Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 pm 

I'm using Ricks shroud and reducers also.

Rad I got from Ebay

Shroud fits perfect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 pm 

Thanks For the info

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:21 am 

Took it for a quick spin this afternoon. Ground was a bit wet and i found some traction. First time the front end came up(before video) i was not expecting it and i swear it was damn near straight up. When i was doing these wheelies i would let the clutch grab and begin rolling a bit so i wouldn't have the shock the clutch grabbing hard to possibly tear up gears. My thought is that this way it is a little bit easier on things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:43 am 
Well done Matty,and thanks for the vid,I'll have a drink for ya now mate! Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 am 

Guest??? WTF!...That's me! :shock:...We in lockdown again? Image

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:40 pm 

thanks baz! this pilot is a monster, I love it! i want to get to the sand at least one more time before the snow flies!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:20 pm 

Thanks for posting. Cant wait to try out my 583. Hopefully this weekend it will be complete.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:53 am 

Matty,I watched your vid again today(thoroughly enjoyed it),and ya know what?
IF ya close ya eyes and just listen...it sounds just like Ak's/mine FL800! :shock:
When it's ON the pipe...BLISS! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:29 pm 

bugeye59 wrote:
Matty,I watched your vid again today(thoroughly enjoyed it),and ya know what?
IF ya close ya eyes and just listen...it sounds just like Ak's/mine FL800! :shock:
When it's ON the pipe...BLISS! :-)

the Fl800 was sorta the inspiration in building this. wish I had the RPM gearbox ect but this will do for now until I break something. all I wanted was to be able to wheelie if I wanted.. and I got that!

jordanhiggins2002 wrote:
Thanks for posting. Cant wait to try out my 583. Hopefully this weekend it will be complete.

you should like the 583. I love the power of my 670 and wouldn't trade it for anything

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:52 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
thanks baz! this pilot is a monster, I love it! i want to get to the sand at least one more time before the snow flies!

Have you been to the sand with paddles. Hows the wheelie with tire hook up? Hope I can get the front end up sometimes with the 583.

Why do u wish you had a gearbox?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:03 pm 

jordanhiggins2002 wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

Have you been to the sand with paddles. Hows the wheelie with tire hook up? Hope I can get the front end up sometimes with the 583.

That is what makes riding a pilot so fun. They WONT wheelie on their own in flat ground in the sand (not sure with the 583 though) but if you know how to drive it right and you can hit the dune transitions just right you can pull nice wheelies like this one...

I was actually looking for a different pic, but this one is good too

Attachments:
Nick pilot wheelie.jpg
Nick pilot wheelie.jpg [ 22.37 KiB | Viewed 1939 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:23 pm 

nickRNR wrote:
jordanhiggins2002 wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

That is what makes riding a pilot so fun. They WONT wheelie on their own in flat ground in the sand (not sure with the 583 though) but if you know how to drive it right and you can hit the dune transitions just right you can pull nice wheelies like this one...

It is not like this 670 is on 2 wheels the entire time i am riding it. It just happened that the traction was just right, and i could get it to pull wheelies. I have tried many other times and it just spins. I was not looking to build this only to wheelie, but was hoping it could if i wanted it to. Try doing wheelies like i was doing with a stock pilot. I find it fairly simple to control the power and on normal surfaces during the summer i can pin the throttle from the start and it wont pull the front tires off of the ground. It does unload the front suspension a bit but any Engine would.

jordanhiggins2002 wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

Been to the sand and it hooks up great but no wheelies. Sand was dry so not as much traction as if it had rained. I wish i had the RPM gearbox because it is much stronger, has a 1" input shaft so i can use a sled driven clutch ect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:43 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
nickRNR wrote:
jordanhiggins2002 wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

It is not like this 670 is on 2 wheels the entire time i am riding it. It just happened that the traction was just right, and i could get it to pull wheelies. I have tried many other times and it just spins. I was not looking to build this only to wheelie, but was hoping it could if i wanted it to. Try doing wheelies like i was doing with a stock pilot. I find it fairly simple to control the power and on normal surfaces during the summer i can pin the throttle from the start and it wont pull the front tires off of the ground. It does unload the front suspension a bit but any Engine would.

jordanhiggins2002 wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

Been to the sand and it hooks up great but no wheelies. Sand was dry so not as much traction as if it had rained. I wish i had the RPM gearbox because it is much stronger, has a 1" input shaft so i can use a sled driven clutch ect.

