Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:05 pm 

Ok I am long over due for a long ride trip, this last job totally killed my ride time.

Goal is to put at least 1000 miles on the RZR this trip to break it in (uh actually like to consider it wear in those close fitting tight tolerance parts) and to better get to know it.

I plan on hitting all the usual places I hit on the last trip but it all depends on the weather.

Glamis and Dumont Dunes are on the list but I really want to spend some time around the Vegas area in the desert, their is a ton of places to ride http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trai ... a_list.htm I also want to hit Parker AZ where they have the Parker 400 race.

If the weather holds out I might even venture north to Utah and ride a few places their. http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/utah_list.htm

Like to check out a few places in AZ.

Stoneman kicked around the idea of flying out to Vegas and going for a Desert ride in the RZR..

Anybody else game to ride?

Drakman? you were with me on the last one...

Anybody else live in the Vegas area ? I need guidance on riding in the area :shock:

Will be taking the Pilot 400EX and RZR

-::

rzrr

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:23 pm 

here is logandale just north of Vegas.. Pink dunes to ride in!!!

Attachments:
File comment: you can see the edge of town and the trail that heads towards the dunes
logandale.JPG
logandale.JPG [ 209.65 KiB | Viewed 1645 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:24 pm 

I would love to go, but with how my finances are right now, don't count on me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:27 pm 

Turbo that's on my list see in the pic Longdale Trail see the red line around that mountain a guy sent me the GPS files for that trail...

Attachments:
Longdale.jpg
Longdale.jpg [ 192.81 KiB | Viewed 1644 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:44 pm 

I would like to meet up and ride, it would be cool to meet and ride with HOSER..............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:48 pm 

afastcar wrote:
I would like to meet up and ride, it would be cool to meet and ride with HOSER..............

Where when?

I should be pulling out later this week.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:14 pm 

Glamis or AZ I can try and make it for a day or two if I know when you'll be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:19 pm 

Leaving next week? Too bad you can't hit up Oregon or somewhere close to me. I know I won't get vaca this early lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:37 pm 

You can stop by and see me then. It's been awhile!

I want to check out the new ride.

Tom

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:02 pm 

hoser wrote:
Turbo that's on my list see in the pic Longdale Trail see the red line around that mountain a guy sent me the GPS files for that trail...

If you look at the abiss in my picture from google earth the trail goes clear into town... The town is Very ATV friendly!!! Take a small trailer and use rzr to tow camping stuff and pilot and 400 back and forth to town LOL

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:46 pm 

I just had a thought... couldn't you just remove the roll cage of the rzr to get it to fit inside the bus??? It might be worth the trouble for the long trip, not have to worry about it being exposed to the weather, and thief's and such... when you park for the ride then put it back on...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:54 pm 

Turbotexas wrote:
I just had a thought... couldn't you just remove the roll cage of the rzr to get it to fit inside the bus??? It might be worth the trouble for the long trip, not have to worry about it being exposed to the weather, and thief's and such... when you park for the ride then put it back on...

I bought one of these http://www.lockalarm.com afastcar suggested, got the 33' long one I will run the cable out around the trailer, RZR and anything else on the trailer then loop cable back inside the bus so the alarm is inside.

Bus loaded with Pilot 400EX and most the stuff I will take with me, put the trailer on back with RZR and took it for a test ride today, need more POWER lol it will work for this trip, when I get back I will find a semi and convert it as we talked in the chat, the conversion should make me good for years then I can have an RV with the balls to pull the trailer I want and I wont have to be worried about over loading.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:01 pm 

I can not go that far this time. I am going to do a lot of rides next spring/summer while back in Cheyenne. You have fun , be safe, and take lots of pics(you always do)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:38 pm 

So Hoser, I guess you did get a RZR? I havent been on the site in a while, I imagine there is a thread on it, will take a look. The wife and I will be in Dumont this thursday through sunday. I am not sure when you will be there, but if you want to stop and say hi, or maybe even want a place to park the bus, we will be next to a dude with a McFlurry inflated balloon/camp marker thing a ma bop. Will be there with the RZR-S, EEE car, and yfz450se.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:53 pm 

Hey Hoser, sorry for delay. Just got back from a trip and had no email or phone reception (Hawaii). Yea mate sounds swell. I have tranny seals and a fresh top end to put in and expect to be done with that very shortly. I have some other emails I saw from some guys who want to ride and with this cooler San Diego weather I just returned to I guess they all want to hit the desert. You got my cell and if you want or need to spend a few days doing any repairs or chillin, we have a spare bedroom and a big ass driveway for da bus. I will ride as much as possible but seeing as I now work for a company that sells mono skis for the snow, my ride time will be more limited than just spending the whole time out their with ya. I have an RV booked for Thanksgiving and planned on riding Ocitillo and salton sea area, whats your plans on that part of your trip? I'm flexible there. Call or email and we can chat further, glad you're on the road to sand fury and see ya shortly.

Tadrad.

Profile E-mail