Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some Input wanted
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:18 pm 

So I have a few modified odyssey’s. Water cooled heads, modified front suspension - and I absolutely love my buggies!!! But - I have come accross a deal where I may be able to pickup a redline revolt for the right price. I know the parts can be difficult to source, but it seems like it’s in great shape, and would love to hear if anyone has owned a revolt, and is it really a huge upgrade going from a modified odyssey to a revolt? I would likely have to part with some other toy - dirtbike, maybe even an odyssey to make room, any thoughts???

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Some Input wanted
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:40 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17458

http://www.redlineutvforums.net/red-rock-powersports/

MGurgone40 wrote:
So I have a few modified odyssey’s. I would likely have to part with some other toy - dirtbike, maybe even an odyssey to make room, any thoughts???

Seems like a no brainer to me.
You have a few oddy's.
You have some other toy - dirtbike (and who knows what else or how many you have).
How many of those do you need ??
How many Revolts you got ??

But be prepared to pay big time for parts if you can even get them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:52 pm 

Well I’m hopeful someone on the forum is going to have some experience with both machines. I don’t want to replace one of the odyssey’s with something that is just a bit better. My odyssey’s are reliable, tons of fun, and can always get the parts and the help I need on this forum. The revolts are so much more rare, and agree parts are going to be more expensive and harder to come by.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:29 am 

As I recall early models had a Trans issue.
A guy I ride with had one and loved it. Couldn't hang with my drakart but had plenty of power and supension. Cockpit is kind of cramped if u r a bigger guy.
I'd jump on it as long as it checks out good.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 pm 

Thanks for your response, I have gone through a bunch of old threads on this forum, and they did indicate exactly what you just mentioned. 2007 had trans issues, but looks to have been solved with the later models, and later years. Appreciate your insight, that’s helpful info! I figured there must be people on here that had driven both, may have both, or rode with one before. Thanks again for input!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:28 pm 

The two people that had one are no longer active on the forum. They were NickRNR and NukeEm.

Rand

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:39 pm 

Nukem actually has Nick's old revolt.

if you get it, one up grade that really helped the handling, rear swaybar, that will allow the rear end to over steer rather than push.

I would say the revolt is a step up from the pilot, more power, more suspension, would I trade my pilot for one? if I had 2 then as CO stated, no brainer, would I trade my only pilot for one??? I know the pilot is a lot of fun and it has been very dependable for me so that would be a difficult choice.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:53 pm 

Even though NickRNR and NukeEm have not been active on this site for one to two years, it is possible that if you PM them here, they will get an email notification and may respond. Unless of coarse they have that disabled in their setups.
That actually happened to me when I PM'd a non existant anymore member. He replied to my PM.
Just an idea.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:31 pm 

Guys appreciate the information, and the input! I have been reading a bunch of threads from the forum and everything you guys are mentioning is a lot of the stuff that are in these threads. Love that the site and everyone is so helpful! One thing that worries me, but not sure if it’s actually true, I read only 300 revolts were actually sold (god that seems like a crazy low number!). I knew they didn’t have a lot of traction in the market, but figured the sales were much higher than that. Again not even sure that number is a fact.

CO going to take your advice and PM those guys, worse that can happen is no response. Thanks again guys.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:33 pm 

Rand thanks for passing along that info as well! Hitting them both up now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:11 am 

Here is a bit more info if the redline you purchase has a weber Engine in it.
I have been searching a lot on the net for parts sources, manuals etc.
From what I have noticed, if you think pilot parts are hard to get and are expensive, then just wait until you buy a Redline product. Just for fun I looked at the price of a starter --- $380 and the manuals are $80. Not sure if these are current prices.
Service manual link as of 2009: http://www.redlineutvforums.net/red-roc ... nuals.html
Anyways check out this site: http://www.weberpower.com/redline-UTV-engine-parts.html
Home page: http://www.weberpower.com/index.html
Also found a sort of dyno results sheet. Pdf below.

There is very very very little info on these things. If you buy it then consider yourself on your own.
Seems like a very exclusive club.
Just my opinion.

Attachments:
Dyno results 2005 REDLINE 800.pdf [203.8 KiB]
Downloaded 45 times
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 am 

That dyno link is for the 800cc sled not the 750 Revolt.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am 

What type of riding do you normally do?

Tight trails, wide open trails, desert?

I would think the P/O would be better for tighter areas, revolt better for larger areas.

I don't know if you looked here, but might be some more info.

Read Sandracers posts.

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/redline-revolt/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:06 pm 

I ride about 1/2 the time tighter trails, and 1/2 the time more open areas. I have talked to the guys at red rock, they are out of MN and seem to be to the go to shop for parts and repair. The buggies he’s referring to are new, and surplus but they don’t have titles, and aren’t registered, no VIN numbers and can’t justify the spend they are asking without backup paperwork. I’m mechanical enough to do the minor work, and have a great mechanic when something major happens.

Still no decision yet, deal has sort of stalled. If I where more mechanically capable I’d be all over it, but hesitating bc I know it’s not if it breaks, its when it breaks!!!

Thanks again guys, appreciate the help.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:28 pm 

Do you need a title or reg. to ride where you ride?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:53 pm 

In one area we ride yes (they don’t really enforce it) but I think if you had an accident or an issue, not having it registered could cause another set of issues. You are thinking buy one of the new old stock and who cares about the title and registration?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:18 pm 

Yup! :-)

Maybe you can get a title from your state? Explain the situation to them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm 

I'm in contact with Nick, he said he would never buy one again, went through 3 belts in 6 rides, he said Nukem has been having good luck so not sure if that helps at all.
my advise will be to pick up a new Polaris 1000 single seat! they should be good, factory warranty, lots, of power, suspension and there should be a lot of bling available if you are into that stuff :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:56 pm 

Sounds to me like this deal is quickly going down hill.
NO title, NO parts, mechanical issues. Ooooooooooh.
Brittabrat had a crackart with no title and if I remember right, got real frustrated and testy and then said she was gona fleabay it.
Parts are hard to find and costly.
Mechanical issues -- the belt -- I remember reading that the belt guard rubs on the belt and wrecks it fast. The guard has to be modified. Don't remember where I read that.
At first I thought this was a no brainer. Now I think I had no brains when I said that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:22 pm 

Yeah I agree.

If your handy and can fab your own parts, no big deal. If not, then move on.

It would have to be a really good price!

I'm with Kuma on the 1000! :-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:22 pm 

Guys appreciate the knowledge and insight, appreciate you getting in contact with some actual owners as well!!! I wish I had the skill set that some of you have to maintain and fab all on my own. I would already have it if that was the case. Could be a money pit, and he and I still can’t come to terms on the deal.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:37 pm 

I had the privilege of riding Nukem's Revolt at Little Sahara OK. Ive owned Pilots and a long travel Pilot, Odyssey 350's and currently own a Tazcar. I can say the Revolt has the most plush ride of them all. It was like riding on a cloud compared to the others. As for power, from what I remember it was nothing to write home about. This was a couple years ago so I wont begin to compare the power to a Pilot since I really don't remember but it was close. My back has been giving me issues the last couple of years and Im thinking of selling my Tazcar to get a Revolt or the new RZR single seater if the ride is comfortable enough. I will miss the Taz car because its power is outragous. Lots for you to consider, good luck with whatever you decide!

Profile E-mail