Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wolfskill LT Pilot
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:17 pm 

I bought the Pilot that Wolfskill had for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13513

Afastcar was nice enough to pick up the Pilot and all the parts for me and store it at his compound until I could make it to his place to pick it up, the Pilot has a lot of the ATV Racing stuff on it from what I can see, below is a list of the stuff I seen on it if I am forgetting something Afastcar let me know.

LT kit, I am told this is the latest version (what ever that means) it has the custom axis shocks and the arms are not white they are a gray hammer tone finish.
Bump steer kit
Steering stablizer shock thing
New upper bolt on cage and body work.
ATVR Front bumper
Rear bumper (ATV Racing?)
Nerfs
Torque pipe (one piece head pipe)
39mm carb
Micky mouse intake filter setup
Digitron (model number later)
Beard seat
Fire wall
ATVR belly skid
ATVR Engine skid
Skid plates on the suspension arms front and back
Strange looking headlights
Assume Engine is ported some name carved on the cylinder and the tab on the head missing.
Power Bloc clutch.
Nets.
Bead lock rims all around (For Sale)
It also came with 2 sets of rear paddle tires (For Sale)

This Pilot is well molested and needs a lot of TLC!

The choke cable does not work its all locked up, rusted? wont know until I CSI, tried to start it nothing battery dead.

Afastcar had the battery on the trickle charger but when I tried to start the battery was dead, I had brought the battery that came with the basket case Pilot I bought in Vegas last year just in case this battery was bad, its a napa batter, who buys a napa battery for a ATV haha they are just the lowest cost battery napa could buy and plaster their name on.

While changing the battery I discovered the batter flops around in the battery box, its missing the rubber things that keeps the battery from moving ALSO missing are the rubbers the battery box goes into the frame so the battery is lose and flopping 2 ways in the battery box who races or rides with their battery like this ?

With my battery installed cranks right over then fired up the thing is super rich at idle, I wonder if they jetted it so rich at idle it would start with out a choke? Will not know until I CSI the cable and go through the carb.

First thing I notice is the silencer HAS NO PACKING IN IT, the noise at idle makes your ears bleed, its been run so long without packing the harmonics has worked all the rivets that hold the silencer shell on loose I would not be suprised if inside the core is damaged also, will not know until I CSI the silencer, also the silencer is almost falling out of the joint where it connects to the pipe.

By time I discovered all of this I had decided I am not going to ride the Pilot on this trip or until I can go over the whole Pilot and fix all the deficiencies, the former owner said ATVR just did a top end on the Engine so I am going to pull the Engine and go through the whole thing after ATVR having their dick skinners on it after all their shit Engine work that has crossed my bench I would not trust them to change the spark plug in my lawn mower without me double checking their work.

I didnt even ride it I let the younger more agile Afastcar take it for a ride then drive it into my trailer :-) he can give a ride report.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Wolfskill LT Pilot
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:18 am 

What made you buy this pilot? I thought since you dislike ATVR you would not want a pilot that has a bunch of ATVR stuff on it? May I ask how much did you pay for it? What Engine is in it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:29 am 

Pilot bird wrote:
What made you buy this pilot? I thought since you dislike ATVR you would not want a pilot that has a bunch of ATVR stuff on it? May I ask how much did you pay for it? What Engine is in it?

I can't speak for Hoser but I believe he got a good deal on it and he has the ability to fix all the flaws himself. A lot of members pay out the ass to ATVR and don't have a solid machine or the ability to rectify ATVR,s short comings.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:36 am 

hoser wrote:
I bought the Pilot that Wolfskill had for sale viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13513

Afastcar was nice enough to pick up the Pilot and all the parts for me and store it at his compound until I could make it to his place to pick it up, the Pilot has a lot of the ATV Racing stuff on it from what I can see, below is a list of the stuff I seen on it if I am forgetting something Afastcar let me know.

