Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hurracane Irma
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:27 pm 

So I'm north enough we won't see much activity here. Im high n dry so flooding isnt a issue for me and as long a a 100' pine tree dose not come through the house im good. Still got 50 gallons of gasoline for the generator ( I use 6.5 gallons a day between my house and my moms) and some extra deisel for my tractor just to be safe. Everyone else is running around like roaches when u turn the lights on. Everywhere Is sold out of bottled water. There was a line of people at Walmart to get bottled water last night and must have been 100 people lined up. Another Walmart in town had a two mile long line of cars just waiting to get in the parking lot.
A year ago No one would have lifted a finger to prepare.
Hope our other Florida members here are OK and if any of u guys need somewhere to go anyone is welcome here.
P.S BYOB

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Hurracane Irma
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:20 pm 

Good luck to you and anyone else in the path.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:55 pm 

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:02 pm 

I'm in west palm hoping for an early turn north.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:54 pm 

Great post! Hoping you and your family All stay safe.
Mike

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:10 am 

Well the media has conditioned everyone to think it's going to be bad then it's not so no one worries about it anymore. :shock:
Irma looks pretty bad and I see no reason to take it lightly,yes it might miss Fla but if it doesnt it's not going to be good.,better safe then sorry.
I'm in Houston,just went thru one,they are not worth sticking around for,the destruction is so bad.Luckily my house,my daughters,and my moms were somehow spared.Water came within 8' of my house,had me worried sick.My work{jewelry store} unfortunately did not survive,whole strip center under water.Store has to be completely rebuilt and no one had flood insurance,not in a flood zone and never ever ever thought water would reach where it did.Will be out of work for a while,have filed for unemployment :(
Good luck and prayers to everyone in Fla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:47 am 

Sorry for you're losses but glad you and yours are all well.
Looks like it's really going to do some damage to a lot of the state. There are no predictions for it to come close to Tallahassee ,at least not the hurricane winds but u never know.
Appears a lot of people are trying to get out so hopefully loss of life will be minimal.
My offer stands even if anyone just need a place to drop a trailer ect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:53 pm 

Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the storms paths.

Mom lives in Estero Florida she refuses to evacuate... Its not looking good for her area I see a trip to Florida in my near future.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:55 pm 

redskinman wrote:
Well the media has conditioned everyone to think it's going to be bad then it's not so no one worries about it anymore. :shock:
Irma looks pretty bad and I see no reason to take it lightly,yes it might miss Fla but if it doesnt it's not going to be good.,better safe then sorry.
I'm in Houston,just went thru one,they are not worth sticking around for,the destruction is so bad.Luckily my house,my daughters,and my moms were somehow spared.Water came within 8' of my house,had me worried sick.My work{jewelry store} unfortunately did not survive,whole strip center under water.Store has to be completely rebuilt and no one had flood insurance,not in a flood zone and never ever ever thought water would reach where it did.Will be out of work for a while,have filed for unemployment :(

Sorry to hear about your damage I hope your life returns back to normal soon been texting TurboTexas off and on he seem to escape personal damage and last I heard was hauling for FEMA.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:46 am 

hoser wrote:
redskinman wrote:

Sorry to hear about your damage I hope your life returns back to normal soon been texting TurboTexas off and on he seem to escape personal damage and last I heard was hauling for FEMA.

Hate to say it hoser but "Get her the Hell Out of There!"

Pilotman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:47 am 

hoser wrote:

Mom lives in Estero Florida she refuses to evacuate... Its not looking good for her area I see a trip to Florida in my near future.

Pilotman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:41 pm 

Pilotman wrote:
hoser wrote:

Pilotman

Tried, she will never leave her place for a storm, millions of others feel the same way. See what she says tomorrow now the storm is heading more her way and storm surge could reach 5-10'

News shows evacuation routes are parking lots probably way too late now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:36 am 

Took all day but convinced my mom to leave in the morning.
Like I told her I don't think it will be bad here but if it is I'll have my hands full and one less person to worry about will make my life easier. She let me know she she was only leaving because I'm pushing her to. Told her I'd rather her be pissed then dead. She's in her late 70's and still thinks she's 40.
If it looks really bad I'll send the wife off with the dogs but I'm here to stay.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:43 am 

This is for Hoser , if coming in a rv I'd tow a car or truck not a trailer. Even though main roads are cleared pretty quick side streets and developments will be more challenging. A car or truck would give u more mobility as opposed to trying to slither through with a rv and trailer. Can park the rv where ever u can and drive what u tow.

This is just my opinion.

Also people are going to be pouring into Florida as soon as they can. You may want to start down soon or u will be stuck in bumper to bumper traffic all the way through Florida.
I'm 3 miles from I10 and it was bumper to bumper yesterday and traffic in town was packed since people were coming from south Florida anyway they can.
Flying J ,and Pilot at my exit were packed with trucks and rvs and the rest areas east and west on I10 were both packed.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:19 am 

Hope everyone is safe, thoughts & prayers sent out to all effected.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 am 

And now comes the looting.
Water and food are survival,,tennis shoes are looting.

I'd give anyone anything they needed. Try to take my property and I'll shoot first as I'm sure most would.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:07 pm 

Mom still running off generator they say power will not be restored until 22nd she has been staying at friends so she has AC

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 pm 

hoser wrote:
Mom still running off generator they say power will not be restored until 22nd she has been staying at friends so she has AC

well that sucks but her house must have made it ok so that's good

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:28 pm 

Mom said power restored today but has already went off a few times but she was able to run the AC a few hrs and cool house off a bit.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:46 am 

My brother clears trees from power lines for a living in southern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. His crew drove down to Florida the Friday night before the storm hit to help clear the way for the linemen to do there work. I have got a lot of respect for all the workers from all over the country that packed up and left their family's to help fellow Americans in need. Cheers to those guys!

Profile E-mail