Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:40 pm 

It seems like the site is ill. Posting activity is way down. Recent people needing help received few replies. I hope it is just a temporary situation. I wonder how many replies this comment will get?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:57 pm 

One :-)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:11 pm 

:-) :-) Two, you didon't have to ask LOL

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:31 pm 

It's not a tuma

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:42 pm 

Who is your Daddy and what does he do?

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm 

Even if I loose my last Ody' I'll still be here.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:33 am 

No Pilot or Ody here anymore but i still lurk and post occasionally because I have something with four dune tires and a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I wish more yall peeps lived closer to Oklahoma, you don't know what your missing at Little Sahara,Nothing in the surrounding states compares to Little Sahara to ride and is perfectly suited for pilot or Ody!! Speaking of riding i put up a post in the "rides" section for a late March or Early April ride at little Sahara

Attachments:
P1010366.JPG
P1010366.JPG [ 104.92 KiB | Viewed 716 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:53 am 

Still have a pulse and 2 FL350's. Just hibernating! :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:07 am 

stix wrote:
No Pilot or Ody here anymore but i still lurk and post occasionally because I have something with four dune tires and a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I wish more yall peeps lived closer to Oklahoma, you don't know what your missing at Little Sahara,Nothing in the surrounding states compares to Little Sahara to ride and is perfectly suited for pilot or Ody!! Speaking of riding i put up a post in the "rides" section for a late March or Early April ride at little Sahara

Eight, and that is B E A U T I F U L!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 am 

Working to hard and way to late ....total lack of energy to post. :shock:

Still Hanging on!

Bullnerd will keep the post count up!!! Come on Bullnerd.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:38 am 

Going riding all next week. Guys Oregon Dunes trip!!! Rand Man is supposed to be there!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:55 am 

LOL, I do what I can!

Don't own either but I'm a big fan. I don't post on a lot of topics because I just don't as much as most here do about them.

I stop bye here everyday to see what's happening.

I agree, its been a little slow lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:41 am 

Well its good to hear from you guys. Its all understandable. I just don't want to see members of this site loose interest. I'm here in Illinois and I live vicariously through you guys with the warm weather and miles of sand. :-) If we want to keep the site active we nee do help as much as we can. The number one thing about the site is the wealth of knowledge of guys who have been there and done that and bought one of jknarfals tee shirts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:39 am 

Duneit wrote:
Going riding all next week. Guys Oregon Dunes trip!!! Rand Man is supposed to be there!

I would have loved to have been there.... but.....

As the song goes.....

I'm goin thru the big "D" and don't mean Dallas!

Needless to say, things are a little out of whack here at my house.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:54 am 

I agree, it seems we did have a pretty good buzz, bubble, whatever you want to call it for a while there. Seems to have fizzled a bit. Did California start melting 2-strokes down to save the planet or something?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:59 am 

You can have my two strokes when you pry them from my cold dead fingers!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:36 pm 

Hoser - where have you been? I've seen a few post, but not much lately.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:46 pm 

stix wrote:
No Pilot or Ody here anymore but i still lurk and post occasionally because I have something with four dune tires and a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I wish more yall peeps lived closer to Oklahoma, you don't know what your missing at Little Sahara,Nothing in the surrounding states compares to Little Sahara to ride and is perfectly suited for pilot or Ody!! Speaking of riding i put up a post in the "rides" section for a late March or Early April ride at little Sahara

You need to bring that way out west, Glamis, Dumont, or the north west to St A. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:33 pm 

Kuma wrote:
stix wrote:
No Pilot or Ody here anymore but i still lurk and post occasionally because I have something with four dune tires and a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I wish more yall peeps lived closer to Oklahoma, you don't know what your missing at Little Sahara,Nothing in the surrounding states compares to Little Sahara to ride and is perfectly suited for pilot or Ody!! Speaking of riding i put up a post in the "rides" section for a late March or Early April ride at little Sahara

You need to bring that way out west, Glamis, Dumont, or the north west to St A. :-)
. Yes I do and trust me it's on my bucket list. I Want to get to killpecker or st A too. It will happen, just waiting on the right time. St Anthony will be first. I lurk on this site every other day so if a ride comes up ?? Who knows I might have to take a leave of absence at work to make it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:28 pm 

stix wrote:
Kuma wrote:
stix wrote:
No Pilot or Ody here anymore but i still lurk and post occasionally because I have something with four dune tires and a motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )). I wish more yall peeps lived closer to Oklahoma, you don't know what your missing at Little Sahara,Nothing in the surrounding states compares to Little Sahara to ride and is perfectly suited for pilot or Ody!! Speaking of riding i put up a post in the "rides" section for a late March or Early April ride at little Sahara

. Yes I do and trust me it's on my bucket list. I Want to get to killpecker or st A too. It will happen, just waiting on the right time. St Anthony will be first. I lurk on this site every other day so if a ride comes up ?? Who knows I might have to take a leave of absence at work to make it!

