Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:45 pm 

I bought a Polaris Ace 570 almost 2 months ago so I joined the Ace forum . None of my questions ever get answers . I'm haveing a problem with my fan not working but no answers . If I asked the same kind of question on this site about an oddy I would have at least 5 people trying to help me . Maybe someone here can help . My cooling fan is not turning on I checked the fan and the fuse and relay all good there's a temp sensor and that's good . I'm thinking of running a switch to the fan and running off my battery so I can turn it on when I need it . If anybody has any ideas please let me know . I know C.O usually has a few good ideas for me .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:21 pm 

if it is like the pilot there is a temp switch, it will be in the radiator or the head, it could be one wire or 2 wires, if 1 it provides a ground if 2 then it closes the circuit, there could be more than one of these the pilot has 2 one for the light and one for the fan.
first. so the switch provides a ground completing the circuit to the relay which provides power to the fan, with the key on, locate the temp switch if 1 wire then unplug the wire and tough to the Engine, you should either see the fan come on or a warning light for temperature, with a 2 wire, jumper the wires together, if this works then it is your temperature switch, if not then you want to dive deeper, a wiring diagram is very helpful at this point. trace the wires back from the fan and locate the relay, there should be power to the relay, if not check your fuses again, there could actually be 2 fuses for the relay, one for the fan power and one for the power for the relay power.
also put power directly to the fan and make sure that the fan works, unplug it so if you put the power on backwards you don't fry something.
hope this helps

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:59 pm 

They all work basically the same regardless what machine they are installed on you just need to find out the Theory Of Operation for your specific machine.

Basically.... The Engine starts
Coolant temperature reaches a set temperature where fan assist is needed, a switch closes sending power to the fan, as the coolant temperature drops to a designed temp the switch opens the fan stops.

Check the fuse that controls the fan circuit.
Unplug the fan use jumper wires jump the fan ensure the fan will run.
Find out the temperature the thermostat for the fan closes (Service manual should say) remove T-stat check with ohm meter should be open, most close on temperature rise for this application, put switch in hot water with thermometer when it reaches set temp switch should close and complete the circuit, ohm meter should go to 0 as the switch cools it should open again.

Find a serice manual yet, google index of polaris ace service manual pdf OR parent directory index of polaris ace service manual

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:17 pm 

First thing I did was check the fuse and the relay and oth were good second thing was I checked if the fan was burnt out but it was good . Then I went on to the temp sensor the manual saids to unpluge it and if the fan runs then its the sensor the fan did not run . I just got the shop manual and it has the wirering diagram in it so I have to dig into that to see what Iam missing . Working on the two odyssey's is so straight forward I think they make the new ATV to complicated when they don't have to be .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:16 pm 

So how are you liking that Ace so far? Yes the Ace section of the RZR forum is dead,I posted in there a couple weeks ago,lots of views but no answers.Next time try posting just in the general rzr discussion section and see if you get any answers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:38 am 

Redskinmsn. I love the ace 570 . I saw what you wrote about your Ace 900 and yes that was a great price that's what I payed for my Ace 570 you lucked out on that fine . I do love the odyssey's but ridding was getting to hard because of my leg . The one thing I love was working on my Fl350 and my sons 250 . My son now has my 350 and my daughter has the 250 . I'm looking to get a plow for my ace it came with a moose mounting plate so I need to get the push tube and plow . We tryed ridding the oddy's in the snow a couple of times but they don't fair well in snow so I can't wait to try the Ace in it . Good luck with yours .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:55 pm 

RJ1 wrote:
Redskinmsn. I love the ace 570 . I saw what you wrote about your Ace 900 and yes that was a great price that's what I payed for my Ace 570 you lucked out on that fine . I do love the odyssey's but ridding was getting to hard because of my leg . The one thing I love was working on my Fl350 and my sons 250 . My son now has my 350 and my daughter has the 250 . I'm looking to get a plow for my ace it came with a moose mounting plate so I need to get the push tube and plow . We tryed ridding the oddy's in the snow a couple of times but they don't fair well in snow so I can't wait to try the Ace in it . Good luck with yours .

If you want more performance out of that 570 you should check into the dynojet power vision 3,pretty sure it will work on that Engine also,but I doubt you would get the same kind of gains I did but you can check into it.