Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bought a Polaris Ace 900
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:06 pm 

Well probably anybody that's reading this knows my Pilot's been out of commish for a couple months now,and of course it would be the one summer in 10 years where it hasnt rained as much and I could have actually enjoyed riding the Pilot locally at the atv parks.
So I've become disenchanted with the Pilot,not being able to get it to run right combined with most every summer it's too muddy to ride it locally made me pull the trigger on something else.

wasn't really looking but I saw this Ace on Facebook marketplace and it kept calling me day after day,I couldnt believe nobody was buying it because I thought it was a great price,2016 model with electronic power steering{which is awesome!}So after it sat there for a couple weeks I talked to my wife about and she agreed to let me purchase it if I sell the pilot :shock: I agreed to her terms.
Drove to San Antonio to look at it.Completely stock except guy installed snorkel which he said was for just in case he needed it.It had 100 hours on it,300 miles.Brought my compression tester to test it but the Rzr plugs are frickin tiny,I didnt have adapter to fit,so I checked out what I could and gave it a test drive,thing hauls ass and I thought it got up to 50 pretty damn quick.{I have since bought adapter and checked compression and it's great}So the guy was asking $5500.00,I got it for $4800.00 which I thought was a damn good deal,I'm not even seeing 570's for that cheap.

The 2017 models are supposed to be better in a lot of ways but cant afford one and there arent a lot around for sale.I could find only 1 for sale in the whole state of Tx on craigslist and dude wanted $7800.00.
So unfortunately as soon as I get my pilot running right I will be selling it,but in the limited time I've rode the Ace it was a blast my one time at the atv park,although it is a challenge driving it but that's part of the fun,The challenging part is not tipping it over :shock: part.I have since installed 2" spacers on each side but havent tested them yet.So now I have something that has the fun factor of the Pilot,but also has 4wd when I need it or want to play in the mud.

Heres some pics of how it compares size wise to my pIlot,and some video of my first time out at atv park

Attachments:
IMG_5469.jpg
IMG_5469.jpg [ 156.64 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
IMG_5470.jpg
IMG_5470.jpg [ 149.4 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
IMG_5471.jpg
IMG_5471.jpg [ 146.76 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]
58965527985__67341B99-A015-4D1A-940D-1E2C74099D96.JPG
58965527985__67341B99-A015-4D1A-940D-1E2C74099D96.JPG [ 118.47 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:23 pm 

So to add to the story,some of you may know the2016 Ace Engine was not tuned to it's full potential.I bought a dynojet power vision 3 that you hook up to your diagnostic port and it does some amazing things :-)
Took Ace to the beach Sunday,did a couple test runs before hooking up the tuner to see how it performed before and after.

Before the tune,0-60 in roughly 17 to 18 seconds,after the tune,9-10 seconds,almost cut the 0-60 time in half! Needless to say I was pretty happy with the results.If I ever add a different pipe or clutch this thing would pull the front wheels off the ground :-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:32 pm 

Damn nice improvement

So tell us a little about this dynojet power vision 3.

Ace kinda looks like fun - although it stands kinda tall - I'd be scared of snap rolling it

How does it do in soft sand ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:39 am 

FL670R wrote:
Damn nice improvement

So tell us a little about this dynojet power vision 3.

Ace kinda looks like fun - although it stands kinda tall - I'd be scared of snap rolling it

How does it do in soft sand ?

You’d be better to google it then me trying to explain it,Ive seen YouTube videos of it being used on honda motorcycles,can am motorcycles,rzrs,so it works on a few vehicles.
I am not using it to it’s full potential like I could be.

Yeah,I’m concerned about the tipping over also,bought some rear spacers to help.
I’ve still only taken it riding twice,as seen in these videos,was hoping to go riding Sunday but doesn’t look like I will get to go.

As far as soft sand,if you’re talking about like at LS I’m sure it would do great,did great at the beach

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:10 pm 

nice score, good that you are happy with it, as far as selling the pilot, I'd bet you could get $4500-$4800 for it now with a full disclosure of the issues you have as long as the bottom end is sound and it has compression, fixing it up and making it right may get you $5500 if in the right market.
I would only suggest you are really ready to sell the pilot, they are a lot of fun as you know and don't want to get rid of it and regret it later.
maybe drop a sled Engine in it and sell off the parts you no longer need, you would be surprised on how much cost you can recover.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:21 pm 

Kuma wrote:
nice score, good that you are happy with it, as far as selling the pilot, I'd bet you could get $4500-$4800 for it now with a full disclosure of the issues you have as long as the bottom end is sound and it has compression, fixing it up and making it right may get you $5500 if in the right market.
I would only suggest you are really ready to sell the pilot, they are a lot of fun as you know and don't want to get rid of it and regret it later.
maybe drop a sled Engine in it and sell off the parts you no longer need, you would be surprised on how much cost you can recover.

The right market is right,I don’t know where the right market is :-)
There’s usually not many for sale in Tx and when I do see them they seem like they take a long time to sell :shock: A buddy of mine had one up for sale last summer And was only asking $4000 with no takers,He finally ended up trading it for a 250r and 350x.
I love the Pilot,and If I lived closer to some place like Little Sahara I would keep it,but I don’t have those places and mud is always an issue

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:32 pm 

I would trade my Pilot for an Ace all day. You can get parts readily available for the Ace. I'm getting tired of sourcing 30 year old expensive a$$ parts for my Pilots. Some of the parts you cant even get anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love riding the Pilot, just not the wrenching when they break down.

Profile E-mail