Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Works
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:30 pm 

Shutting down what I heard yesterday. Closing their doors.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Works
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:31 am 

I went to works 2 weeks ago to have a pair of shocks made for the ody and yep they are closed.... looks like I'm gonna try some fox shocks now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:18 pm 

Well now, it looks like the only replacement shock is Fox Air 2.0 part number 980-02-013.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:46 pm 

Well that's a bummer! Looks like guys with a spare set of works lying around just hit the lottery!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:22 pm 

Wonder what happen and why they closed.

Bet it was not because their prices were so low cant see how they could loose money rebuilding shocks either after seeing prices charged.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:06 pm 

hoser wrote:
Wonder what happen and why they closed.

Bet it was not because their prices were so low cant see how they could loose money rebuilding shocks either after seeing prices charged.

Quality issues?

I changed over to the Fox Air 2.0's because I snapped a Heim joint at about 5mph and the bottom of the Works shock shaft snapped like a twig.

I also found it rather cheezy that you had to leave the top shock mounting bolt loose enough to allow the top of the shock to pivot! Poor design as far as I am concerned.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:20 pm 

I talked to the gentleman there and he said that there was 2 owners of the place, 1 owner died a couple years back and there is some kind of dispute between the 2 parties now so they had to shut the doors. Hopefully they can resolve and resume business. But the outcome doesn't look good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:40 pm 

toby wrote:
I talked to the gentleman there and he said that there was 2 owners of the place, 1 owner died a couple years back and there is some kind of dispute between the 2 parties now so they had to shut the doors. Hopefully they can resolve and resume business. But the outcome doesn't look good.

Sounds like they had a great business plan, shame, plenty of other shocks companies ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:47 pm 

toby wrote:

Not good. Now several people will be without a job.
This is just another reason why the Chinamen are burying our azz's. Everyone is always quick to start a fight here. Nobody wants to work together for our common good. Many bosses got no skills and a real big mouth. Many workers blow pay day Fridays or yap on the phone when they should be working.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 pm 

This isn't good i may need one piece still

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:25 pm 

Called the number on the website today, to my surprise a man named Tim answered. Said they are now "Works Shocks" and "Works Performance" had closed. They opened 10/09 and are working on restocking parts and inventory. They are still offering shocks for pilots and odysseys and they are still doing repairs/rebuilds. I'm supposed to receive a call back from Ed the repair tech some time. Just thought I'd let everyone know the good news.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:23 pm 

mforbes wrote:
Called the number on the website today, to my surprise a man named Tim answered. Said they are now "Works Shocks" and "Works Performance" had closed. They opened 10/09 and are working on restocking parts and inventory. They are still offering shocks for pilots and odysseys and they are still doing repairs/rebuilds. I'm supposed to receive a call back from Ed the repair tech some time. Just thought I'd let everyone know the good news.

That is great news! Thanks for letting us know

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 pm 

mforbes wrote:

I hope the new owners are smart enough to get their engineers to fix the "cheezy" things Rand was talking about. If any business owner has more than one functioning brain cell then they will see a customer complaint as an opportunity to perfect their product. This will eventually lead them to the top spot. The way I see it, a worker or customer who bitches is your best guy and NOT a trouble maker. All the boss has to do is say "you don't say -- tell me more" and the big mouth will yap his face off and tell you everything that is wrong. All the boss has to do is have enough sense to listen and then pick out all the good stuff and fix it.
If I was ever a boss I would have weekly bitch meetings. Nothing would be off topic. I would ask each operator what his #1 problem was and fix it. Only one problem per station would be fixed per week. My money says production would climb to the heavens soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:14 pm 

If Works would put a Heim joint in the top just like the bottom and beef up the bottom threaded area of the center shaft, I would become a Works fan again. Having to put a plastic busing in the top mount and then leaving it loose just kills me!

They ride fantastic but don't hold up well to any kind of abuse. The center shock shaft snapped on mine when my rear swing arm Heim joint snapped. I was traveling at less than 5 mph.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 pm 

Just read this post, I read the string back to 10-9. They reopened with new owners? That’s great news, the number is still the same?

Thanks
Mike

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:00 am 

Randman wrote:
If Works would put a Heim joint in the top just like the bottom and beef up the bottom threaded area of the center shaft, I would become a Works fan again. Having to put a plastic busing in the top mount and then leaving it loose just kills me!

They ride fantastic but don't hold up well to any kind of abuse. The center shock shaft snapped on mine when my rear swing arm Heim joint snapped. I was traveling at less than 5 mph.

Rand

Might be something to call and let Tim know Rand. Also yes the number is the same.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:46 am 

I’ll give them a ring Monday. I have to rebuild my rear works shocks. Before they hated to just sell the parts I’ll report back with what answer I get from them. Thanks again for the info!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:41 pm 

MGurgone40 wrote:
I’ll give them a ring Monday. I have to rebuild my rear works shocks. Before they hated to just sell the parts I’ll report back with what answer I get from them. Thanks again for the info!

Let me know, I have a rear set that needs to be rebuilt also

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 am 

Will do

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:03 pm 

Okay - sorry for my long delay! I got around to calling what they called Works Shocks, it sounds like they are re-opening, I’m supposed to get a call from one of the techs tomorrow (Tim-I think he was a former works performance employee). After I speak with him I will clue the site in on what I’m told. I’m planning on doing a shock rebuild, and it sounded like they have all the old parts and are willing to sell and ship that product immediately.
-

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:04 pm 

Okay so I did talk with Tim from “works shocks”. They are going to reopen, in a sense they already are, but just not to full capacity yet. They do own the old stock of parts, they do have all the old customer information (he even told me what I had purchased from them in the past). They are able to supply parts, and also offer rebuilding services for their stuff. Tim was more then happy to help me, either obtain the parts needed for my rebuild, or rebuild them at their new place. He said they would be fully operational by the end of the month.

Picture attached has their telephone number.

Attachments:
24BF9264-CFD6-4C66-A714-3D7466D2C084.png
24BF9264-CFD6-4C66-A714-3D7466D2C084.png [ 116.84 KiB | Viewed 844 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:00 am 

MGurgone40 wrote:
Okay so I did talk with Tim from “works shocks”. They are going to reopen, in a sense they already are, but just not to full capacity yet. They do own the old stock of parts, they do have all the old customer information (he even told me what I had purchased from them in the past). They are able to supply parts, and also offer rebuilding services for their stuff. Tim was more then happy to help me, either obtain the parts needed for my rebuild, or rebuild them at their new place. He said they would be fully operational by the end of the month.

Picture attached has their telephone number.

Thanks very much for the updates.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:18 am 

Of course sorry it took me so long to get the calls into those guys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:27 pm 

So are they open or closed roflmao

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:38 pm 

Update: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17883

Profile E-mail