Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:20 am 

go oddy wrote:
I would drill some holes in that ring for mud, small rocks and water to exit.

Yes,like these.My pilot had these on when I bought it.Havent hit anything hard yet to know whether they will hold up but I like the looks of them.

Attachments:
pilot1.JPG
pilot1.JPG [ 81.23 KiB | Viewed 985 times ]
pilot tire.jpg
pilot tire.jpg [ 141.12 KiB | Viewed 985 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:19 am 

redskinman wrote:
go oddy wrote:
I would drill some holes in that ring for mud, small rocks and water to exit.

Yes,like these.My pilot had these on when I bought it.Havent hit anything hard yet to know whether they will hold up but I like the looks of them.

Indeed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:26 pm 

Question: If you hit something hard with these rims won't you destroy the tire ??
I have aluminum rims on my oddy and my brothers has steel. We bang up the rims on almost every ride. They get straightened with a hammer :-) and a tool I made. Wish I had a bead roller unit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:07 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
And, as far as de-tuning the 670... No way no how! I love it. Just perfect IMO. It has worked excellent trail riding, and perfect in dthe dunes on my other pilot. Now I will say much more power would be silly..

Eventually I'd like to install a skidoo etec 600 efi 2 stroke. Has about the same power but better fuel economy than these old rotary valve beasts!

Was looking for an old thread of mine about my Engine csi and saw this.Do you still have this Pilot and are you still happy with the suspension?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:00 pm 

redskinman wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:
And, as far as de-tuning the 670... No way no how! I love it. Just perfect IMO. It has worked excellent trail riding, and perfect in dthe dunes on my other pilot. Now I will say much more power would be silly..

Eventually I'd like to install a skidoo etec 600 efi 2 stroke. Has about the same power but better fuel economy than these old rotary valve beasts!

Was looking for an old thread of mine about my Engine csi and saw this.Do you still have this Pilot and are you still happy with the suspension?

Yes I still have it. I've rode the hell out of it for the last few years and just recently tore it down for an RPM gearbox.

As far as how the suspension works, I am very happy with it. The bump steer is minimal if any and all the arms seem to have held up to my abuse. IMO the biggest downfall is the reusing of stock balljoints. Once they are welded to the new arms they may feel tight at first, but do not take long to end up completely trashed. I'm on the lookout for a good alternative if anyone has any suggestions.

Edit: I also wanted to add, if I did it again, I would make the rear section of the roll cage/shock hoop supports removable. It can be a pain to get the roll cage assembled with the rear section fixed in place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:30 pm 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
redskinman wrote:
nitrosport_5 wrote:

Yes I still have it. I've rode the hell out of it for the last few years and just recently tore it down for an RPM gearbox.

As far as how the suspension works, I am very happy with it. The bump steer is minimal if any and all the arms seem to have held up to my abuse. IMO the biggest downfall is the reusing of stock balljoints. Once they are welded to the new arms they may feel tight at first, but do not take long to end up completely trashed. I'm on the lookout for a good alternative if anyone has any suggestions.

Edit: I also wanted to add, if I did it again, I would make the rear section of the roll cage/shock hoop supports removable. It can be a pain to get the roll cage assembled with the rear section fixed in place.

Well excellent glad it worked out for you :-)