a box of new Honda parts, that meant I was one step closer to riding again :-) . And I noticed Adnoh likes to keep the throttle pinned 99% of the time, nothing wrong with that just makes me relize how slow my Odyssey was, or how he could squeeeze every last bit of HP from that 400 Engine,lol

Very cool, I would love to come ride with you guys at least once, Hopefully some day.

Take care my Friend.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:50 pm 

Great videos Steve. looks like you got her dialed in & hauling @ss!! :-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:24 pm 

Yepi saw your videos of the new pilot in action and I think we would have a blast there. I just wish I had more time. That always gets me. Maybe one day

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:11 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:
Steve, cool video!

Hello Chris, I think it must be an optical illusion, the shock is definitely not bent. No the top shock mount is not boxed in, I do not think it is needed my upper mounts lay on the sides of the mounting tubes so they have a lot more welded area then if they were mounted further out on the tube. They have been holding up fine so far and trust me I have put them to the test.

I will pm you my shock info.

Are you coming down for the balloons and will you be bringing your pilot?

Sorry Steve, we will not be going to balloon fest this year.

Please come visit me if you would like, the dunes are calling your name;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:28 am 

rarerat wrote:
Great videos Steve. looks like you got her dialed in & hauling @ss!! :-)

Thank you Sir. Yes she is ready to run, we need to go out for a ride.
stix wrote:
Yepi saw your videos of the new pilot in action and I think we would have a blast there. I just wish I had more time. That always gets me. Maybe one day

Take care Marc, if you ever come down this way be sure to give me a holler.
Pilot bird wrote:
Sorry Steve, we will not be going to balloon fest this year.
Please come visit me if you would like, the dunes are calling your name;)

Hello Chris, I would love to go down there and ride with you, maybe next year.

There is going to be a race here on November 11th. if they can make it happen, you should come down and race.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:44 pm 

FOR SALE! $15,000.00

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:11 pm 

Whaaaa? :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:16 pm 

Just a machine, family is more important.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:23 pm 

I hope all is well. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I wish you the best.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:04 pm 

I am so sorry to see this, hope all is well & let me know if there is anything I can do.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:07 pm 

rarerat wrote:
I am so sorry to see this, hope all is well & let me know if there is anything I can do.
rmesser wrote:
I hope all is well. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I wish you the best.

Thank you guys, much appreciated.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:44 pm 

To tired to tell the whole story now but I was kicking the crap out of the pro utvs, yamaha yfz 1000's, can ams, you name it I was over a minute ahead of everyone and gaining until some jerk in a yfz 1000 that I had lapped blocked my way and would not let me get by for 1.5 laps, cost me lots of time, I was so close to the back of his machine 3 different times I could have reached out and touched him, this was in dust so thick I had to keep stopping because I could not see the track and I also almost biffed it more then once trying to get around him, hard enough to get on his butt in the dust but then when he would not let me by, well it was not cool or good sportsmanship and the rules stated a catch is a pass, get out of the way. I had 1.25 laps left and blew my Engine. Not happy, I had them turkeys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:56 am 

Can't wait to hear more, any video or stills of you spanking the new rigs? Sorry to read of your Engine failure but very happy to see you out there enjoying your heavily time and money invested Pilot, you have certainly earned it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:56 pm 

go oddy wrote:
Can't wait to hear more, any video or stills of you spanking the new rigs? Sorry to read of your Engine failure but very happy to see you out there enjoying your heavily time and money invested Pilot, you have certainly earned it.

Sorry for not getting back, lots going on and the last race did me in pretty good.

I am just now getting the pilot torn down, lots of things to do and a lot of things that are going to be changed or rather improved.

Here are some pics. of the carnage.

Attachments:
SNC10006.JPG
SNC10006.JPG [ 87.41 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
SNC10007.JPG
SNC10007.JPG [ 84.84 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
SNC10013.JPG
SNC10013.JPG [ 69.43 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
SNC10017.JPG
SNC10017.JPG [ 58.82 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
SNC10020.JPG
SNC10020.JPG [ 59.19 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
SNC10027.JPG
SNC10027.JPG [ 50.6 KiB | Viewed 739 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:03 pm 

More

Attachments:
SNC10028.JPG
SNC10028.JPG [ 59.62 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]
SNC10029.JPG
SNC10029.JPG [ 61.02 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]
SNC10030.JPG
SNC10030.JPG [ 64.99 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]
SNC10031.JPG
SNC10031.JPG [ 45.04 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]
SNC10032.JPG
SNC10032.JPG [ 44.71 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]
SNC10033.JPG
SNC10033.JPG [ 42.98 KiB | Viewed 738 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:18 pm 

Engine, my new crank is toast.

Attachments:
SNC10041.JPG
SNC10041.JPG [ 61.73 KiB | Viewed 737 times ]
SNC10042.JPG
SNC10042.JPG [ 69.21 KiB | Viewed 737 times ]
SNC10046.JPG
SNC10046.JPG [ 62.81 KiB | Viewed 737 times ]
SNC10048.JPG
SNC10048.JPG [ 65.17 KiB | Viewed 737 times ]
SNC10051.JPG
SNC10051.JPG [ 74.04 KiB | Viewed 737 times ]
SNC10056.JPG
SNC10056.JPG [ 59.91 KiB | Viewed 737 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next