Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:56 am 

I started this second Hurricane Irma thread so when the storm hits those who are still in Florida hey can update this thread as to whats going on mainly so I can get a feel what parts of Florida still have Power, Gas, Land Line Phone Service, Cell Phone Service, Internet, Gasoline available.

I don't trust the news I would like to hear real world feedback on conditions so when shit hits the fan in your area PLEASE update this thread with the info, as it looks when I created this post I will be going to South West Florida soon after the storm, current conditions will dictate how I travel to Florida right now I am assuming I will take my RV and enclosed trailer so I can carry materials mom might need that are sold out in her area.

If your riding the storm out or having a Hurricane Party please post here then update your post by finding your post in this thread clicking the Edit button in your post. When you stop updating we can assume the time you lost power or internet was your last update.

Your updates will be helpful to others and hopefully help pass the time. Thoughts and prayers going out to all those in the path of Irma and Jose that is a Category 4 hurricane following Irma..

Thanks

Oh please use the other Thread to post other info well wishes etc. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17600&start=0

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:02 am 

Example reply.

Last talked to mom she lives in the South Ft Myers Florida area Estero to be more precise still has the essentials power phone internet at 4am 9-9-17 CST

1pm 9-10-17 last heard from mom 1:05pm gust and rain.
NOTE: after hours of nagging mom she move to a friends condo in Ft Myers they are on the 3rd floor but the parking lot is only 6' above seal level so her Blazer could end up under 10' water still predicting up to 15' Storm Surge for that area if the worse case happens she left her pickup truck at her house that is 14' above sea level so again in worse case she is going to lose 2 houses, contents and both autos. All news channels still saying up up 15' Storm Surge (water level above ground level) for her area.

4:30pm CST 9-10-17
She still has cell service and power but says sky color changing to dark gray and winds slowing
Pic from off balcony
Attachment:
20170910_172530.jpeg
20170910_172530.jpeg [ 37.83 KiB | Viewed 413 times ]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:14 am 

We're just north of Orlando and will be staying in place.

9/9/17, 9am
The latest forecast for us is 60 mph winds (down from the 110 that was predicted for us yesterday), 6-12 inches of rain.
Looks like a normal day outside to me.

9/10/17 10am
Light to moderate rain, no winds. All still normal. "before" picture added. Lets just hope one of the big trees don't come down on my house

9/10/17 6pm
The outer edge is arriving. Heavy rain, steady winds, with 40 mph gusts. Still have power. Lost a few small limbs and palm fronds. The peak of the storm is still 8 hours away.

9/10/17 9pm.
The storm is here for sure. Constant winds 50 to 60 mph with much higher gusts. Rain is very heavy, electricity is off and on... lots of stuff hitting the roof. Pool over flowing. will update at midnight if possible

9/10/17 10:30 pm Last update for the night. Still heavy wind and rain. Gusts are crazy. Lost power for good. Will assess everything when it's daylight

9/11/17 5:00 pm, We got lucky...power just came back on. (our subdivision backs up to one that is full of the super wealthy, so of course our area is 1st on the list to get power back.. woo hoo gotta love that). Lots of trees and limbs down. Much worse than I expected. We had sustained winds of about 60 through the night with gust to 80. I had 2 trees come down and took out a fence, hundreds of branches covering the yard. I heard several parts of the city are flooded and many are with out power, 75%+ in the our county (Seminole). I took a drive around saw no flooding and all main roads were passable (but many still covered in debris). We will be back to normal in a week, I would expect the farther south you go the worse it will be.

Attachments:
9-10-17 001.jpg
9-10-17 001.jpg [ 35.51 KiB | Viewed 430 times ]
File comment: inside looking out... beginning to get nasty out
9-10-17 003.jpg
9-10-17 003.jpg [ 33.43 KiB | Viewed 408 times ]
File comment: inside looking out after
9-11-17 2.jpeg
9-11-17 2.jpeg [ 73.17 KiB | Viewed 379 times ]
File comment: After... the clean up begins
9-11-17.jpg
9-11-17.jpg [ 52.84 KiB | Viewed 379 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:49 pm 

Tallahassee 3:45pm. Over cast and windy for about 2 hours now 81 degrees.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:33 pm 

Tallahassee 7:30pm. Windy 81 degrees

4:52 am heavy rain all night with moderate winds.
Can hear dead trees cracking and falling in the woods.
Have not lost electric at but family in town lost it for a bit last night.

8:00 am
Heavy wind gusts. Pine trees swaying like blades of grass. Walked through the woods and could hear numerous loud deep cracking not far off.

8:36am. Lost electric. Winds are picking up more and seem more steady.

12:00 pm worst is past us. No notable damage. Still no electric and that may be a bit but got the generator running playing video games.
8pm. Power is back up and life goes on.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 84.63 KiB | Viewed 457 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:18 am 

Wishing you guys the VERY best. Hoser is right about the news. Weathermen standing in Hotel parking lot drain swails with camera positioned to capture the billowing palm trees. No disaster = no ratings.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 am 

John l wrote:
Wishing you guys the VERY best. Hoser is right about the news. Weathermen standing in Hotel parking lot drain swails with camera positioned to capture the billowing palm trees. No disaster = no ratings.
I'm the first one to say ''It's almost criminal how they hype up hurricanes'' but there was real damage on the west coast, and parts of the keys. This was looking like the most powerful hurricane since Andrew. 185 mph winds leave nothing but rubble.

Thankfully, my house is on the east coast and suffered no damage.

Sorry if this comment doesn't fit the theme of this thread. Feel free to delete this post if necessary.