LT kit, I am told this is the latest version (what ever that means) it has the custom axis shocks and the arms are not white they are a gray hammer tone finish.
Bump steer kit
Steering stablizer shock thing
New upper bolt on cage and body work.
ATVR Front bumper
Rear bumper (ATV Racing?)
Nerfs
Torque pipe (one piece head pipe)
39mm carb
Micky mouse intake filter setup
Digitron (model number later)
Beard seat
Fire wall
ATVR belly skid
ATVR Engine skid
Skid plates on the suspension arms front and back
Strange looking headlights
Assume Engine is ported some name carved on the cylinder and the tab on the head missing.
Power Bloc clutch.
Nets.
Bead lock rims all around (For Sale)
It also came with 2 sets of rear paddle tires (For Sale)

This Pilot is well molested and needs a lot of TLC!

The choke cable does not work its all locked up, rusted? wont know until I CSI, tried to start it nothing battery dead.

Afastcar had the battery on the trickle charger but when I tried to start the battery was dead, I had brought the battery that came with the basket case Pilot I bought in Vegas last year just in case this battery was bad, its a napa batter, who buys a napa battery for a ATV haha they are just the lowest cost battery napa could buy and plaster their name on.

While changing the battery I discovered the batter flops around in the battery box, its missing the rubber things that keeps the battery from moving ALSO missing are the rubbers the battery box goes into the frame so the battery is lose and flopping 2 ways in the battery box who races or rides with their battery like this ?

With my battery installed cranks right over then fired up the thing is super rich at idle, I wonder if they jetted it so rich at idle it would start with out a choke? Will not know until I CSI the cable and go through the carb.

First thing I notice is the silencer HAS NO PACKING IN IT, the noise at idle makes your ears bleed, its been run so long without packing the harmonics has worked all the rivets that hold the silencer shell on loose I would not be suprised if inside the core is damaged also, will not know until I CSI the silencer, also the silencer is almost falling out of the joint where it connects to the pipe.

By time I discovered all of this I had decided I am not going to ride the Pilot on this trip or until I can go over the whole Pilot and fix all the deficiencies, the former owner said ATVR just did a top end on the Engine so I am going to pull the Engine and go through the whole thing after ATVR having their dick skinners on it after all their shit Engine work that has crossed my bench I would not trust them to change the spark plug in my lawn mower without me double checking their work.

I didnt even ride it I let the younger more agile Afastcar take it for a ride then drive it into my trailer :-) he can give a ride report.

I think you got a great deal. You defiantly need to go over everything but I would do that with any Pilot I just bought. It seems really fat to me but I can't tell if it was just loaded up from not being ridden hard in a while? (Probably just started up to idle and drive from the garage to the trailer a bunch of times) I only rode it down the street and back and it did clean out on the way back. Give it some TLC and I think you will have a solid little buggy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:48 am 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12225&hilit=Wolfskill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:07 am 

Pilot bird wrote:

I bought the Wolfskill Pilot because it was for sale for a long time and I got what I thought was a good deal it was too cheap for me to pass it up, it was a undisclosed amount.

As for the ATV Racing stuff MOST of it will be removed from the Pilot and sold, only the basic LT suspension parts will be retained.

The current Engine is the Honda Pilot Engine, all I know is someone ported it, bore size unknown, I will be removing the Engine and doing a complete tear down and inspection, do my regular internal modifications to enhance lubrication of critical parts, previous owner said it had a recent top end done by ATV Racing and still needs broke in, after all the messed up engines I have had sent to me over the years that ATV Racing screwed up I am not taking any chances with this one, the last "recent rebuild by ATV Racing" I did the piston had .010 piston to cylinder clearance I had to buy the next size bigger piston to correct the problem that owner took over 300.00 and flushed it down the toilet by sending it to ATV Racing.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:28 am 

Just skimmed through the old "for sale" thread that Afastcar re-posted here. I guess the whole "Argentina/sold it less than 10 hours" thing was a lie, huh? Cool that you got the pilot now, H. Can't wait to see you hoserize it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 am 

nickRNR wrote:
Just skimmed through the old "for sale" thread that Afastcar re-posted here. I guess the whole "Argentina/sold it less than 10 hours" thing was a lie, huh? Cool that you got the pilot now, H. Can't wait to see you hoserize it.

