Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crow safety belts.
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:58 pm 

Anybody using these? Likes,dislikes?
I'm looking at a 5 point set with 3" shoulder and lap and a 2" sub belt.
They have shoulder pads, clip in style with tension springs and the
Normal latch and lock setup. All for 152$ shipped.
Thanks
Bob

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Crow safety belts.
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 am 

Where's ya links Bob? :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:08 am 

http://www.filthymotorsports.com/Produc ... CROW%2D5PT
I just entered what I wanted and hit calculate. It does the same for shipping costs as well.
Bob

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:22 am 

Rppjr wrote:
Anybody using these? Likes,dislikes?
I'm looking at a 5 point set with 3" shoulder and lap and a 2" sub belt.
They have shoulder pads, clip in style with tension springs and the
Normal latch and lock setup. All for 152$ shipped.
Thanks
Bob

I use crow in all my pilots and they work great! Reasonably priced and good quality.
You might check the crow website and buy direct - http://www.crowenterprizes.com
Also check out the arm restraints as they are much better than the stock wrist restraints that come with the pilot. The arm restraints are easily removable and are adjustable in length and adjustable around your arm/wrist.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 43.71 KiB | Viewed 1224 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 44.23 KiB | Viewed 1224 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:45 am 

Thanks, I see on the web site they sell window nets as well. I will check it out some more.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 am 

Bought these for my RZR love them viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6067&start=25

Next set of belts I need for the Pilot will be Crow also, I think the attraction was just the price over the other brands the fit and finish seem to be as good or better, no complaints on fit finish quality of materials, they are wearing great don't see any fading issues.

How about some updates on your health, projects, including your side kick you guys all recovered from your little mishap ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 pm 

I'm doing okay, I went back to work after 16 months of recovery. I have been working for 5 months now. The same job with my list of injuries is twice the work. My accident at the dunes included 14 broken bones, collapsed diaphragm, collapsed both lower lungs, my back is fused from L2-L4 and a plate and 7 screws in my left wrist. I have some issues with nerve damage in my left leg but I am getting around. Chad (PPP) is doing well, he just had surgery on his shoulder so he is recovering from that. His jaw must be good because he is talking constantly. Lol. I have a buggy I started working on before the accident. It was stalled for awhile because of my injuries and therapy. I will start a thread on it soon but here is a picture if anybody is interested.
It's a 1998 Gen 4 Triple EEE. It is a work in progress as everything is broken on it. There is no owners animal so some stuff has taken months to find or get made. I found some people on the web that know people who know people and they have been a big help. I will write more later on myself and the buggy but for now enjoy.

Attachments:
File comment: It didn't run or roll when I bought it. 1600 mile drive to get it home. We drove a truck under it and they lowered it in the bed.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 51.26 KiB | Viewed 1196 times ]
File comment: This pic was taken a couple months ago. The trans had reverse issues and the axles are in now as well. Next are the shocks.
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 78.79 KiB | Viewed 1196 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:35 pm 

Rppjr wrote:
I'm doing okay, I went back to work after 16 months of recovery. I have been working for 5 months now. The same job with my list of injuries is twice the work. My accident at the dunes included 14 broken bones, collapsed diaphragm, collapsed both lower lungs, my back is fused from L2-L4 and a plate and 7 screws in my left wrist. I have some issues with nerve damage in my left leg but I am getting around. Chad (PPP) is doing well, he just had surgery on his shoulder so he is recovering from that. His jaw must be good because he is talking constantly. Lol. I have a buggy I started working on before the accident. It was stalled for awhile because of my injuries and therapy. I will start a thread on it soon but here is a picture if anybody is interested.
It's a 1998 Gen 4 Triple EEE. It is a work in progress as everything is broken on it. There is no owners animal so some stuff has taken months to find or get made. I found some people on the web that know people who know people and they have been a big help. I will write more later on myself and the buggy but for now enjoy.

Wow, that buggy looks cool!
May I ask what the specifics are? Engine, trans, suspension, controls, brakes, etc..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:23 pm 

Engine originally was a FL350, its gone somewhere. It has a pilot Engine in it now.it has fox shocks on the front with dual a-arms. Uses Trx 250r calipers and rotors on the front. Originally came with fox 2.0 rear shocks but they were swapped with Bilsteins. It has dual a -arms on the rear with the bottom one useing a 3rd mounting point. I will be going back to the fox 2.0's though. It has a two rear brakes one on the back side of the driven shaft and one of the cv's on the right side has been modified to accept a brake rotor. The motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) is in my threads as well as the damage to the driven shaft

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 34 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 57.62 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 34.59 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 40.52 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:08 pm 

Rppjr wrote:

Damn was that accident talked about on the forum? Sorry to hear about that,I don't remember it but 16 months ago is like an eternity to my memory :-) Did you and Chad run into each other?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:10 pm 

May 25th will be two years. We were at the dunes in Utah riding quads and even in the video you can't tell the dune ended until I went over the side of it. Some of The California people new some of the details as we ride with them on occasion. I went up a year later in my Pilot and spoke to the Park Ranger that helped saved my butt. Went to Dumont awhile back and got to see everyone and give them some updates. It was good to get back out. Chad was behind me and to my left, when he saw me disappear he thought it was a step Down jump and nailed the throttle. He thinks that's what saved him. He was hurt as well, but stayed calm and got help to get me out Of there. He tells the story Better Than I as I was unconscious/out of it For quite awhile. I have the wreck on a go pro but don't remember anything about it from 1 minute before the accident till 4 Days later. This build has helped my therapy a lot. My daughters brother helped me out till he left for the Marines. I couldn't pick up a Damn thing. I owe a lot of people for putting up with me. It gets boring fast and I would sit in the garage turning wrenches just to keep my sanity. Anyways I have over 400 pics of this car being disassembled/reassembled, I will start throwing those up.
Bob

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:53 pm 

Rppjr wrote:
May 25th will be two years. We were at the dunes in Utah riding quads and even in the video you can't tell the dune ended until I went over the side of it. Some of The California people new some of the details as we ride with them on occasion. I went up a year later in my Pilot and spoke to the Park Ranger that helped saved my butt. Went to Dumont awhile back and got to see everyone and give them some updates. It was good to get back out. Chad was behind me and to my left, when he saw me disappear he thought it was a step Down jump and nailed the throttle. He thinks that's what saved him. He was hurt as well, but stayed calm and got help to get me out Of there. He tells the story Better Than I as I was unconscious/out of it For quite awhile. I have the wreck on a go pro but don't remember anything about it from 1 minute before the accident till 4 Days later. This build has helped my therapy a lot. My daughters brother helped me out till he left for the Marines. I couldn't pick up a Damn thing. I owe a lot of people for putting up with me. It gets boring fast and I would sit in the garage turning wrenches just to keep my sanity. Anyways I have over 400 pics of this car being disassembled/reassembled, I will start throwing those up.
Bob

Well glad you and Chad made it out without any permanent paralysis