Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Spammer
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:03 pm 

Another FN spammer Wuhuilin11
Those mothrfukers R lucky I am not a computer geek. I would make it my life work to create a cyber nuke.

EDIT: I could be wrong on these next two but I bet, based on screen name, that abpoe and ADS are also spammers.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Spammer
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 pm 

Has he been removed at this point or no?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:42 pm 

It doesn't look like it.

Is this site just freeballin through space at this point?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:39 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
It doesn't look like it.

Is this site just freeballin through space at this point?

I was thinking the same thing

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:05 pm 

I'm about ready to abandon ship - just like Hoser has. Keeping my pilots, but this site is going to hell. Damn shame. Just find it frustrating to just kinda disappear and not let any of us know why.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:26 pm 

rmesser wrote:
I'm about ready to abandon ship - just like Hoser has. Keeping my pilots, but this site is going to hell. Damn shame. Just find it frustrating to just kinda disappear and not let any of us know why.

Agreed

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:05 pm 

How is Canadian oddy not a moderator?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:19 pm 

CO should get some additional responsibilities! AGREED!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:51 pm 

CO got my vote too. [shoves CO out in front of us]

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm 

Thanks for the vote of confidence boys but unfortunately I do not have the technical skills to run a site.

Everyone needs to understand that hoser runs this site on his own dime and time.
He does not allow advertisers here and almost no one sends any $$$ to him for his efforts or to pay the costs. But one of the most important things to remember is that none of us know what is going on in any of the other members lives. It's possible something has come up or he may have even lost interest in the site after all these years.

Most of us will never meet. We have no opportunity to sit at the same table and have a burger and a beer (coffee for me - I don't drink). We also have no real control over who joins this site. Sometimes a spammer joins or a clown signs up. That's what happened to me a few years ago and I deleted this site. I helped out a goof by sending him parts (FREE plus FREE shipping) and he bad mouthed me. The clown was banned and others convinced me to come back. So you see, none of us know what's going on in another members life unless he posts it.

Hope all is well hoser.

EDIT: Since the spammer has hit I now only check the site every couple of days or sometimes once a day. I too have now lost some interest.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:25 pm 

Totally understandable, but you don't have to run the site to be a moderator, you could just zap the spammers..lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 am 

canadian oddy wrote:
Everyone needs to understand that hoser runs this site on his own dime and time.
He does not allow advertisers here and almost no one sends any $$$ to him for his efforts or to pay the costs. But one of the most important things to remember is that none of us know what is going on in any of the other members lives. It's possible something has come up or he may have even lost interest in the site after all these years.

Most of us will never meet. We have no opportunity to sit at the same table and have a burger and a beer (coffee for me - I don't drink). We also have no real control over who joins this site. Sometimes a spammer joins or a clown signs up. That's what happened to me a few years ago and I deleted this site. I helped out a goof by sending him parts (FREE plus FREE shipping) and he bad mouthed me. The clown was banned and others convinced me to come back. So you see, none of us know what's going on in another members life unless he posts it.

Hope all is well hoser.

Very well said Sir.
I will say this, Hoser stops by my shop about once a year and hangs out for a day or 2, usually. He is not anything like what is perceived of him from this site, myself included, before I met him.
I thought he was a big tough mean guy, but that is so far from the truth it is not funny. This is my perception of him now, HONEST TO THE CORE all the way through, HARD WORKING BUSTS HIS BUTT and still makes time for the machines he loves. I could go on but you get the idea. Oh one last thing, A TRUE FRIEND.

People do not put them selves in others shoes, this site has been up for over 15 years now and that is a very long time for one person to keep charge of. At least the site is still here, maybe he is tired and needs a break, maybe his mother that he takes the best care of like a son should, is in failing health or another family member or himself, I lost my Mom (Grandmother that raised me) in 2016, before she passed away and still to this day I am not OK from seeing her health decline over a 2 year period and then losing her.

I have no idea what is going on with Hoser but maybe it is something that is more important then a hobby or this site, I am sure that all of us have things that are way more important then our toys. Life is not always fun or easy, shit happens to us all.

Maybe he needs our support right now, myself I think he has more then earned and deserves my support and he has it. The way I see it he has done something special here and it is still special, more information here then anywhere and from my experience for the most part there are some of the most Honest good people on here and smart to boot, lets keep it that way please.

I will not jump ship, I stand fast.

The fact he has not been around shows something is going on, his personal business is just that his business, no reason he should have to tell anyone. He does not ask anyone for anything to keep this site going and foots the bill out of his own pocket for the most part. His hard work on this site in the past is not forgotten by me, I hope he comes back full force but more then that I hope and pray that he and his family are OK.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:38 am 

Just to be clear, my comment was in no way an attack on Hoser.

I still stop by this site everyday and will continue to do so.

I just wish there was a button to set these spammers on fire through the internets! lol!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:15 pm 

I hope H is well and I have stated it many times since he has gone MIA, but at the same time he has logged in and even commented on some threads, so it does not appear to serious of a problem. Or perhaps I simply misunderstand what is happening. If H can login and post, my assumption is he is well.

I guess that is were my frustration starts. If H just simply said he was going to be gone for awhile or something like that. Not just leave us hanging. I feel he does have some level of responsibility to the long term members of this site. I'm not asking for detail, just something. Tell you the truth I miss his input. I have had Hoser in my thoughts and prayers since he went MIA. I hope he is well. I keep waiting for my Engine to need a rebuild so I can have him Hoserize it. I wouldn't want anyone else to do my rebuild.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 pm 

rmesser wrote:
I hope H is well and I have stated it many times since he has gone MIA, but at the same time he has logged in and even commented on some threads, so it does not appear to serious of a problem. Or perhaps I simply misunderstand what is happening. If H can login and post, my assumption is he is well.

