Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:54 pm 

Nice job dude!

I feel bad for that table saw though! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:19 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Nice job dude!

I feel bad for that table saw though! :-)

No, that table saw is enjoying its vacation. I've had to delay some wood projects due to this Engine & trans being apart and everywhere. Even with my shop-vac and high-efficiency filter in it, the dust finds its way to anything & everything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:12 am 

IT'S ALIVE!

Fired up and idles/revs just fine. Forgot how quiet these 4-pokes are, dang!

Started re-assembling suspension and both rear hubs have have of the old axle bearing stuck. Will have to turn them off with the lathe. I had a pair of hubs for a sportsman or something different than 2010 RZR 800, but the brake rotor bosses and bolts are a couple sizes bigger on this RZR.

Just relieved it runs and sounds great, no smoke, no sputter, etc. Still need to put some load on the Engine. Eventually. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:34 pm 

Took this rig on its me-maiden voyage today! Hauls balls!!! Front shocks are cozy over all the bumps, too.

So happy to have the pile of parts gone and having this thing in good shape. Not a trailer queen by any means, but good enough for me! Just around $4600 total investment and plenty of my own labor.

Got all the bugs and concerns worked out. Also ditched the battery-sucking halogens and replaced with a 22" curved LED light. Still need ro reinstall the windshield, would like to paint the bumpers, and need to check connections on the winch. And might put a rear cage section over the ned similar to the "S". More to come in the coming weeks.

Loving it! :-)

Attachments:
2016-08-14 22.20.18.jpg
2016-08-14 22.20.18.jpg [ 45.27 KiB | Viewed 1169 times ]
2016-08-14 22.21.33.jpg
2016-08-14 22.21.33.jpg [ 64.13 KiB | Viewed 1169 times ]
2016-08-14 22.20.55.jpg
2016-08-14 22.20.55.jpg [ 43.27 KiB | Viewed 1169 times ]
2016-08-14 22.22.30.jpg
2016-08-14 22.22.30.jpg [ 39.51 KiB | Viewed 1169 times ]
2016-08-14 22.23.08.jpg
2016-08-14 22.23.08.jpg [ 22.72 KiB | Viewed 1169 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:12 am 

Very nice. Looks like that was a lot of work too. Good thing you didn't pay a boat load for it and then when you got it home realized it needed all that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:47 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
Very nice. Looks like that was a lot of work too. Good thing you didn't pay a boat load for it and then when you got it home realized it needed all that.

Thank you!

That's the jist of used power-equipment -- even when everything appears fine, it often isn't. It's a friggin' gamble! And with the newer technology on these RZRs, there's just more to break and more to maintain...and more $$ to fix.

The ride is pretty cozy. I've got about an 8" abrupt curb/edge on my driveway and it mowed right over it at 30mph without a blip of impact. Cornering is so-so as this thing is a pig setup on 26" tires. It has 2" spacers for a wider stance, so I can't imagine what the stock setup would feel like (yuck). And people add 3"-4"-5" lift kits to these things? Yikes.

The 4-speaker stereo/cd and led map lights are a plus, lol. Too posh for my blood, but nice-to-have. My wife is p!ssed that my RZR has an aux cable input while her '07 Honda Pilot EX-L daily driver does not, haa. And what else is funny is that the RZR probably bluebook's a higher value than her SUV! :shock:

I still want to add a pair of tubes from the rear bumper to the cage, and then someday take a shot at a modified suspension or else sell/trade for an "S" model. For now I'd just like to enjoy it.

Need to adapt my 46" snowblower and see if this pig can pull my lawn roller. The winch could raise/lower the blower or a plow. If so...time to sell my Craftsman tractor!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:02 pm 

This weekend...
- Wicked Bilt Unisteer EPS installation (snagged a lightly used kit for 1/2-price)
- Front wheel bearings
- Front brake pads
- Front diff fluid change

Stay tuned.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:12 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
This weekend...
- Wicked Bilt Unisteer EPS installation (snagged a lightly used kit for 1/2-price)
- Front wheel bearings
- Front brake pads
- Front diff fluid change

Stay tuned.

What brake pads you using mine have 10,025 miles and are looking thin think I will change them after this trip. I was thinking of using the OEM but have not researched what to use.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 am 

hoser wrote:

What brake pads you using mine have 10,025 miles and are looking thin think I will change them after this trip. I was thinking of using the OEM but have not researched what to use.

It's one of the $23 Kevlar kits from Amazon. There are quite a few of them on there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:17 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
hoser wrote:

It's one of the $23 Kevlar kits from Amazon. There are quite a few of them on there.

Thanks.
After a closer look and more thought, the disc have 0 wear at 10k miles so I am going with the OEM pads and not risk the unknown after market stuff eating up my disc.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:23 pm 

hoser wrote:
Thanks.
After a closer look and more thought, the disc have 0 wear at 10k miles so I am going with the OEM pads and not risk the unknown after market stuff eating up my disc.

Good thinking. Didn't think about that!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:27 pm 

Well the USPS strikes again. Ordered a steering wheel shaft (for EPS) since my bargain kit didn't come with one. Remember, I'm in NW Ohio. The part shipped from Springfield, MASS...to San Jose, CA...to Allen Park, MI...to my address in Ohio. Took 1.5wks instead of 3 days. Must've been the "Not-So-Priority-Mail" service. :shock:

Will have the upgrades done in time to go riding on my dad's farm property this weekend. Bought a new 18' trailer, so hoping to take the FL350 and the RZR.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:21 pm 

Good news: Steering shaft finally arrived.

Bad news: Another delay. The spline on the EPS is different than the shaft. Ugh.

