Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: fl800 maby
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:45 pm 

Im really thinking about it. And the more i think the more i want it.

Attachments:
001.JPG
001.JPG [ 73.94 KiB | Viewed 1987 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: fl800 maby
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:52 pm 

halorising wrote:
Im really thinking about it. And the more i think the more i want it.

You won't regret it. After driving my Briggs with the Polaris 700 twin, I can tell you that you will never look back.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:57 pm 

well you already have it in the frame might as well finish..
the one that AK built was really nice, and ripped but its down under now lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:59 pm 

This is still at Farr-offroad

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:13 am 

Better have lots of slipper clutch rebuilds on hand. My 670 likes to eat them. Only way I'd go more power than I have now is with a more stout trans.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:58 am 

I bet it rips the rear pulley right out of the case. don't be a fool Chris, 160 or what ever HP it is is just plain stupid in a pilot. The cool factor is not there, its just plain dumb. As thin as the pilot is made you are playing with your life! Its not worth it. Put something like that in your drakart maybe but not a paper thin pilot....THINK!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:05 am 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Better have lots of slipper clutch rebuilds on hand. My 670 likes to eat them. Only way I'd go more power than I have now is with a more stout trans.

where can i get them

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:49 am 

halorising wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

where can i get them

that's the problem. all of it is discontinued and the only piece of it aftermarket is the fiber disks. but i can almost bet 100% that your springs are past their service limit and the plates themselves are past the limit. I got lucky and just reused my plates and have had good luck. havent had it eat another set. But i also upped my spring pressure with an extra washer on each spring. EBC makes a set of fiber plates as well as Ferodo. I am running the Ferodo ones currently and they are working great. I just bought them to test to see if they would hold up.

My advice... keep the 670 OR get a fuel injected etech 600. same power more reliable and fuel efficient. that's the route i plan to go with my next build. just gotta find a decent deal on a donor sled.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:47 am 

Sell the Pilot trans, driven clutch, axles, rear hubs and buy a RPM trans or a Team Moto trans viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6639

Skip all the wasted time and money trying to keep a drive-line that is discontinued parts and that was designed for 40hp together.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:24 am 

hoser wrote:
Sell the Pilot trans, driven clutch, axles, rear hubs and buy a RPM trans or a Team Moto trans viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6639

Skip all the wasted time and money trying to keep a drive-line that is discontinued parts and that was designed for 40hp together.

^What he said!^ :-)

I've researched quite a few different CVT setups including sled chaincases, Polaris Sportsman gearboxes, and alternative configurations using the FL350R trans guts (not Pilot).

Aside from the RPM or MOTO trans....
- NOTHING can handle as much power.
- NOTHING else can permit readily available affordable CV axle options.
- NOTHING else has the small footprint of the RPM/Moto boxes.
- NOTHING else is tried & true.
- You CANNOT machine your own cases and buy all the parts to make a DIY gearbox for less time & $ than you can buy a RPM/Moto box (unless maybe you own both a salvage yard and high precision machine shop with hardening capabilities and you steal from work).
- NOTHING (including RPM & Moto) has a differential or slipper clutch on the market capable of handling 80-150hp. The RPM and Moto utilize tire slip and drive-line strength to absorb shock loads.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:15 am 

Can you even purchase a $899 Team Moto gearbox anymore?

And the RPM boxes...do you just have to contact the guy and he makes 'em? Price? Website is minimal and there is no heavy blog activity for a couple years. And I see Protodie sells 'em setup for the big bike engines for $2.5k.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:40 pm 

don't the big sleds just start the 2 strokes backwards for reverse? if that was the case then you could do the same, then you would only need some gear reduction like a chain? just a thought.
I would think you'd be better off putting an 800 in a little larger buggy like drakart or revolt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:48 pm 

Kuma wrote:
don't the big sleds just start the 2 strokes backwards for reverse? if that was the case then you could do the same, then you would only need some gear reduction like a chain? just a thought.
I would think you'd be better off putting an 800 in a little larger buggy like drakart or revolt.

I don't think so. most of the reverse sleds i have seen are in the chaincase

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:11 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Kuma wrote:

I don't think so. most of the reverse sleds i have seen are in the chaincase

most of the new skidoos the Engine turns in reverse. i know my dads 06 gsx, and 11 renegade, and both my brothers new 14 15 renegades do.

so if one was to go this route you wouldn't need a gear box, get get the clutching right and you would have great acceleration and top speed

heres a video of how it works

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:14 pm 

DMoneyAllstar wrote:
Can you even purchase a $899 Team Moto gearbox anymore?

And the RPM boxes...do you just have to contact the guy and he makes 'em? Price? Website is minimal and there is no heavy blog activity for a couple years. And I see Protodie sells 'em setup for the big bike engines for $2.5k.