Sounds great. Ill have rusty video a little clip of how it runs at the dunes

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm 

little update, picked up a bumper from Pro-Pilot-Popper. not sure who made it but it is very nice quality, powder coated and should work good. there is this dink that rides with us some times that likes to come up behind people and push em. so I don't want him screwing up my frame. that's part of the reason for the bumper.

Attachments:
tmp_IMG_20140216_143034970-599228333.jpg
tmp_IMG_20140216_143034970-599228333.jpg [ 70.2 KiB | Viewed 1889 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:06 pm 

You did a really good job on that beast. Did you ever get the jetting completely figured out?

Again, looks really good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm 

Lonerider wrote:
You did a really good job on that beast. Did you ever get the jetting completely figured out?

I got it 95% figured out. only issue left is that when you go to re start it, if will instantly fire once, crank for 2-3,seconds and then fire up. its an odd issue. plugs look really good and it has great power. I ran it like this for a few trips. once it warms up a bit more I'll play with the jetting some more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:45 am 

Nice job was going to go to sleep and started reading this thread I had read bits and pieces of it , it is a good read started out sad
where the pilot came from then went to glad nice new shinny frame then back to sad couldent get it running properly then you said
you were going to bury it in the back yard I thought I was reading a scary fiction book then back to glad.
No really good job!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 am 

thanks for the kind words. it was a rough road for sure, but turned out in the end. I learned a lot. patience is something I still need to get dialed in but I will get there. I've got another something up my sleeve I'll be sharing soon. -:: :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Lonerider wrote:

I got it 95% figured out. only issue left is that when you go to re start it, if will instantly fire once, crank for 2-3,seconds and then fire up. its an odd issue. plugs look really good and it has great power. I ran it like this for a few trips. once it warms up a bit more I'll play with the jetting some more.

Does this every time?

If so next time you turn it off can you choke it as it dies to flood it or give it more gas than it normally gets when you turn it off see if that helps any, if not can we assume its getting too much gas when you kill it normally, so go the other way pinch off the gas line for 30 or so seconds before you kill it, see how it starts.

Think I remember reading about them PWC carbs when they mess up start dripping fuel inside or leaking inside?? but cant remember when it happens, while running or when off and what causes it just remember reading about the condition when I first was researching the PWC carbs when I did my 440 Pilot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:28 pm 

hoser wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:
Lonerider wrote:

Does this every time?

If so next time you turn it off can you choke it as it dies to flood it or give it more gas than it normally gets when you turn it off see if that helps any, if not can we assume its getting too much gas when you kill it normally, so go the other way pinch off the gas line for 30 or so seconds before you kill it, see how it starts.

Think I remember reading about them PWC carbs when they mess up start dripping fuel inside or leaking inside?? but cant remember when it happens, while running or when off and what causes it just remember reading about the condition when I first was researching the PWC carbs when I did my 440 Pilot.

yeah it does it every time. I dot have a choke. I do have a primer though. will try that when I am out next.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:30 am 

i need a buggy like this!!! nice job

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
hoser wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:
Lonerider wrote:

Does this every time?

yeah it does it every time. I dot have a choke. I do have a primer though. will try that when I am out next.

You have two choices then you can try to choke it with the primer, I do this on my last ride kinda flood the Engine out so its well lubed for storage, or you can pull your intake and play choke with your hands over the carbs :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:22 am 

nitro,

can I get a couple pics of your upper radiator mounts? I am using the same radiator.

thanks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:27 pm 

ChrisV wrote:
nitro,

can I get a couple pics of your upper radiator mounts? I am using the same radiator.

thanks

I'll see if I can dig a few up

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:58 am 

Chris, sorry it took so long to dig this up. Here is my lower rad mount. One thing I wish ibwoul have done different is mount this bar from the cage, so when you remove the cage, the bar comes with an is not in the way of the Engine. But it has worked good for me.

For the upper mount, I used a straight bar from one side of the cage to the other. For the mount inised the billet upper mount that rick krache makes. Worked out really well. I will be around the pilot this weekend I believe. If you want any better pics I'll get them.

Attachments:
tmp_2012-01-28_18-59-32_898.jpg~320x4802104472017.jpeg
tmp_2012-01-28_18-59-32_898.jpg~320x4802104472017.jpeg [ 41.68 KiB | Viewed 1695 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 316 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next