I guess that is were my frustration starts. If H just simply said he was going to be gone for awhile or something like that. Not just leave us hanging. I feel he does have some level of responsibility to the long term members of this site. I'm not asking for detail, just something. Tell you the truth I miss his input. I have had Hoser in my thoughts and prayers since he went MIA. I hope he is well. I keep waiting for my Engine to need a rebuild so I can have him Hoserize it. I wouldn't want anyone else to do my rebuild.

I agree, Would like to see him back in full Hoser mode, I may not share his passion with calling an Engine an Engine but hope he is well.
It would be good to see another moderator or 3 on here to help keep out the rifraf although I have to admit, when the spammer digs up old posts I look at the subject and maybe revisit them myself.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:20 pm 

This wuhuillin or whatever is really annoying!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 pm 

What am I missing? What does a spammer gain by entering all that crap on a thread? What's the point?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 pm 

rmesser wrote:
What am I missing? What does a spammer gain by entering all that crap on a thread? What's the point?
At the very least, they want people to click on the links. At the worst, the links are some type of spyware.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:28 am 

Got a new one elaine95. Looking on the bright side - at least our stats will be up. :-)

Seems like elain95 is just posting crap - only a few links.

I guess I'll never understand why. F'n idiot loser's with nothing better to do.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:27 pm 

Does anyone here know how to start and operate a site like we have here? New blood to operate a site like this is desperately needed. Don't know what's going on with H but the spammers are having a field day right now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 am 

A new site would not be the same. There is already a wealth of knowledge about these machines here. If hoser was around this wouldn’t be an issue or would have at least been taken care of. I am rather new to this site but there are many long time members that are friends with hoser. Maybe give him a call or email?

It sucks to log in and and see all the spam posts.

I hope it is not hosers intention to let the site go down the tube. I think another site moderator would be a good idea to keep these spammers in check at the least.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:39 am 

CurtisR401 wrote:
A new site would not be the same. There is already a wealth of knowledge about these machines here. If hoser was around this wouldn’t be an issue or would have at least been taken care of. I am rather new to this site but there are many long time members that are friends with hoser. Maybe give him a call or email?

It sucks to log in and and see all the spam posts.

I hope it is not hosers intention to let the site go down the tube. I think another site moderator would be a good idea to keep these spammers in check at the least.
Most of this weeks spammers end their name with a number, when I saw your name as the last post, I thought the spammer thread got spammed..lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:54 am 

scpilot66 wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:

Hope all is well hoser.

Very well said Sir.
I will say this, Hoser stops by my shop about once a year and hangs out for a day or 2, usually. He is not anything like what is perceived of him from this site, myself included, before I met him.
I thought he was a big tough mean guy, but that is so far from the truth it is not funny. This is my perception of him now, HONEST TO THE CORE all the way through, HARD WORKING BUSTS HIS BUTT and still makes time for the machines he loves. I could go on but you get the idea. Oh one last thing, A TRUE FRIEND.

People do not put them selves in others shoes, this site has been up for over 15 years now and that is a very long time for one person to keep charge of. At least the site is still here, maybe he is tired and needs a break, maybe his mother that he takes the best care of like a son should, is in failing health or another family member or himself, I lost my Mom (Grandmother that raised me) in 2016, before she passed away and still to this day I am not OK from seeing her health decline over a 2 year period and then losing her.

I have no idea what is going on with Hoser but maybe it is something that is more important then a hobby or this site, I am sure that all of us have things that are way more important then our toys. Life is not always fun or easy, shit happens to us all.

Maybe he needs our support right now, myself I think he has more then earned and deserves my support and he has it. The way I see it he has done something special here and it is still special, more information here then anywhere and from my experience for the most part there are some of the most Honest good people on here and smart to boot, lets keep it that way please.

I will not jump ship, I stand fast.

The fact he has not been around shows something is going on, his personal business is just that his business, no reason he should have to tell anyone. He does not ask anyone for anything to keep this site going and foots the bill out of his own pocket for the most part. His hard work on this site in the past is not forgotten by me, I hope he comes back full force but more then that I hope and pray that he and his family are OK.

Since you know H can you please call him and let him know what's going on? Another moderator is desperately needed. This site has given me many friends/connections. The help received here has been invaluable. That's why I was thinking a new site we could all join to stay in contact. Hopefully H gives control to a couple people so it doesn't have to all fall on one person

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:07 pm 

HOW are the spammers getting approved to post if H is not "manning" the site. Doesnt H have to approve all new members. How are these spammer jackasses getting around that??

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:09 pm 

Well I think I have found a solution to our spammer problem --------- SORT OF
There is a way to block these goofs from our end.

1) go to the "user control panel" in the top right of this page - click on it
2) go to "friends and foes" tab located on the left side of the page - click on it
3) on the left side again is a tab that says "manage foes" - click on it
4) it opens a box where you can type the goofs name
5) click submit
6) tab pops up that says "are you sure you want to complete this" click "yes"
7) DONE

Now -- I said it "sort of" blocks the goof.
Well it blocks ANY comments the goof makes but his name still appears on the main page. You will think new comments on those threads has come up but obviously that is not the case. The good part is the goof's comments are not there and if you see his name on the thread don't open it.

On a positive note you get to look at some REAL OLD threads from years ago, but like Kuma said -- that's not a bad thing LOL. Maybe that thread came up before you were even a member. It's all good stuff anyways. Since the site is slow why not read it ??

Profile E-mail