Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Dream Realized
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:51 am 

You guys know my struggles this past year. I always appreciated those on this site that offered suggestions or moral support. I have definitely learned a lot and made mistakes with the old Honda's. Yesterday, I finally took both the Pilots north for a ride. The normally groomed, smooth, "route" was completely tore up by the SXS's and had continuous large frozen studder bumps. It just got cold here the last few days and I didn't expect the ground to be frozen like cement. I broke two GoPro mounts and lost 1 camera with video on it but recovered the second. My son said jetting on #2, the Florida pilot, was great, #1 was close. The 25 degree temperature drop had changed things again.

I look forward to getting my spare time back and taking a winter break from the Daddyrat garage.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A Dream Realized
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:56 pm 

Hahaha great video.... really liked the camera down angle on pilot when you were whipping donuts.... also when the go pro fell off,,, thought the pilot was flipping.... looked like a lot of fun thanks for sharing

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:12 pm 

Nice to see you getting to enjoy them finally! The hard work pays off, sometimes. :shock:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:36 pm 

You sure got a crash course in piolt diagnostics and repair. I think its safe to say u are ready to handle any small issue that may pop up.
At least u won't be thinking about them all winter.
Awesome video too.
Really happy for you.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:29 am 

toby wrote:
Hahaha great video.... really liked the camera down angle on pilot when you were whipping donuts.... also when the go pro fell off,,, thought the pilot was flipping.... looked like a lot of fun thanks for sharing

Hey Toby, thanks. There were no donuts, that weird swinging video is from a swivel helmet cam I made for the bikes that I mounted on the roof. The frozen studder bumps were brutal, a true shake down test for the pilots. So far the only obvious failures were my camera mounts, Still got a camera up there somewhere next to the trail. Thanks again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:49 pm 

Congrats on your success.
From what I have seen on this site is new members showing up and asking questions about their machine. Then they disappear. They were probably unaware of the skills you need and the money you need to keep these things going. They require skill, money, time and willingness to learn. Some just don't have it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
From what I have seen on this site is new members showing up and asking questions about their machine. Then they disappear. They were probably unaware of the skills you need and the money you need to keep these things going. They require skill, money, time and willingness to learn. Some just don't have it.

Amen.

If you have the money, time and willingness to learn, you will acquire the skills.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:47 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:

Thanks Canadian O, Incidentally, I spent all my money on these things, still got the skill and willingness though. I was hoping you would comment, you really did help me get here. Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 pm 

I was listening close to that Engine. The music interfered but it sounded real strong. Sounded good.
You've done a good job on those engines I think.
I would like to here a 1 minute video of those engines without the musak

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:58 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
I was listening close to that Engine. The music interfered but it sounded real strong. Sounded good.
You've done a good job on those engines I think.
I would like to here a 1 minute video of those engines without the musak

Here is a clip of my adult son riding in Pilot #2. No video for #1, it is still sitting in the woods somewhere.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:38 pm 

Yeah nice.
No stumble when you get on throttle so pilot jet right.
I can hear the other one a bit and it sounds good too.
Good work. It took a while didn't it :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Yeah nice.
No stumble when you get on throttle so pilot jet right.
I can hear the other one a bit and it sounds good too.
Good work. It took a while didn't it :-)

Yes it did, thanks for your help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 pm 

Dude, the beginning of that video is absolutely hysterical!!! I don’t often show my wife things on the site but had to show her that!!! Looked like you guys were having a blast! Where were you guys at??? How cold?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:53 am 

MGurgone40 wrote:
Dude, the beginning of that video is absolutely hysterical!!! I don’t often show my wife things on the site but had to show her that!!! Looked like you guys were having a blast! Where were you guys at??? How cold?

We unloaded at Canoe Camp Rd at the north end of the Leota trail system. We than rode the route going east towards Prudenville. It is basically snowmobile trail #6.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:08 pm 

I looked at that trial system on Friday, it looks pretty cool. From the videos you’ve posted in the past you have risen a bunch of places in Michigan. Love to hear your opinion of what are the better trials to ride in that area?

I’ve heard the trial systems closest to southwest Michigan are okay but crowded and the trials are pretty tight (physically). And if you go up a little farther north they get better and better? Thoughts?

Profile E-mail