Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pictures
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:02 am 

What's going on with some of the pictures sometimes on this site ??
It says " photobucket please update your acct ".
What the F*** is that ??

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pictures
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 am 

I think it works like this..... some people use an account called Photo Bucket instead of saving pictures directly to their computer. If the account is not kept active or possible shared, it doesn't allow pictures to be viewed.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:05 am 

I don't see how that would be beneficial to anybody.
Why not just keep pictures on your computer ??
Do they charge money to keep your pictures in the cloud ??
I don't get it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 am 

Another forum I frequent you have to use a picture hosting site. I don't know why it would be that way but that's why I had a photo bucket account.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:49 am 

What FE said. A lot of sites require you to use a hosting site, cant upload direct to the site server like here.

Photo bucket WAS the largest FREE hosting site, something like a billion users.

Then out of the blue, they decided to charge all users $400/yr. or something close to that, to be able to use your pictures on a third party site.

That's why if you go to almost every forum now, the pic links are broken.

A LOT of pissed of people over this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 pm 

Ahh I understand now.
Well no one should be surprised that they now charge money, we don't live in a communist society.
How did we know that was gona happen. Hope everyone had their pictures backed up to their computer.
Putting things in the cloud is just a scam. I believe "cloud" is code word for CIA headquarters. What a great way for the terrorist state to keep tabs on everyone. "Facebook" is code for FBI.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:29 pm 

Photobucket fix. Copy and pasted.[/quote]Hi all, just read this on another forum and wanted to share it here as pictures are so important to sharing info about our hobby. I just copied the post so here it is and it seems to work with firefox for me.
Fix for seeing Photobucket pics

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result. [/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:04 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
What FE said. A lot of sites require you to use a hosting site, cant upload direct to the site server like here.

Then out of the blue, they decided to charge all users $400/yr. or something close to that, to be able to use your pictures on a third party site.

This is why I painstakingly installed the "Attachment Mod" to PHPBB (this site) years ago then it took me like 10 hours to get it to work then days over the years spent on tweaking it to work the way I like, things like resizing the pictures the way it displays and locates them on the screen etc. Now installing the Attachment Mod would only take a few minutes with the advancement of PHPBB

I have always encouraged users to attach their pictures to their post so the pictures are archived here on the site this is also good for when or if a user loses their pictures at home or on another hosting site they can come back here find their pics download them.

Currently we have about 54,695 attachments occupying about 10.48 GiB of drive space

Number of posts: 154804
Posts per day: 30.61
Number of topics: 15025
Topics per day: 2.97
Number of users: 3433
Users per day: 0.68
Number of attachments: 54695
Attachments per day: 10.82
Board started: 16 Dec 2003 01:40 pm
Size of posted attachments: 10.48 GiB

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:47 pm 

bullnerd wrote:

Yep they got me. I had thousands of pics stored on photo bucket of most of my projects that I can no longer get to. They say I can still access them but every time I try my computer locks up from the 99000 adds they have playing and it logs me out. lately I have been using Postimage which is another free site. I wouldn't mind paying but not 400 a year. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:54 pm 

rarerat wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

Yep they got me. I had thousands of pics stored on photo bucket of most of my projects that I can no longer get to. They say I can still access them but every time I try my computer locks up from the 99000 adds they have playing and it logs me out. lately I have been using Postimage which is another free site. I wouldn't mind paying but not 400 a year. :shock:

Are those pictures not copyrighted because the belong to you ??
How can they use them or keep them ??
It's private property isn't it ??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 pm 

I don't know? They are not telling me I cant get to them but every time I try I the first page will come up and them when I try to move to the next it logs me out and my computer locks up, so something is going on. Like I say I understand they are a business & nothing is free. I wouldn't mind paying for their service but how do you go from a free to 400 bucks a year? I'm not making money off the pics, they are just for my personal memories or to share with friends, so they are way to expensive for me. I guess if i loose them I loose them, it's just sad they sprung this on all of us a couple of months back with zero warning.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:37 pm 

rarerat wrote:
I guess if i loose them I loose them, it's just sad they sprung this on all of us a couple of months back with zero warning.

