Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:47 pm 

Trying for 3 years to get my Drakart a title. DOL says no because the VIN is too short. Anyone out there that can get a title in their name, then "sell" me the title.

Sucks I have to go 6 hours to ride in Oregon because my state sucks

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:01 pm 

Why don't you just get a sticker in Oregon and then ride in your state? Most states accept other states registration.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:55 pm 

Washington doesn't allow it, got a 102.00 ticket because I'm a Washington resident.

Hate this state

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:23 pm 

If it's not titled then how do they know it's yours and you aren't just using an Oregon friends ride?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:13 am 

I have no Oregon drivers license and he told me since I'm a Washington resident I need a Washington title and tab sticker.

That's how it is here. 2nd ticket now. No way around it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:26 am 

We have had some hassles here in B.C recently too. Nobody had to register or license any ATV or dirt bike until two years ago. What a pain in the azz. They wanted papers going back to dealers. Baahahahaha. This stuff goes back 30yrs so good luck with that but I managed to get my oddies registered. Had to go to a notary, swear on a bible sign paper. Good to go. Not sure if that will help in your case, but what I read here is your serial number is to short. Well then can't you just buy a stamp kit and stamp another couple FN numbers and call it a day. That's how you bought it -- right ?? right ?? :-) . Is Drakart still in business ?? I don't think so. So how do the chimps know ?? The clowns haven't even seen a Drak or an oddy for that matter. Even the guys at my Honda dealer have said they never seen an oddy LOL. F me. I don't know, but get a few more opinions on this stamp issue from others here and lets see what everyone thinks. Even if you sold it to me and I sold it back to you the serial number thing is still the same ain't it ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:40 am 

Washington won't accept an application for a vehicle with 12 or less digits in the VIN. The lady in Olympia I talked to said if it can be titled in another state then they will accept it. But cannot be originating in Washington/oregon/california/idaho.

She told me some states will title a vehicle if it's never had one, if I can find someone to title it in their state and sell it to me, then it can be like a regular title transfer.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:26 am 

Brittabrat wrote:
Washington won't accept an application for a vehicle with 12 or less digits in the VIN. The lady in Olympia I talked to said if it can be titled in another state then they will accept it. But cannot be originating in Washington/oregon/california/idaho.

She told me some states will title a vehicle if it's never had one, if I can find someone to title it in their state and sell it to me, then it can be like a regular title transfer.

I am totally missing something here. You have a Drak. You live in Washington state. So where did you get it from ?? The previous owner must have had some papers on it -- no ?? How did the previous owner drive it with no papers ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:56 am 

I have no title for mine so I can't legally drive mine in Florida but they never check for the registration sticker as long as u pay ur 10$ to ride. Some people here register a pos 4 wheeler and just put the sticker on the vehicle they have no title for. Don't know if that's an option for you or not.
I'm wondering if you pulled the body panels off and tried to register it as a custom build,maybe stamp a new ID plate with enough numbers. Mine is just riveted on.
Alan was no help what so ever and basically called me an idiot for buying it without a title.
Good luck.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:11 pm 

Ask the DOL about getting a title for a custom off road buggy that YOU BUILT, I am sure they don't know what a DRAKART is. I remember the lady at licensing saying she has never issued a atv permit for a ODYSSEY MINI VAN before, Had too explain too her that my 85 ODYSSEY was NOT a MINI VAN.
I am sure there are a lot of custom buggies in WA state that don't have a vin#, what do they do?

Bob ::-:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:55 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Brittabrat wrote:

I am totally missing something here. You have a Drak. You live in Washington state. So where did you get it from ?? The previous owner must have had some papers on it -- no ?? How did the previous owner drive it with no papers ??

Bought it off Ebay and the state they were in just needed a form with the name, Vin and cc to get a registration sticker. DRAKART is a company that now DOES offer titles with their vehicles so when the DOL pulls up Drakart here they see a title is required. There is no way around it

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:04 pm 

badbob66 wrote:
Ask the DOL about getting a title for a custom off road buggy that YOU BUILT, I am sure they don't know what a DRAKART is. I remember the lady at licensing saying she has never issued a atv permit for a ODYSSEY MINI VAN before, Had too explain too her that my 85 ODYSSEY was NOT a MINI VAN.
I am sure there are a lot of custom buggies in WA state that don't have a vin#, what do they do?

Custom buggies must have a receipt of all materials bought, a signed bill of sale with the engines serial number and Vin that the Engine came from, and cannot have any distinguishing marks. Also when the Drakart is brought to state patrol for inspection, I would have to remove all body panels and then remove the placard on the frame and grind off the Vin number on the frame. And hope that I didn't miss anything.