This was explained somewhere here, it wasn't the same dude or something.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:15 am 

bullnerd wrote:
nickRNR wrote:

This was explained somewhere here, it wasn't the same dude or something.

Their was like 4 Pilots for sale all were pretty much the same and this one was not the one that already sold someone recycled pics or something? I am not sure of the details I just know their was some drama involved and it involved a divorce? Regardless I wish the Wolfskill family well during what ever crisis they are going through from what little I know about them they are all nice people I am sure we have all seen before how stressful things are in a family crisis and things are said and happen under stress and duress that does not accurately represent those involved I am sorry to see they are no longer racing Pilots, maybe we will see them racing in the future.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:42 pm 

Got some time today so I dug the LT Pilot out of the trailer, weather is suppose to turn for the next few days I wanted to use the nice weather of today to get the Pilot into the shop while the getting was good.

Cram packed in the front of my trailer, I had way too much stuff packed into the trailer this trip what a pain to top it off I even had a new set of tires and rims for the RZR-S on board.

Attachments:
DSCN1535.JPG
DSCN1535.JPG [ 49.83 KiB | Viewed 27448 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:46 pm 

Not much to see at this point the Pilot looks like it was in the for sale ad.

Nerf bars have a little race rash on them.
Attachment:
DSCN1604.JPG
DSCN1604.JPG [ 108.72 KiB | Viewed 27448 times ]

Front bumper is well used.

Attachment:
DSCN1605.JPG
DSCN1605.JPG [ 89.22 KiB | Viewed 27448 times ]

With shock covers off.

Attachment:
DSCN1606.JPG
DSCN1606.JPG [ 72.6 KiB | Viewed 27448 times ]

Attachments:
DSCN1602.JPG
DSCN1602.JPG [ 66.96 KiB | Viewed 27448 times ]
DSCN1603.JPG
DSCN1603.JPG [ 52.12 KiB | Viewed 27448 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:54 pm 

People ask what the offset of the front rims are I have no idea other than its the WRONG offset if someone can tell me the correct way to measure offset I will measure it.

All I know is the center of the tire (blue line) is suppose to be over the center of the ball joint (red line) if its not then its HARD to steer the Pilot because the LEVERAGE is working against you and every little bump the front tires hit it tries to rip the steering yoke out of your hands, if you had a handle bars like on a quad then you could at least have a little chance at fighting the leverage working against you.

EDIT

Added a picture of a stock rim on the front notice the offset difference you cant see the ball joint.

Attachments:
Dscn1609.jpg
Dscn1609.jpg [ 108.71 KiB | Viewed 27448 times ]
DSCN1779.JPG
DSCN1779.JPG [ 58.14 KiB | Viewed 27353 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:56 pm 

The silencer not only has no packing its not even installed correctly, looks like its not even slid on half way.

Attachments:
DSCN1611.JPG
DSCN1611.JPG [ 61.48 KiB | Viewed 27447 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:58 pm 

Ball joint boot is split.

Attachments:
DSCN1614.JPG
DSCN1614.JPG [ 72.55 KiB | Viewed 27447 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:59 pm 

Who ever fabricated the top cage and the body work did a nice job.

Attachments:
DSCN1616.JPG
DSCN1616.JPG [ 85.96 KiB | Viewed 27447 times ]
DSCN1617.JPG
DSCN1617.JPG [ 57.94 KiB | Viewed 27447 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:00 pm 

It all just bolts on.

Attachments:
DSCN1618.JPG
DSCN1618.JPG [ 54.54 KiB | Viewed 27447 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:01 pm 

Key in the ignition and one key left in the gas cap have not checked to see if they are keyed the same.

Attachments:
DSCN1619.JPG
DSCN1619.JPG [ 62.76 KiB | Viewed 27446 times ]
DSCN1620.JPG
DSCN1620.JPG [ 53.79 KiB | Viewed 27446 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 pm 

Before I drive it into the shop those nets has to go.

Attachments:
DSCN1622.JPG
DSCN1622.JPG [ 142.86 KiB | Viewed 27446 times ]
DSCN1624.JPG
DSCN1624.JPG [ 69.92 KiB | Viewed 27446 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:03 pm 

Not sure what model the digitron is looks like its only CHT and RPM?

