Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Picked these up today
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:14 pm 

Nabbed these at an auction today. I've been buying at auctions for 20 years now and this place was a joke. Just crazy. But I got a bunch of stuff on the cheap and nabbed these for 200$ each. One has 1600 hours the other has no hour meter.
I have a 4wd 6 wheeled one but for 200$ I'll be keeping one of these.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 48.9 KiB | Viewed 661 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:22 pm 

Nice buy, congrats!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:28 pm 

Also got a big metal working machine that has a sheer a punch and a press to bend 5" v bends in steel. Paid 1$ I better stop there I don't want to brag too much.
What the hell. Got two big vertical band saws but the whole saw assemblies are on a sliding track. I don't have a pic and will be Monday before I can get one. Oh they were 1$ each.80 brand new in the box aluminum street signs 1$

I'll stop now.
Thank you though.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:36 pm 

:shock: Holy crap you did make a haul, Congrats again! I really need to start hitting some auctions. lol..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:41 pm 

This was a fluke. They had an ass backwards operation and it just worked out for me. Had to fight people trying to Chang my bids on items I won to there's. Had one guy rob me of over 30 restaurant shelves by putting his number on my stuff after the auction.
Any way this don't happen often and belive me I was needing a good hit.
Really don't want to sound braggy ,,I had a good day and was anxious to share.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:35 pm 

Good for you.. We all need one in the win column now and then... Doesn't sound braggadocious at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:39 pm 

Thank you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:52 pm 

Agreed - nice win

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:27 pm 

Drug home 5 16' trailer loads today.
Oil looks new. Batteries look newer ,hope I can get them to hold a charge axles and suspension all well greased and tight
Both beds have rust but a bed liner can cover that up.4 tires look new. 4 tires are at 50%. All in all nice tight machines. Will try to run them tomorrow.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 90.84 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 66.52 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 85.28 KiB | Viewed 594 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:33 pm 

Here are a few more for ya

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 101.18 KiB | Viewed 593 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 91.17 KiB | Viewed 593 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 69.42 KiB | Viewed 593 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 61.62 KiB | Viewed 593 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 79.84 KiB | Viewed 593 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 80.42 KiB | Viewed 593 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:38 pm 

Only thing that cost more than 2$ was the gas oven/griddle. It cost me 125$.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 77.61 KiB | Viewed 592 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 62.09 KiB | Viewed 592 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 93.22 KiB | Viewed 592 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 90.21 KiB | Viewed 592 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:06 pm 

OMFG !! Your wife must be ready to cut your balls off.
What are you going to do with all that poo ??
Looks like you got a score on that metal working machine though. It looks like there is a hole punch, flat bar shear and an angle iron shear there. Something that would only be used in an industrial shop.
Not sure what those red machines are based on those pics.
Nice score on the John deere's.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:14 pm 

Sell it ,scrap it or cut metal off to use for other projects. That's nothing. I have what I call a man yard. Men love it and women fear it. Might look like poo but about 7k on the trailer with the metal machine.
I wanted to keep the metal working machine but it's worth to much for me to just keep. Those were the wife's words.
The red machines are AC recovery units.
The band saws have me puzzled the way they slide. I may have to keep one of them if I can figure out there use.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:16 pm 

So it shears angle iron. I was thinking to bend it, cutting is cooler. A fitting on the cylinder is broke so I'll have to fix that before anything.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:27 pm 

Need an air compressor , pressure fryer,open fryer. This is one very small part of my yard. I tell people when u deal in shit u better have a bunch of it. Awesome when I want to build something

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 91.57 KiB | Viewed 583 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 89.34 KiB | Viewed 583 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 99.14 KiB | Viewed 583 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 94.03 KiB | Viewed 583 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 61.93 KiB | Viewed 583 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:55 pm 

Didn't realize I won this until today. 2001 5400 miles. From the scratches on the tank it looks like it was laid over and then parts were removed for other bikes. Missing fuel bowl , ignition module. Foot pegs,shifter and brake and clutch levers.

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 78.03 KiB | Viewed 557 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:13 pm 

That's an Iron worker, very cool machine and worthy of being inside a shop. Cuts steel like butta!

The band saws are Roll-in band saws. Push that lever down and the blade moves back, clamp your work to the table and let the handle up and it gravity feeds through the work. Can also be used as a traditional band saw, but they are too low to work at for long. I had the same exact one in a shop I worked in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:30 am 

A friend of mine who used to build trailers started drooling the second he saw the iron worker. He used to have one and it went when he sold the business. He was telling me some of the cool things u could do with it if u had the know how. Made me want to keep it even more but unfortunately that's the curse I live with, I get to have cool things for as long as it takes to sell. I had a rebar bender last month. Would bend solid steel rods like nothing. I bent over 100 3/4" rods at different angles and bends for future projects because I knew it was not gonna be mine for long. It would bend 2 rods at once like it was nothing.
I'll have to check the saws out,I'm sure the wife will let me keep one. Not that she's a ball and chain, more my accountant. I'm not gonna front, I need the money more than some things I may find awesome.
So I ended up with 6 trailer loads. Three truck bed and back seat loads and one load in the back of a Trailblazer. Ended up with tons of stuff. I've only focused on the big cool stuff in this post but there was way more. My total bill was only 1240$ at a real auction I would of had to spend 6k.