Also would have to show the steps in building the buggy and proof of where all material came from. I know all this because it's what I first tried to do when I bought it.

Everyone just please trust me, I have done everything I could possibly do in this state to get a title. Also I have reached out to Alain many times over this and other things, he just tells me to buy a new buggy and that he can't help me with anything so to stop calling.

He also has my other good axle and 200.00 that was supposed to be for another axle.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:20 pm 

Brittabrat wrote:
badbob66 wrote:

Custom buggies must have a receipt of all materials bought, a signed bill of sale with the engines serial number and Vin that the Engine came from, and cannot have any distinguishing marks. Also when the Drakart is brought to state patrol for inspection, I would have to remove all body panels and then remove the placard on the frame and grind off the Vin number on the frame. And hope that I didn't miss anything.

Also would have to show the steps in building the buggy and proof of where all material came from. I know all this because it's what I first tried to do when I bought it.

Everyone just please trust me, I have done everything I could possibly do in this state to get a title. Also I have reached out to Alain many times over this and other things, he just tells me to buy a new buggy and that he can't help me with anything so to stop calling.

He also has my other good axle and 200.00 that was supposed to be for another axle.

Gotcha.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:47 am 

VIN number is to short WTF millions of illegals pouring over our open borders and they are worried about enforcing a ORV regerstration laws how about enforcing the immigration laws better shift some of the people doing regerstrations to border security.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdauDYsV71c

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:46 pm 

If you can get it registered in another state it should then be easy to get it in your state, they just want to get their tax money.
maybe contact Drakart, see what the vin should be, maybe it never had one?
If you register it as a project you should be able to use your ebay receipt for the cost.
in Cal, you have to take it to the DMV or CHP and they check the Engine number to see if it is stolen, if not then if they don't agree with the Vin number, they will assign it one.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:12 pm 

It seems that you have your mind made up.... There have been many GREAT solutions offered. Time you go talk to someone at your state capital and not guys on a forum.. And yes, I have solved similar challenges for myself ....by educating myself to the true options....

...There is no way around it...

Yet you keep asking what to do. You happen to be in law enforcement? Just sayin..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:32 pm 

Easy fix been there before. They want 12 give them 12.
Get you stamp kit and the rest behind the original.
As long as your honest and the machine is not hot. Than give them what the ask for.
Bill of sale for. Previous owner with amount and new vin number. Keep the original with the new one a d your good to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:51 pm 

methodical wrote:
It seems that you have your mind made up.... There have been many GREAT solutions offered. Time you go talk to someone at your state capital and not guys on a forum.. And yes, I have solved similar challenges for myself ....by educating myself to the true options....

...There is no way around it...

Yet you keep asking what to do. You happen to be in law enforcement? Just sayin..

That was SO HELPFUL. Thanks. After 3 years I just sat on my ass and didn't try anything. You're right, I didn't try anything that anyone has provided.

Going to put it on eBay. ((Bad Word)) this

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 am 

I think he's at the end of the rope boys. No poking.
One more suggestion here before you go postal.
Can you punch as many serial numbers in as the terrorist state demands and then sell it to your brother or friend. He then sells it back to you. Make SURE it does NOT say Drakart. Maybe something like Unknown ATV. You can put a date on his bill of sale from several years ago. You tell DMV that you don't know the seller or where he lives because it was so long ago. You could say it was an estate or yard sale at the time. Would that possibly work ??
P.S don't go to the same girl or place you tried to register it the first time so that you don't get busted.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:19 am 

I don't offer anyone legal advice but I did once netsearch out-of-state registrations in the states of Montana, South Dakota, and Vermont. At the time, all were legal to register for an out of state owner meeting certain circumstances and such. Things might have changed, this was a little while ago.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:42 pm 

I have used these guys for trailer and bike titles. http://staabagency.com/. Very easy to deal with.
PA also will register out of state ATV's pretty easily without a title and you don't need to be a resident. Find that info here
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/re ... /index.htm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:29 pm 

When I went to tag my Tazcar i went to 4 different tag agencies all telling me it could not be done, before I found someone that was willing to dig deeper into my problem, seemed no tag agency knew what to do, it was easier for them to say "you cant do it" rather than investigating some to get it done. But I finally found tag angecy where someone had the gumption to figure it out, they got on the phone with several different DOT reps to get it done, so I now have a title in my name.

Profile E-mail