Attachments:
DSCN1621.JPG
DSCN1621.JPG [ 60.03 KiB | Viewed 27445 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:16 pm 

Looks like a great project.

Here is a nice PDF that explains how to measure offset http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/docs/ ... Offset.pdf.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:51 pm 

hoser wrote:
People ask what the offset of the front rims are I have no idea other than its the WRONG offset if someone can tell me the correct way to measure offset I will measure it.

All I know is the center of the tire (blue line) is suppose to be over the center of the ball joint (red line) if its not then its HARD to steer the Pilot because the LEVERAGE is working against you and every little bump the front tires hit it tries to rip the steering yoke out of your hands, if you had a handle bars like on a quad then you could at least have a little chance at fighting the leverage working against you.

your thinking of scrub radius. once you have that figured out then you can determine what offset wheels are needed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:39 pm 

fully wrote:
hoser wrote:

your thinking of scrub radius. once you have that figured out then you can determine what offset wheels are needed

Call it what ever you want all I know is the closer you keep the front wheel offset to the OEM specs the better, faster and easier all Pilots will steer, those who run the wrong offset end up with drivers fatigue and spending more money trying to correct this problem like installing a bump steer kit and or the steering stabilizer thing.

I was just looking at the LT Pilot and it looks like if I install a stock rim on this ATV Racing LT Pilot that their brake lines will rub on the rims? Is it possible that someone installed the brake lines wrong like upside down and that is why they are sticking up like that?

Attachment:
Dscn1633.jpg
Dscn1633.jpg [ 53.3 KiB | Viewed 27397 times ]

Here is the stock rim on my Pilot with the +2 arms you cant even see the brake line haha
Attachment:
DSCN1636.JPG
DSCN1636.JPG [ 63.03 KiB | Viewed 27397 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 pm 

Are those the stock brake lines on the LT Pilot? Or are they some that the previous owner had made?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm 

hoser wrote:
Call it what ever you want

your the one always trying to teach everyone the proper terminology for things, example motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )), vs Engine. well this is just an example. go to any site where they are building buggies and this one of the things you learn about building a a-arm suspension

i am sure that if you measured a stock pilot you would be close the measurement required, within that 1" in board. so measure where your scrub radius is and you can figure out what off set wheels you need.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:09 pm 

fully wrote:
hoser wrote:
Call it what ever you want

your the one always trying to teach everyone the proper terminology for things, example motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) ((Internal Combustion Engine?)), vs Engine. well this is just an example. go to any site where they are building buggies and this one of the things you learn about building a a-arm suspension

i am sure that if you measured a stock pilot you would be close the measurement required, within that 1" in board. so measure where your scrub radius is and you can figure out what off set wheels you need.

I will be installing OEM Honda Pilot wheels so no measurements are required?

FYI I never tried to argue with you or tell you your wrong like others have with the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) thing I am not really sure why your your trying to make this connection if you have a axe to grind spit it out don't beat around the bush with chicken shit comments , if your doing like others past trying to take pokes at me because you don't agree its probably best for everybody if you leave this site never come back save everybody the trouble of me ending up banning you in the end I realize many losers can not deal with the FACTS about the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) thing they also cant purge their brain of stupidity, I said call it what you want because I simply don't know and have no idea if your terminology is correct or not, I have no time to research it to verify your right, I will no longer waste time chasing down suspension crapola I wasted days of my life reading about suspension stuff by such experts as Moskito on the minibuggy site only to find out he is dumber than I am about the subject, need proof look at ALL his past projects where he messed with the suspension and or steering, same goes with all the other buggy projects on that site havent seen one work right yet, does not make them bad people it just makes their projects look really stupid, anyways I no longer waste my time reading about shit that don't work, I am no longer amused by failed projects, its irrelevant really, because I am installing the factory rims whether they are a 99" offset or just 1/4" off set that's what will be installed and used whilst I am the owner, the bead locks will be sold to other owners who like them or the scrap guy.

I am not sure I understand what your "1" in board" reference too?

Profile E-mail