Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:44 pm 

Ok so we have already left earth, been too and lived in lower earth orbit, landed on the moon (or not) safely returned to the earth bla bla bla IMO not much of an achievement considering todays tools, knowledge skill etc. you'd think with just the Internet alone networking all the best minds available and the pooling of all types of resources we would have reached the edges of our galaxy by now.

As a kid watching the moon landings I was excited figured I would be seeing humans leaving our Galaxy in my lifetime, space travel seems to have stalled. Think of all the things humans could do jumping from one galaxy to another, billions of galaxies with billions of stars and billions of planets waiting and here we set on planet earth waiting for humanity to end by some stupid way, holding all our eggs in one basket like fools..

I asked a friend this same question about exploring other galaxies he muttered something about fantasy football concerns or something, so I guess the whole world is too busy or just complacent ? Then again maybe someone has already is already using the Internet and organized an effort ?

I guess top of the list would be to master Gravity?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 am 

Giddy up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:18 am 

We have invented/discovered a proper power source yet. IMO a perpetual power source will be the answer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:43 am 

rmesser wrote:
We have invented/discovered a proper power source yet. IMO a perpetual power source will be the answer.

Power will be insignificant once you master gravity. Gravity research has been snuffed by big business every step of the way for hundreds of years, hundreds of trillions of dollars to be lost by big business once you master gravity, imaging shipping 100,000 lb load using a semi that gets 500 mpg for example because the semi thinks the load its hauling is 3 lbs ... What do you mean we can power the semi with solar panels on the roof and don't need fossil fuels.

Hundreds of trillions of dollars to be made once you leave earth. Greed lives for today.

FYI particle per particle fusion rockets produce 10 million times more energy than today's chemical rockets meaning you can greatly reduce rocket size and increase payloads, master gravity and you can use solar powered or maybe Fart propulsion, :-) .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:28 pm 

Cut funding for science classes, cut NASA's budget, spend all our cash on wars, make people Believe that space is a "waste of time and $"
People know more about football and how to navigate FB then they do about or care to no about our world and science and exploration...
Makes me sad, we were once a nation of dreamers, now a nation of Pokemon chasers, or what ever the latest fad is..

People going to college "because" it's what you do, not knowing what they want to do.
Or "I want to be a sports star, or a movie/music star"
Undervaluing the trades, over valuing lawyers, and sports medicine for professions..
Nobody wants to actually contribute to our country any more..

Build something, fix something, be a dreamer, be a doer, but don't be a brain dead "I read it on FB" idiot.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:36 pm 

Kangaru wrote:
Cut funding for science classes, cut NASA's budget, spend all our cash on wars, make people Believe that space is a "waste of time and $"
People know more about football and how to navigate FB then they do about or care to no about our world and science and exploration...
Makes me sad, we were once a nation of dreamers, now a nation of Pokemon chasers, or what ever the latest fad is..

People going to college "because" it's what you do, not knowing what they want to do.
Or "I want to be a sports star, or a movie/music star"
Undervaluing the trades, over valuing lawyers, and sports medicine for professions..
Nobody wants to actually contribute to our country any more..

Build something, fix something, be a dreamer, be a doer, but don't be a brain dead "I read it on FB" idiot.

Well said.

Wonder if anybody liked me today on FB :shock: ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:21 am 

Well 8 years later and Elon Musk appears to be headed in the right direction. He has been able to make NASA look like the WASTE OF MONEY they have always been.

When I see SpaceX launch the two rockets almost simultaneously, successfully deploy their loads and land on separate barges at sea almost simultaneously you should have been in the room with me as they landed going off on my NASA rant!

NASA has never even had landing on a barge with a reusable rocket on the drawing board. ANYONE in DC with a BRAIN would have cut NASA's budget by 50% the next day!

Wish I could spend about 60 hrs with Musk, I got ideas too share, he has resources.

I bet one day riding in my Pilot you would see Pilot's back in production better than ever.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:01 pm 

Here we are in the same state of nothingness. Everyone have a good Superbowl party?

Anything new on Facebook?

Profile E-mail