Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:06 pm 

I have a FL400R Pilot steel-braided brake line set on evilBay now. Parts cost $5 more than the FL350 set, so it will be priced accordingly. Been stalling for a few months because one of the main fittings went on backorder for almost 2months. THIS HAS BEEN PULLED OFF OF EBAY FOR MORE R&D TO OFFER SOMETHING MUCH-MUCH BETTER THAN THE CURRENT KITS AVAILABLE.

Also have the rear hard brake line for the FL350R available in a SS flex line. It replaces the entire hard line and fits in the same spot. It fits the front/rear kit I've made available previously. Selling it separate from the front/rear kit for now. Just sold a couple of these to a fellow rider this week.

Pics to come.

Finally getting some free time now that the lawn and garden have subsided, and my 3mo old son is sleeping 6hrs through the night (sleep is an amazing thing we all take for granted!). :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:47 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
I have a FL400R Pilot steel-braided brake line set on evilBay now. Parts cost $5 more than the FL350 set, so it will be priced accordingly. Been stalling for a few months because one of the main fittings went on backorder for almost 2months.

Also have the rear hard brake line for the FL350R available in a SS flex line. It replaces the entire hard line and fits in the same spot. It fits the front/rear kit I've made available previously. Selling it separate from the front/rear kit for now. Just sold a couple of these to a fellow rider this week.

Pics to come.

Finally getting some free time now that the lawn and garden have subsided, and my 3mo old son is sleeping 6hrs through the night (sleep is an amazing thing we all take for granted!). :-)

Can the fronts be extended? I'm needing lines for my Lt pilot

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:41 pm 

I use all stock brake lines on my long travel pilots, so should you Matt

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:27 am 

Dave-Co wrote:
I use all stock brake lines on my long travel pilots, so should you Matt

hmm.. i thought i checked and they wouldn't quite reach. maybe i need to give it another look.... i just assumed they had to be longer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 am 

I can get the front lines in +2", +4", +6" if needed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:14 pm 

I was not trying to blow a sale for you, just informing Nitrosport who has 1 of my kits what I use, the stock brake lines stretch and work fine on LT front ends.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:03 pm 

Mine at full droop are long enough, these are the stock lines I refer too,personal preferences might apply here, I can see where 1 might say the stock lines on the Dave Co kit might in their opinion need to be a touch longer, for me they work fine, sorry not trying to hi jack the thread.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:46 am 

I think if I were running the stock brakes and spindles I would be OK with stock, but I just checked and they are too short for what I am running. Way too short. I can see how stock they would work great.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:09 am 

Parts for the inaugural Pilot kit should be here tomorrow, including a big roll of clear shrink tubing for the lines. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:32 pm 

Looks like the most feasible price/cost options are as follows...

[1] Replace all lines with SS flex line. Would be a 5 line kit (5 total).

[2] Replace everything except the short right-angle hard lines at the steering wheel -and- the long hard line. Would be a 5 line kit (8 total).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:47 am 

The clear shrink tube over the lines is a success! Its time consuming, but the result is good. Lines are still pretty flexible with the tube on.

Coated lines will keep all the crude out of the stainless steel mesh, and keeps the mesh from scuffing paint.

Given the extra cost and the labor (and benefit), I may just make the coated lines an add-on option.

And now that I understand the costs and labor involved with making a set, I may even send an RFQ to a few companies to have a dozen or so made up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:05 pm 

A shot of whiskey in the little buggers bottle will knock him down. Worked on us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:40 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:

A shot of whiskey in the little buggers bottle will knock him down. Worked on us.

Haaaa, same here. My son has been sleeping 6-8 hours with an occasional snack-time or diaper-change at 3-4am. And the wife & I always sit there in bed for a minute or so guilt-tripping each other into thinking "its their turn". lol

Never got a chance to finish my barn's back room with insulation this year, plus my wife has a long list of stuff to finish in the house before we host Thanksgiving. Buggy stuff is buried under other priorities (as usual).

Profile E-mail