I'm heading out to Glamis, on to Nellis and Moab in November, u in Stix?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 pm 

ez71pilot wrote:
stix wrote:
Kuma wrote:
stix wrote:
No Pilot or Ody t!

Im not sure I want to drive through Denver in November in an RV, well maybe im probably just making excuses but the snow could be wicked, I would hve to get the balls in the air right now and start juggling a schedule. Let me see how my back heals after LS.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:25 pm 

rmesser wrote:
Hoser - where have you been? I've seen a few post, but not much lately.

Working 6-7 days a week 12 hrs a day...

Its winter its always slow here this time of the year?

Number of posts: 151047
Posts per day: 31.34
Number of topics: 14664
Topics per day: 3.04
Number of users: 3310
Users per day: 0.69

Some of this sites past stats in this thread if your looking for a comparison viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6076

I too feel the site is changing not sure how to describe, users come and go always have always will, I noticed at work on this current job EVERYBODY is now on their phones at breaks and lunch before and after work by a crazy amount all have some kind of online thing they do, social media, email, texting, websites of all kinds each has their own online thing they do I suspect many users here checking this site from work while on breaks.

After noticing this site changing, slowing?? I created the "Brain Power !" area viewforum.php?f=178 giving users an option to tap into this sites Brain Power and stimulate more conversation/projects not not really associated with Pilots or Odysseys but still interesting to like minded site users.

Pilots and Odysseys are losing their luster in the Off Road world they are showing their age and have been replaced with other modern ATV's eventually the Pilot Odyssey group will dwindle down to nothing? :shock:

I thought about creating other Forums or Sub Forums that might attract interest to users for example "What Did You Do To Your Pilot Or Odyssey Lately?"

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:59 pm 

stix wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
stix wrote:
Kuma wrote:
stix wrote:
No Pilot or Ody t!

Im not sure I want to drive through Denver in November in an RV, well maybe im probably just making excuses but the snow could be wicked, I would hve to get the balls in the air right now and start juggling a schedule. Let me see how my back heals after LS.

I usually go out the south route, down to Amarillo Tx west on I 10 outta Phoenix. I'll end up coming back on North route using I 70 so that might b a little dicey.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:31 am 

ez71pilot wrote:
stix wrote:
ez71pilot wrote:
stix wrote:
Kuma wrote:
stix wrote:
No Pilot or Ody t!

I usually go out the south route, down to Amarillo Tx west on I 10 outta Phoenix. I'll end up coming back on North route using I 70 so that might b a little dicey.

EZ, do you pass through El Paso TX?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:03 am 

rmesser wrote:
It seems like the site is ill. Posting activity is way down. Recent people needing help received few replies. I hope it is just a temporary situation. I wonder how many replies this comment will get?

I know compared to many on the board I'm a total newbie. That said even I noticed the down tic in traffic lately. Many of the points Hoser listed, ran across my mind also. The one that stands out though is the growing age of these machines. The odysseys and pilots are like gold in my mind, but I'm amazed every time someone comes into my shop and says, "what the hell are those, they're really neat".

As I go about explaining the coolest personal pleasure vehicle ever, many just say they never knew anything like them were ever even made. If I mention a polaris or a SxS right away there is instant acknowledgement. I've even questioned my own reasons for the work I'm doing on my oddy and pilot. I've been putting alot of work into recreating one of the 420 cc stadium race engines ((after a deal to get 2 seems to have fizzled :( ), and I'm torn with why I don't have the seld Engine installed yet.

How long and how far can we carry this legacy? How much energy and money can be thrown to the wind when many of us are part of the mature crowd with other responsibilities and limited income. The aftermarket is loaded even over loaded with parts and services for all the popular UTVs and ATVs available in this day and age. Many may want to chime in with angst about how the oddy and pilot are their life blood etc, but how far will this obsession take any of us.

Another thought is how many new challenges or problems can people have with an aged machine. I read posts for help and as much as I want to chime in, I think this sounds like something the owner needs to go step by step and figure out for their particular machine. I will glady help any and all who also help themselves. I just wonder how much more there is to post?

Long and short of it, I personally will be hanging here till the day there is no here, I didn't like when the site went down, felt like I lost a friend.

Profile E-mail