Well they are obviously been run now by professional criminals. They were smart enough not to give anyone notice because they knew everyone would just pull their pics and then they would be screwed. Right now they hope enough people would want their pics bad enough to pay the ransom. Once the money starts to dwindle to zero they will close up shop.
That's exactly what the one medical provider did. They were the only ones to supply this special kind of pill and then this wall street gangster bought the company and raised the price something like 1000% per pill. He said pay or die. I think the goof is in jail now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:00 pm 

I was just looking around on minibuggy.
Found this: http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/minibugg ... -stop.html
I very very rarely go there because I find the site hard to navigate, and there is no real or recent stuff for oddy's, but I do check it like once a year. Ya never know.
Maybe the above link will have a solution. Not sure. If any solution is found ya better get your stuff off that gangster site.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 pm 

Hey Rat, I'm pretty sure you should still able to view your pics, you just have to get through all the ads, mine does that too. In fact it has been getting slower and slower for a couple years.

I think you can view them, and I've read that you can save them back to your computer, you just cant third party post them. But I didn't try it and I doubt it will work.

Here's the thing, They used to run ads to pay for users to store pics there, makes sense. Sooo why are the ads still there if members are now paying for it? Actually I wonder if anyone is paying for it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
Hey Rat, I'm pretty sure you should still able to view your pics, you just have to get through all the ads, mine does that too. In fact it has been getting slower and slower for a couple years.

I think you can view them, and I've read that you can save them back to your computer, you just cant third party post them. But I didn't try it and I doubt it will work.

Here's the thing, They used to run ads to pay for users to store pics there, makes sense. Sooo why are the ads still there if members are now paying for it? Actually I wonder if anyone is paying for it?

Yeah I need to spend some time and see if I can figure out whats going on. I can still bring up my account and see my albums, but when I try to get past the first or second page my computer locks up or it logs me out. When I log back in, it seems the same cycle starts all over again. Most of the pics on the first couple of pages are still on my computer, it's the pics that are father into the albums I would like to get back but can never seem to get to.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:23 am 

Yep, I am a heavy forum user on many sites. So photobucket was cool. I only used it for hosting and always stored them locally as well. $10 per month is worth it, but not $800 per year. Yes the pix are still available to me, but not for others to see. Photo bucket was really simple to use and you could do direct loads from your phone, etc. The price is bad but the way the did the change, overnite with no warning was horrible. A terrible thing. Millions of pix on the web were killed. Many education sites died. Shameful. I will try to direct upload some of my pix back when I get a chance. This forum is nice and lets you upload a lot of pix. Many forums don't do this so you are stuck using hosting sites.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:58 am 

"Many education sites died"

Shoot! Never even thought about that! I was only thinking recreational users, Not professional! That sucks!

I posted some pics from PB to desert rangers last night and it still worked. Strange.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:14 pm 

hoser wrote:
bullnerd wrote:

This is why I painstakingly installed the "Attachment Mod" to PHPBB (this site) years ago then it took me like 10 hours to get it to work then days over the years spent on tweaking it to work the way I like, things like resizing the pictures the way it displays and locates them on the screen etc. Now installing the Attachment Mod would only take a few minutes with the advancement of PHPBB

I have always encouraged users to attach their pictures to their post so the pictures are archived here on the site this is also good for when or if a user loses their pictures at home or on another hosting site they can come back here find their pics download them.

Currently we have about 54,695 attachments occupying about 10.48 GiB of drive space

Number of posts: 154804
Posts per day: 30.61
Number of topics: 15025
Topics per day: 2.97
Number of users: 3433
Users per day: 0.68
Number of attachments: 54695
Attachments per day: 10.82
Board started: 16 Dec 2003 01:40 pm
Size of posted attachments: 10.48 GiB

Update
Number of posts: 158088