Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: bushings
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:15 pm 

At the race i was having some problems steering. I think i found part of the problem.
This is all that was left of this one.
And this is all of the other one. Im replacing all of them.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: bushings
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm 

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:26 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:25 am 

Those are atv racings bushings fo\rom his LT pilot. I always carried a complete extra set for mine. Call Neal and order 2 full sets for your pilot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:38 am 

Ran these for years in my Pilot stock arms they never did that they are still like new.

http://www.pilotodyssey.com/armbushings.htm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:08 am 

This pilot has been ridden. Im getting the bugs out of it one thing at a time. Ill get the ported top end back tomorrow. Hoser are the v force 3 reeds any better then the the old ones? Ive read what you said about the v2's but i bought one after racing wheels and his pilot. He has v3's and was scooting pretty good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:30 am 

halorising wrote:
This pilot has been ridden. Im getting the bugs out of it one thing at a time. Ill get the ported top end back tomorrow. Hoser are the v force 3 reeds any better then the the old ones? Ive read what you said about the v2's but i bought one after racing wheels and his pilot. He has v3's and was scooting pretty good.

Bushings in my Pilot has been used too wore out one and one half sets of OEM tires with them bushings, many thousands of miles.

Vfarse is shit IMO Engine backfires the reed petals shatter cost you 60 bux to replace reeds 5 min later Engine backfires another 60 bux when the Engine don't backfire they live about 1/2 as long as fiber glass, have talked to many Engine builders that test them and they say after 20-30 min in the dyno the reeds lost tension and had no more advantage than using fiberglass petals, racers who receive all the free replacement petals they want love them and rave about them, read where many of the kart racers change them between heats to keep their Engine top of tune.

I use a modified stock cage and the stock reeds until they are worn out then I buy boyeseen fiber glass replacements, have not seen a Pilot running Vfarce that was faster than mine yet, the Vfarse will give you probably 15 psychological HP maybe more depending on the owner.

If you feel their is some advantage to them by all means buy them, when others tell you how good they are ask how many miles they have on theirs (tanks of gas) and when was the last time they checked the reeds to verify their condition.

When I was running the Pilot Engine in my Pilot I was burning up 4-6 gallons of oil per season and the Honda reeds were lasting at least 4 seasons so figure 20 gallons of oil at 32:1 was the lifetime.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:31 am 

Hoser you made me crack up about the v-force reeds. On my first Pilot back in the day I bought v-force reed cage. The first weekend they seemed fine. The next weekend out riding with a group of buds. Went to start it to back it out and kapooie. Did not use those ever again. Ruined my whole beepen weekend. My buds all laughed their asses off. Went back to stock or Boysens like you. There are things out there that really improve our toys and this is not one of them. If you do have them good luck. But I do want to give you a word of advice. You should carry a stock cage as a backup.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:39 am 

Crapppp, I bought one for the 500 too. Well I'll take your advice and keep the stock reeds in my road toolbox.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:09 am 

Boyesen reeds are a fine replacement for the Pilots. Look around you might be able to locate a reed cage with a stuffer in it, that will assist you in a performance edge some. I forget the application for this reed cage might be CR 500 OR 250 CAGE?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:56 am 

Mudbogger wrote:
Boyesen reeds are a fine replacement for the Pilots. Look around you might be able to locate a reed cage with a stuffer in it, that will assist you in a performance edge some. I forget the application for this reed cage might be CR 500 OR 250 CAGE?

If someone would just make fiberglass replacement reed petals for the Vforce I think most the problems would go away, I wish I had the money to buy the materials and do the testing to see the performance changes in the materials, I would be willing to be the power difference would not be noticeable by anything other than a dyno, I know replacement CF reeds are a cash cow I bet with the fiberglass you would see reed petal life like on OEM cages.

I avoid this product all together I have no respect for someone that creates a problem (really short reed life) then charges top dollar for the product, cures the problems they created by selling replacement parts of the same fragile materials for 2x the price of the of the original product, they also have used some really slick trickery in their advertisements over the years that creates plenty of psychological horse power gains.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:34 pm 

Where are these Pilot bushings available now?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:30 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Where are these Pilot bushings available now?

http://atvbushings.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:17 pm 

Ok thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:33 pm 

I used these bushings for years they worked great mine didnt have the grease grooves but I just greased everything up really good before installing including the bolts. http://www.pilotodyssey.com/armbushings.htm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:32 pm 

Myself as well, they have held up very very over the years!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:17 pm 

Im trying to replace my bushings now.Mine looked in pretty good shape after taking apart but I had already purchased the new bushings so I thought Id go ahead and replace them.Problem is getting that snap ring out,those things are a bitch to get out.Tried making a tool to get them out,its helped but still is taking me a while to get out.I have one snap ring I cant budge,its not rotating inside the groove either,its like its rusted in there but theres no rust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:44 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Im trying to replace my bushings now.Mine looked in pretty good shape after taking apart but I had already purchased the new bushings so I thought Id go ahead and replace them.Problem is getting that snap ring out,those things are a bitch to get out.Tried making a tool to get them out,its helped but still is taking me a while to get out.I have one snap ring I cant budge,its not rotating inside the groove either,its like its rusted in there but theres no rust

Can you see the ends of the snap ring if so take a small punch, chisel screw driver and a hammer try to tap it out at the end? Try it both ways or both sides, amazingly some of the clips actually hold well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm 

hoser wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Can you see the ends of the snap ring if so take a small punch, chisel screw driver and a hammer try to tap it out at the end? Try it both ways or both sides, amazingly some of the clips actually hold well.

Yeah my snap rings are holding very well!
Yes I can see it to punch it
I sprayed the stuck one with pb blaster last nite and this morning,will try tonight to get it out

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:31 am 

Finished up last night,this project was a lot harder to do then I thought it was gonna be.Worked on it from 7:30 to midnite,have about 8 hrs spent on this project.Left side went a lot better than first side but still a pain in the ass.I figured out the secret to getting the snap rings outs so that sped up the process.After spending a lot of time just trying to get the snap rings off,the other time consumer was getting the arms to fit back on.The arms did not just fit right back in place,they were a little tweaked in certain spots and it made it a real bitch to get them even back into the brackets,then trying to get the bolts back thru the holes was more difficult.But its done now :-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:57 pm 

how does it roll, steer, etc?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:55 pm 

rmesser wrote:

lol,did you see I finished at midnight? :-)
I havent tried to move it
Probably going riding saturday,see how it does then

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:12 pm 

rmesser wrote:

After installing new bushings and going riding,I see no difference god or bad.It rolled and steered just fine