Solution: Bought a new u-joint and plan to swap the end of the non-EPS shaft on the EPS mid-shaft. The AS1540 u-joint was $16 on Amazon and will be here by the weekend.

Power steering cost is up to $456. Still $308 cheaper than new ($764).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:33 am 

Congrats on the awesome deal. Leave plenty of room in the budget for accessories. I think you'll learn to love it. To me the passenger seat makes up for all the shortcomings of a side by side.

You won't regret the effort for power steering. I've spent between $7 and $8k on repairs, upgrades, and accessories for my rhino and it's hands down the best mod yet. I installed the SuperATV kit this past spring. My only regret is it not being the first mod I did to my rhino. Call me a sissy all you want but it completely changed the machine.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:44 am 

Love the RZR still. It's got an upgraded parking spot in the attached garage, too. lol No more barn parking for her! :-)

Haven't gotten around to installing the P/S kit yet. The upper u-joint link I bought has a different spline on it, so in order to make it all work I'll have to cannibalize my stock shaft for one of its ends. I took a stab at replacing the steering u-joints and went 1-1. First one was easy. Second one I damaged. Got another joint just haven't gotten back to it.

On a recent firewood cutting trip to my dad's farm, I discovered one of the reasons the steering sucks so bad -- the damn front wheels are toed out like 3/4" on each side. When you're rolling with speed, it's not bad. But when you're slow-going, it really sucks. Need to do an alignment job, too.

We have my wife's family over Christmas Eve, so Halloween to Christmas Eve is usually full of "Honey-Do" items from my wife for the house. Buggy stuff gets prioritized waaaaaaay down the ladder.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:09 pm 

Uh-oh...looks like my RZR will get traded for a 2014 Kubota BX loader tractor this weekend. Means my $2.5k Exmark mower to $4k RZR deal is morphing into a $9k tractor! :-) I like this direction!!!!

I loooooove the RZR, but I actually "need" a tractor and have many uses for a loader, 3pt and PTO. And if I need to sell the tractor not only do the tractors hold their value like crazy but the compact tractor demand is prob 10-to-1 at least here in NW Ohio. Selling my Craftsman mower + blower and my Kubota rototiller.

Still got the FL350, the Rotax conversion in progress FL470, and the '88 LT500R Zilla.

(Seller's pics, aka that's not my 'Vette) plus you wouldn't catch me DEAD living in a subdivision

Attachments:
14774.jpeg
14774.jpeg [ 44.08 KiB | Viewed 1016 times ]
14775.jpeg
14775.jpeg [ 42.17 KiB | Viewed 1016 times ]
14771.jpeg
14771.jpeg [ 66.99 KiB | Viewed 1016 times ]
14773.jpeg
14773.jpeg [ 32.11 KiB | Viewed 1016 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:16 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
Uh-oh...looks like my RZR will get traded for a 2014 Kubota BX loader tractor this weekend. Means my $2.5k Exmark mower to $4k RZR deal is morphing into a $9k tractor! :-) I like this direction!!!!

I loooooove the RZR, but I actually "need" a tractor and have many uses for a loader, 3pt and PTO. And if I need to sell the tractor not only do the tractors hold their value like crazy but the compact tractor demand is prob 10-to-1 at least here in NW Ohio. Selling my Craftsman mower + blower and my Kubota rototiller.

Still got the FL350, the Rotax conversion in progress FL470, and the '88 LT500R Zilla.

Wow! I'm always the "other" guy in these deals :shock:
Nice score :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:09 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Wow! I'm always the "other" guy in these deals :shock:
Nice score :-)

EVERYTHING is for sale, all the time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:12 pm 

Nice! Congrats dude! Very handy tool!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 pm 

Oh man...YOU THE MAN! that's the deal I need to work. I have 20 acres and desperately need something similar. I've been looking but the prices are up there. Great score!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:35 am 

And like 9 out of 10 great deals....this deal has disappeared. Apparently the guy's kids got stopped by police for riding the friend's buggy in the subdivision, and threatened to impound it "next time". He even went in to the police office to get clarity & confirmation. :shock:

UGH...<sigh>...

Maybe another deal will come along. Until then, I'ma keep enjoying this RZR! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:05 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
And like 9 out of 10 great deals....this deal has disappeared. Apparently the guy's kids got stopped by police for riding the friend's buggy in the subdivision, and threatened to impound it "next time". He even went in to the police office to get clarity & confirmation. :shock:

UGH...<sigh>...

Maybe another deal will come along. Until then, I'ma keep enjoying this RZR! :-)

Damn what a pisser! Now that is my luck! :shock: :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:29 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:

UGH...<sigh>...

Very interesting, am I to assume this guy was going to secure an RZR without a place to drive/ride it?
I of course don't see an area people walk, run, wash their car on Saturdays a place to ride.
Again very interesting. Sorry you didn't get the tractor, I love my Kubota.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 am 

go oddy wrote:
DMoneyAllstar wrote:

UGH...<sigh>...

Very interesting, am I to assume this guy was going to secure an RZR without a place to drive/ride it?
I of course don't see an area people walk, run, wash their car on Saturdays a place to ride.
Again very interesting. Sorry you didn't get the tractor, I love my Kubota.

Same guy who has a loader tractor with 3pt/pto in a subdivision, lol. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:04 pm 

Since I tried and failed to trade the RZR for some equipment, it's serving me some Karma. After a hot lap around the 3mi block at 40mph, I smelled hot gear fluid. Didn't think anything of it. An hour later there was a small puddle under the front diff. And it feels like it's stuck in AWD. The front diff is the ONLY thing I didn't overhaul when I got this thing. New seals, gasket and alum sprague = $200 + probably an entire Saturday. =(

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next