Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:39 pm 

CONGRATULATIONS and a very clean, well executed restoration job, I am in heaven looking at it, I want to buy it now!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: FL350R Restore
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm 

Mudbogger wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS and a very clean, well executed restoration job, I am in heaven looking at it, I want to buy it now!!

Thank you buddy, I could not have done it with out your help.

Take care and I will talk to you soon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: ody
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:14 pm 

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a big fan now!

I am going to do another ground up restore this winter with an ody that was never recalled. It has a bunch of cool stuff on it like different air guides, air snorkle, bumper, CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition), Hondaline front lights, factory tach and factory speedometer. The transmission was never updated and the frame doesn't have the X stamp in it. It will remain in my collection when I am done.

For those that don't know when honda did the recall or trans update they stamped an X by the serial number to indicate the work was done.

How many hours do you have in it? I know when I do a ground up it takes around 150 hours but I am really picky.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ody
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:27 pm 

cwwiedmaier wrote:
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many hours do you have in it? I know when I do a ground up it takes around 150 hours but I am really picky.

Hello and thank you for your kind remarks.

I took the odyssey apart in November or so of 2008, I started assembly in June 2009. I have spent pretty much every day off, holidays and birthdays working on this Odyssey for my son. I think I have well over 1,000 hrs. in it easy. That does not include all the time it took to track down parts.

Some pics. of your Odyssey would be great.

Take care.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:35 pm 

Allow me to state what I am sure no one has said..but probably has thought or is thinking..
"DON'T RIDE IT..PARK IT SOMEWHERE AND JUST ADMIRE IT"
buy another one, and let your son ride the piss out of it!!!!
I am sure MOST will say that these machines are made,and in some cases rebuilt to be ridden..and ridden hard.
SO THERE I SAID IT!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:57 pm 

GAPILOT wrote:
Allow me to state what I am sure no one has said..but probably has thought or is thinking..
"DON'T RIDE IT..PARK IT SOMEWHERE AND JUST ADMIRE IT"
buy another one, and let your son ride the piss out of it!!!!
I am sure MOST will say that these machines are made,and in some cases rebuilt to be ridden..and ridden hard.
SO THERE I SAID IT!!!!

Yes Yes I know, I look at it and tell my self the same thing. There are pilot and odyssey parts on it that can not be bought anymore unless you get real real lucky.

But then I remember why I did this project to begin with, for my Son not myself!!! I have thought that if my wife would just win the dam lottery I would get him a Pilot and let him look at the odyssey.

This is my way of telling him I love him, he does not realize it right now but some day he will look at that Odyssey and know that his Dad built it just for him.

OK I said it to. haha

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:23 am 

GOTTA RESPECT AND ADMIRE THAT!!!!
***AND THE 2010 BEST DAD AWARD GOES TO***
SCPILOT66

Post subject: FL350R
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:17 am 

Good morning GA and thank you. You are to kind.

Take care.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 am 

my 15 year old would either look at it once and say oh ok thanks... or thrash on it so hard it would look like it was 20 years old again in 1 week...
Regardless in years to come he will appreciaite it!!! Has he even seen it yet??? Or has it been hidden from him at work?
And I agree, you have done a great job!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:56 am 

Turbotexas wrote:
my 15 year old would either look at it once and say oh ok thanks... or thrash on it so hard it would look like it was 20 years old again in 1 week...
Regardless in years to come he will appreciaite it!!! Has he even seen it yet??? Or has it been hidden from him at work?

Hello Turbo, well I wish I could say he loves it but he is more like your son I think. A darn brat. It is to bad us guys go through a stage at that age where we are just plain blind and dumb. When he started to get a little distant is when I bought all these things and started all this.

When I started the odyssey I had hoped it would be a father son thing but in truth, he has spent about 3 hrs. the entire time with me on it.

Yes he knows and has seen it done but he did not want to be here for the first start up and he did not want to go out for the break in on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). But when I first took it home and touched the starter button and she fired right off there was a sparkle in his eyes, he will come around.

I just need to finish all the rides and get him off this planet and in to some real fun, not the damned internet or video games.

Anyway, thank you for your response and if you come down this way let me know and I will take you down in the Rio Puerco you will love it as a matter of fact if anyone comes down this way and wants to go riding give me a holler.

Take care.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:36 am 

I have eye-balled a few spots near you as I travel thru 25 and 40!!! I have never had the time to stop though!!! I will take you up on your offer, and just wait till he gives up the games for the girls... LOL
Mine now wants to be a BULLRIDER??? lol I spent $1000's of dollars on the motocross stuf and now he wants to do this??? LOL I still enjoy using the stuff I have for the MX like my toys and the RV, but it just shows that that age is still the same... as when we were kids... Didn't want nothing to do with the old parents??? Hell I call mine every day now just to keep them from worrying about me lol

scpilot66 wrote:
Turbotexas wrote:

Hello Turbo, well I wish I could say he loves it but he is more like your son I think. A darn brat. It is to bad us guys go through a stage at that age where we are just plain blind and dumb. When he started to get a little distant is when I bought all these things and started all this.