There was a guy on another site that broke the Team moto box with a stock 350. I would stay away from them, the owner is a snake also.

The RPM cans be bought right from RPM or several after market vendors.

Don't forget the STAK version also, don't know anyone that has one, but the company is well know for very tough transfer cases. http://www.stak4x4.com/mini_buggy_fnr.htm

BTW, Im with Dave-Co , way too much Engine.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:47 am 

Team Moto is a pos!
RPM or jeffco, Dan Roberto (rpm) call him he will take your specs, and gear it right for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:49 pm 

Im going to stick with the 670 right now. I tore down the one in the car that stopped running right after the first race, I found the mag side carb filter was pluged. That means the other carb wasn't getting gas.
Poofkaboom

Attachments:
36493_lrg_1421011315609_5887902159_c5dc7143.jpg
36493_lrg_1421011315609_5887902159_c5dc7143.jpg [ 35.64 KiB | Viewed 1885 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:13 am 

halorising wrote:
Im going to stick with the 670 right now. I tore down the one in the car that stopped running right after the first race, I found the mag side carb filter was pluged. That means the other carb wasn't getting gas.
Poofkaboom

how did you not notice that?! it had to sound ((Bad Word)) up with 1 cylinder pulling the other along. I know when i foul the plug or my carb linkage comes unhooked it sounds like absolute garbage lol.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:43 am 

Plugged AIR filter or FUEL filter?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:14 am 

fuel

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:05 am 

Well that sucks hopefully no damage to the cylinder, add a inline filter right out of the tank and before both carbs? Keep the other current filters..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:15 pm 

Kangaru wrote:
Team Moto is a pos!
RPM or jeffco, Dan Roberto (rpm) call him he will take your specs, and gear it right for you.

I would like to see more facts on the Team Moto boxes so far all I have seen or read about their boxes is just talk no facts I could verify myself.

Facts I do know is roberto is very pissed off about someone copied his un patent protected gear box and is selling in the same market, roberto also has a strong following and guys standing in line to defend him with unverifiable gibber jabber. What they spew might be fact their is no way to verify it since its biased bashing it carries very little weight. You also have the crowd where money is no object so paying 1500.00 more for the RPM box is not a issue.

Most importantly if their was failed boxes WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? And did Team Moto rectify the failed transmissions?

Every time I have called Dan Reberto I got a different price and a different story if you called him before using his boxes in larger buggy craze happen they were reasonably priced after supply and demand more than doubled then others started seeking alternatives and when about the Team Moto box showed up, think it was moskito that was telling us that Dan Reberto picked up one of the Team Moto boxes at a off road show and screamed something to the affect 'you copied my transmission" then proceeded to throw the Team Moto box as far as he could making a complete asshole out of himself. Cant blame him for being mad but he should direct his anger at himself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:44 pm 

hoser wrote:
Kangaru wrote:
Team Moto is a pos!

I would like to see more facts on the Team Moto boxes so far all I have seen or read about their boxes is just talk no facts I could verify myself.

Facts I do know is roberto is very pissed off about someone copied his un patent protected gear box and is selling in the same market, roberto also has a strong following and guys standing in line to defend him with unverifiable gibber jabber. What they spew might be fact their is no way to verify it since its biased bashing it carries very little weight. You also have the crowd where money is no object so paying 1500.00 more for the RPM box is not a issue.

Most importantly if their was failed boxes WHERE ARE THE PICTURES? And did Team Moto rectify the failed transmissions?

Every time I have called Dan Reberto I got a different price and a different story if you called him before using his boxes in larger buggy craze happen they were reasonably priced after supply and demand more than doubled then others started seeking alternatives and when about the Team Moto box showed up, think it was moskito that was telling us that Dan Reberto picked up one of the Team Moto boxes at a off road show and screamed something to the affect 'you copied my transmission" then proceeded to throw the Team Moto box as far as he could making a complete asshole out of himself. Cant blame him for being mad but he should direct his anger at himself.

I've seen enough pictures to make me purchase an RPM, and I've owned a quaif, both far superior to the team box.
I got my first bike powered mini buggy in 2001, and have seen them all come and go, stak was another rip off of RPM, they came apart at the seams.
Even the jeffcos had problems, all the reputable buggy builders, Yoshi, tompro, protodie, all use RPM.
Now in a light weight lower power buggy? Maybe a team box would work? I would still never buy one, and Dan (RPM) makes a cheaper low hp version of his box.
I think I paid $2200 for my high HP box.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:04 am 

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... VK5EB_zSqw

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 am 

hoser wrote:
Kangaru wrote:
Team Moto is a pos!

So how much different and innovative is the RPM box vs. the Pilot or Odyssey?

Profile E-mail