So on another note I sure became unpopular at the ware house. I'm used to other buyers hating me, they all do,you would too in an auction setting but the people who run the auctions love me because I buy a lot of stuff and make them money. Well they have had such a corrupt system for years ( friends and family buying stuff for next to nothing) and i busted that up. I had about 6 people come up to me wanting to work with me to split stuff up so everyone could get stuff cheap. This is nothing new to me. My standard response is i don't share and i don't play well with others. Some times i explaine that that is called colusion and is a federal offence. Neither of those responses win me friends. I'm not there to be ur friend.
I'm not like that in every day life but I have to be like that at auctions. I actually had to hone my Ass personality and over the last 20 Years I got it down pretty good.
The head boss can't get enough suggestions from me for the next sale but everyone else was just an ass,except for the one white guy who worked there and he is on there shit list for being friendly with me. I feel like I'm in high school again and I'm still not a cool kid. Fortunately for me I don't care. You don't have to like me for me to do my job.
I think I've beaten this post to death. I tend to get long winded. (Talk alot)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:57 am 

Better to be a good businessman than a "cool kid".
Keep crushing them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 am 

Maybe Mike & Frank will stop by and visit you someday. You're growing a "honey hole" there, man! lol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:46 am 

My buddy who used to build trailers is now an auctioneer and pawn shop owner. He was contacted by the show pickers about 5 years ago and asked me about mentioning me. I said no way. I don't want to promote what I do. I've given u guys more of a look at what I do then anyone except my closest friends.
The storage auction shows ruined the storage auctions. The shows are set up and people think all storage units are full of guns and gold. People watch a few shows and come out to the auctions and pay 1500$ for a 300$ unit. They don't come back but there are always 3 more to replace them. People used to come out to a few sales and get a feel for what stuff sells for but now they watched a tv show so thwy know it all. Tax time is the worst. People just can't wait to throw there money away. U just run them up and dump it on them hoping u don't get stuck with it.

Storage sales are a good place to get deals though. I only say this because none of u are close enough to me to be an issue.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:53 am 

FloridaEdd wrote:
So on another note I sure became unpopular at the ware house. I'm used to other buyers hating me, they all do,you would too in an auction setting but the people who run the auctions love me because I buy a lot of stuff and make them money. Well they have had such a corrupt system for years ( friends and family buying stuff for next to nothing) and i busted that up. I had about 6 people come up to me wanting to work with me to split stuff up so everyone could get stuff cheap. This is nothing new to me. My standard response is i don't share and i don't play well with others. Some times i explaine that that is called colusion and is a federal offence. Neither of those responses win me friends. I'm not there to be ur friend.
I'm not like that in every day life but I have to be like that at auctions. I actually had to hone my Ass personality and over the last 20 Years I got it down pretty good.

Damn I think I could get to like you. I like that attitude as I have the same one at any job I have. If you don't like the way I do my job you can FN fix it yourself and I will go get another job. I don't get paid to argue or listen to stupid supervisors. Get out of my way. I quit one job 3 times but for some reason they always hired me back when I came crawling back. Funny how at some places you are scum and at others you are a living legend and hero.
As for the federal offence called collusion, may be we should look at the gas prices on all of our local pumps. Funny how the price is exactly the same at every station. Hummmmm. And it's crap that blows engines too :-) .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:49 am 

Nowadays i find people respond to kindness as stupidity. It's hard to be nice to people when they read it as weekends. In my every day life I want to be liked,I think most do but I don't change my views or beliefs ( or lack there of ) to fit in. I'm just me,this is it,don't get no better and after enough alcohol it may get worse.
Yes CO I think u and I are not that different at all.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:29 pm 

FloridaEdd wrote:
Nowadays i find people respond to kindness as stupidity. It's hard to be nice to people when they read it as weekends. In my every day life I want to be liked,I think most do but I don't change my views or beliefs ( or lack there of ) to fit in. I'm just me,this is it,don't get no better and after enough alcohol it may get worse.
Yes CO I think u and I are not that different at all.

Yup you are right. I just pulled the pin on the "job" I had in the big city tearing down a foundry.
Just got home with my tools.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:47 pm 

I've quite jobs at the drop of the hat,but that's the wiring in my head. When the switch flips I'm done and do like u,,go home.

So I went and picked up some keys for the gators today.
Battery charged up added gas,the tank was empty and turned the key and nothing. Found a kill switch flipped it and it spun over good and sounded like good compression but nothing. Pulled the carb drain plug and got turpentine out.
Pulled the carb and cleaned it out. Full of that black nasty gunk. Slow and fast jets were clogged. Bolted it back up and started right up.
Drove it around the yard before I hit the road ,well the grass shoulder ,and drove about 3 miles. Did great. I have no issues except a leaking left front tire.
Took it next door to my mom's and she is gonna get the other one. Well she asked if she could borrow mine and belive me it's just easier to give her one.
The other one was parked nose down. Water puddles in the front of the bed and caused rust. Well the water ran down and rotted the steel plate that the Engine mounts to. Just the very edge but the edge that is welded to the chassis. No big deal a 3x2 sheet of steel will fix that right up but I'm gonna do that before I even attempt to start, motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) actully looks a tad slanted. I have no doubt it runs.
Was thinking I might have a decent project to post on but I got nothing. I will add a winch but that's about it. Oh and a stereo gotta have my Metallica.

Profile E-mail