When I started the odyssey I had hoped it would be a father son thing but in truth, he has spent about 3 hrs. the entire time with me on it.

Yes he knows and has seen it done but he did not want to be here for the first start up and he did not want to go out for the break in on the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). But when I first took it home and touched the starter button and she fired right off there was a sparkle in his eyes, he will come around.

I just need to finish all the rides and get him off this planet and in to some real fun, not the damned internet or video games.

Anyway, thank you for your response and if you come down this way let me know and I will take you down in the Rio Puerco you will love it as a matter of fact if anyone comes down this way and wants to go riding give me a holler.

Take care.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:53 pm 

Hello Turbo, let me know when you are coming this way. A Saturday or Sunday would be great, getting off during the week is pretty tough for me right now but if it is a week day I will do my best to get off.

Take care.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:03 pm 

scpilot66,

Wow what an amazing job you did on that Odyssey, I am sure your son will be very proud of it. I don't mean to barge in, but I would love to go ride some weekend if you want to meet up, I am local to the area.

Again congrats on a truly amazing resto.
Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:51 pm 

rarerat wrote:
scpilot66,

Wow what an amazing job you did on that Odyssey, I am sure your son will be very proud of it. I don't mean to barge in, but I would love to go ride some weekend if you want to meet up, I am local to the area.

Nick

Hello Nick, that sounds good. Maybe this next weekend. PM me your # and I will give you a call.

Thank you for your kind remarks.

Take care, Steve.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:29 pm 

scpilot66 wrote:
rarerat wrote:
scpilot66,

Nick

Hello Nick, that sounds good. Maybe this next weekend. PM me your # and I will give you a call.

Thank you for your kind remarks.

Take care, Steve.

Thanks Steve, PM sent.
::-:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:48 am 

Magnificent!

I love it!

If only I had that kind of time, patience & money to do mine.

That's a really nice job.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:25 am 

Hello Mozzy and thank you for your kind remarks. I am glad it's done, well almost done.

Take care.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 am 

Unfortunately your father/son love/hate/don't appreciate relationship is only too well known to us Fathers here.
The more you do for them sometimes,the less reward/reciprocation back.What starts off as Fathers show of love and enhancing that,turns into "What...ev...ver ...Dad!" :shock:
Trouble is,they always seem to come back around and appreciate/acknowledge it when it's all just a bit too late,and the Moment has passed...Harry Chapin explains/captures it best. "My child just arrived the other day"
http://www.mixx.com/videos/9033766/yout ... usic_video

That song is STILL one of my favourites...and STILL puts a lump in my throat!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:35 pm 

bugeye59 wrote:
Unfortunately your father/son love/hate/don't appreciate relationship is only too well known to us Fathers here.
The more you do for them sometimes,the less reward/reciprocation back.What starts off as Fathers show of love and enhancing that,turns into "What...ev...ver ...Dad!" :shock:
Trouble is,they always seem to come back around and appreciate/acknowledge it when it's all just a bit too late,and the Moment has passed...Harry Chapin explains/captures it best. "My child just arrived the other day"
http://www.mixx.com/videos/9033766/yout ... usic_video

That song is STILL one of my favorites...and STILL puts a lump in my throat!

Well said bugeye. That song is tough for me to listen to as well, shreds me good.

What it boils down to is we love our kids no matter what and I love my son no matter what!!!!!!!

Sorry, I do not mean to get all mushy.

Thank you Bugeye and you take care.......Steve

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:32 pm 

Any chance of some nice daylight outdoor pics, please?

They always look better in natural light.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 pm 

:shock: turned out great Steve.would also love to see some outside pics.incredible work hope your son enjoys it.take care jim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:35 am 

Was the pilot wheel a direct fit to the 350 steering shaft?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:15 pm 

mozzy wrote:
Was the pilot wheel a direct fit to the 350 steering shaft?

Hello Mozzy and Jim, yes it was a direct fit.
I will pull her out and get some daylight pictures, I have also gotten a hold of some oem decals I will take some pictures and post them maybe tomorrow.
She is a little dusty, but that is all she does now is collect dust.

Take care guys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:26 am 

Collect dust? :shock:
Pitty we can't do that quality resto on our sons!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:32 pm 

Hello everyone, here are some pics of some OEM decals I have collected to put on the Odyssey.

The OEM have better color, I took pics of the reproductions as well just to show the difference.

Take care.

Attachments:
SNC10001a.JPG
SNC10001a.JPG [ 50.81 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]
SNC10002a.JPG
SNC10002a.JPG [ 45.53 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]
SNC10004a.JPG
SNC10004a.JPG [ 47.64 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]
SNC10005a.JPG
SNC10005a.JPG [ 46.32 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]
SNC10007a.JPG
SNC10007a.JPG [ 47.48 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]
SNC10008a.JPG
SNC10008a.JPG [ 50.38 KiB | Viewed 496 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next