Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Little Sahara, Utah
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:50 pm 

Here a BLM link for Little Sahara in Utah, if it works. After you go to the site, download the PDF for a brochure, it gives quite a few details and directions.

http://www.ut.blm.gov/recsite/little.html

Speedy, you will notice that "Sand Mountain" is almost 700 feet tall. I drove thru there on the way back from California last March, mid-week, I only saw one group camped there. I think the brochure says the area is 12 mile one direction, and 10 miles across. I better start learning how to use my gps before exploring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:08 pm 

Hey! The link worked perfectly. See what comes with "maturity". :shock:

We have got to schedule a trip there ... reminds me a lot of Dumont ... maybe even a bit larger. I'm thinking late May/early June?

Anybody else? NukeEm ... are you still out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:23 pm 

I think the earlier the better, just to beat the heat. Do you have your son's schedule yet?

I don't know what happened to Nukem, with all the site changes, etc., seems like I recall something about a transfer?? There is also a guy, Taymax, who lives somewhere nearby out there.

This should be great fun, 60,000 acres of sand, hills, and trails! On the brochure it mentions 124 square miles, only a very small part of which is not included in the riding area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:20 pm 

Hey Guys, Joe just sent me the web site. Thanks Joe. I was wondering how to track you guys down. I will not leave this base until I retire(about three years). I just made my first house payment. I have 8.5 acres now and built a nice track. I am going to rent a bobcat and build some tabletops and bank some of the corners. You guys are always welcome to come up or stop in passing thru. I am very interested in a group ride the end of May begining of June. Let me know, Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:35 pm 

Easter weekend is usually the frist big weekend, in April this year. We have had alot
of snow here in Utah this year. I will find out how much may be at the dunes. It may
still be a little cold then. But by May the weather is better and if you wait tell June it cold be
very warm 90's+. When you all come you may want to stop at Rocky MTN ATV.Check them out in a Dirt wheels magizine. They are in Payson right off of I-15, easy on and off. They have very good prices on a lot of things. We call the 700 foot mountain Sand Mountain. A stock Pilot has a hard time climing it. I have not seem any, Fl 350 stock or not come close. You can camp at the base of Sand Mtn. They have bathrooms and that's it. The camp grounds are a few miles away, they do have water at them but not at every site. We usually stay at the base of the Mtn. This is where the action is at. The area has alot of room to set up. Try to get there on a week day, and pick your spot. The weekend can fill up but usually never full. It only takes about a half hour + to get back to a town for supplies if needed. When you all get ready to come I will do what ever I can to help set things up. Cj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:08 am 

Never seen a 350 even come close? Sounds like a challenge!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:20 am 

Hey Gary, glad to see you resurface again! Is your buddy still into the buggies? Did you ever get up to the Walden "dunes"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:16 pm 

Hi Jerry, Happy belated birthday to you. I drove within 5 miles of the Walden dunes while I was elk hunting last fall so I can meet up with you there sometime. Yes, Fed is still putting money in his 350. He just put a livewire ported jug and liq head/ radiator on his ody. When we put the 35mm carb on it acts like it is running out of fuel(probably float lvl adj). If you get a chance, come on up and ride my track. I have my second 350 stripped down waiting for paint. Talk to you later, Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:40 pm 

Gary, maybe we could catch up at Walden and I could try your track before or after, but it will need to warm a bit first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:10 pm 

Sounds good to me, warmer is better. Maybe Joe could make the trek across the state too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:56 pm 

Nuke Em ... remind me again where you live, I was thinking you were stationed in Wyoming for some reason.

Yeah, I might could make the trek over there sometime maybe. Hard to not want to go to WWD when they're just 2 hours from me. But, would be good to ride with "the guys" that know what's going on with these critters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:58 pm 

Gary is at Warren in Cheyene.

Hoser has talked about coming out to Utah to ride at Little Sahara and nearby areas, so here's an idea. We all meet at Nuke Em's, stop off at Walden, go on to Litttle Sahara to meet up with The Utah riders, back thru White Wash and then maybe back home.

If we could interest Litespeed and FL670, it could be a convoy and quite a trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 7:15 pm 

Interest is never the problem, it's the time thingie!

I need andvanced notice to grovel at the wifes feet!

Might even have to break out the artificial tears! LMFAO!

Well................. always works for her!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:27 pm 

Ok, the grand tour sounds pretty good to me. I probably won't make the whole thing, but I think I'm in for Little Sahara UT and White Wash. I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of the guys.

Post subject: Grand MidWest Tour...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:07 am 

Wow

I was actually thinking about this yesterday after looking thru the ride spots from Jerry's link
http://www.dunereview.com/photos.htm

I was dreaming of a trip something like...
1) Nebraska National Forest - Halsey Nebraska (Altitude 2,880 - 141,549 Acres)
2) North Sand Hills - Walden, Colorado (700 Acres)
3) Killpecker Sand Dunes - Rock Springs, Wyoming (Altitude 7,300 Feet - 11,500 Acres)
4) Little Sahara Sand Dunes - Jericho Junction, Utah (60,000 Acres)

Lets see that's only about 1000 Miles Each way from Lincoln, Nebraska

So when do we want to do it ???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:24 pm 

Dennis, we are thinking late May or early June, that is when Joe's son is going to be home. We need to get Hoser and Litespeed in on the action also.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:05 am 

FL670R wrote:
Wow

I was actually thinking about this yesterday after looking thru the ride spots from Jerry's link
http://www.dunereview.com/photos.htm

I was dreaming of a trip something like...
1) Nebraska National Forest - Halsey Nebraska (Altitude 2,880 - 141,549 Acres)
2) North Sand Hills - Walden, Colorado (700 Acres)
3) Killpecker Sand Dunes - Rock Springs, Wyoming (Altitude 7,300 Feet - 11,500 Acres)
4) Little Sahara Sand Dunes - Jericho Junction, Utah (60,000 Acres)

Lets see that's only about 1000 Miles Each way from Lincoln, Nebraska

So when do we want to do it ???

NOTICE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, This picture in the link ??

MY street legal Banshee ?? --- A handlebar mirror , A "special" brakelight, AND,,,,,,,
A squeeze bolb horn ! ! ! !

Attachments:
mybanshee1-m.jpg
mybanshee1-m.jpg [ 188.69 KiB | Viewed 2126 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:51 am 

Great site Check out this 360 view of Little Sahara, UT

WOW - Hope this works

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:53 am 

Well scratch that

Guess you'll have to go to the site and look at the movies yourselves :shock:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:08 pm 

So any more thoughts on when were going? I will be giving up a spring trip to LS to go
so want to set a date or something close for the LS trip I will be taking...

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:52 pm 

When did you guys usually go to LS, OK? I would imagine that LS, Utah should be just a little bit later in the year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:21 pm 

The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. However, the ECJ is mid April, and sooner will too cold, so it seems like May or early June. Joe Ody rider was hoping his son could get in on at least part of the trip, and I think he is due back to the States in May.