Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:15 pm 

I've seen various posts about different headlights/light bars putting a strain on the charging system so would it be safe to assume a blue tooth sound system is completely out of the question? Just kicking the idea around and wanted to see what the general consensus is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:56 pm 

I cringe when I see big lights on any oddy or pilot.
The FL350 has a 160 watt system at 5000 rpm :shock: . So how long are you running at 5G ??
The two stock headlights are 50 watts and the tail light is 5 watt, so 1/3 is already gone running that poo.
The FL400 has a 200 watt system at 5000 rpm. It has slightly more juice but it also has a lot more lights, like all of those indicator lights on the steering wheel -- total: 20 watts on the steering wheel, two headlights 50 watts, the tail light and reverse light are shown in candle power so no way to convert that to watts. It would be reasonable to believe the tail light is 5 watt like the oddy and the reverse light at 25 watt. So the grand total for the Pilot is 100 watts which is HALF of the total output :shock: . Now you still have to run the ignition :shock: . Yes I know not all lights on steering wheel are not on all the time.

Think about it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:10 pm 

Could always run a second battery too for the radio.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:51 pm 

I always wonder why do people want to put a radio on their pilot or odyssey? Not sure how well you would hear the radio with the loud 2 stroke Engine? I could understand using a radio while the Engine is off, but the battery would be dead in no time. Personally, I love hearing the Engine:)
With all the new portable Bluetooth speakers, I'm sure you can find something that will work well and not have to use the battery.

This is just my opinion and I am in no way trying to bash anyone, just thinking out loud.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:55 am 

Pilot bird wrote:
I always wonder why do people want to put a radio on their pilot or odyssey? Not sure how well you would hear the radio with the loud 2 stroke Engine? I could understand using a radio while the Engine is off, but the battery would be dead in no time. Personally, I love hearing the Engine:)
With all the new portable Bluetooth speakers, I'm sure you can find something that will work well and not have to use the battery.

This is just my opinion and I am in no way trying to bash anyone, just thinking out loud.

I don't mind bashing anyone.
You need to hear the Engine as well as your zone. It's called situational awareness.
You need to be able to hear if there is another machine in your zone to prevent an accident and you need to hear your Engine because it will tell you that it's having issues. Once it's dead the Engine don't talk no more.
I used to race cars. How many race car drivers have a stereo in the little rocket ?? That's right NONE. Why is that ?? It's something called situational awareness. Hearing is key to that. At 170 mph things happened real fast out there and I needed to hear how close the other guy was to me. No time to look in the mirrors because a turn was coming up real fast so you have to hear him. You shift when the Engine pitch was correct. I would shift before the shift light came on and by the time it was in gear the light just gave a very slight glow -- not even full brightness. You need to hear that. I realize these are very different machines than my race car but the concepts are the same.
If you wana dance then go to the disco hall.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:38 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Pilot bird wrote:

I don't mind bashing anyone.
You need to hear the Engine as well as your zone. It's called situational awareness.
You need to be able to hear if there is another machine in your zone to prevent an accident and you need to hear your Engine because it will tell you that it's having issues. Once it's dead the Engine don't talk no more.
I used to race cars. How many race car drivers have a stereo in the little rocket ?? That's right NONE. Why is that ?? It's something called situational awareness. Hearing is key to that. At 170 mph things happened real fast out there and I needed to hear how close the other guy was to me. No time to look in the mirrors because a turn was coming up real fast so you have to hear him. You shift when the Engine pitch was correct. I would shift before the shift light came on and by the time it was in gear the light just gave a very slight glow -- not even full brightness. You need to hear that. I realize these are very different machines than my race car but the concepts are the same.
If you wana dance then go to the disco hall.

And there it is - BAM! CO bringing me back to earth. Guess I really didn’t want a stereo anyway. Thanks for keepin it real

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:54 pm 

I go poor man style with earbuds and my iPod. Super easy to hook up, easy to remove for washing, and nobody has to listen to my music but me.

I see no reason to put the radio on the machine with today’s technology.

These look really nice.

https://www.syphonsound.com/soundwrap.html

Profile E-mail