Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:27 pm 

Iv had my Ace now for about 4 months and the thing is great on the trails I ride the AWD system comes in handy plus the winch . I bought a moose plow system for it and installed it . Iv not yet used the plow for snow. I test it out just lifting it up then I took the plow off , when I went riding the front end was pulling to one side and the motor (( Internal Combustion Engine ? )) seemed sluggish I thought I had a flat but the tiers were fine . This only lasted for a couple of min then it started to run good again . Now the other day I was out riding with friends we stopped for a minute one of my friends was leaning on the front of my Ace and when we started to ride again the same thing happened pulling to one side and no power . This lasted for about a half mile then it started to run good again . I tryed looking up front end problems with them but found nothing I went to the Ace forum and asked but I never get any answers there nobody ever replies . Last time I had a problem with it the people here solved it for me just like all the help Iv gotten over the last couple of years with my 2 Odyssey's

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:58 pm 

So to make sure I'm clear, everything was fine and you got a plow kit. You test fitted the plow, raised it up and what not, and then took it back off. After that, your symptoms started. Sound right?

Did you do any other work/maintenance to it between the plow test and now? Did you have any issues with the plow test?

The reason I ask is, it sounds like you've got a problem with your brakes or something rubbing up front. If it's pulling and dogging, but otherwise running ok (not missing), I'd wonder if maybe something got bent and it interferes intermittently, or else maybe something was left loose after removing the plow.

Could you have had an accident of sorts while test fitting the plow? Maybe you lost your grip and it slipped, that sort of thing? Any sort of damage to the front from the testing is what I'm getting at.

Or is the Engine running ragged and you think the problem is there? Could you be intermittently blocking the intake in some way somehow? Air filter clean?

I'd start by inspecting the mounting points of the plow, and all around the front end. Look for wear/rubbing. If it's got disk brakes, look to see if one disk is discolored way more than the others.

Interesting issue :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:21 pm 

After I installed the mounting plate for the plow I hooked it up to my winch raised it and lowered it to make sure every thing worked and everything seemed fine , it did drop my front end but what Iv red the shocks can handel the weight . What it seems like is the front end is kinda stock down when there's any weight put on it but after a little while it pops back up then every thing works great on it . It only happens after there a load on the front end . In between the time I tested the plow and my friend rested on the front end Iv ridden it at least 10 times with no problem and after the last time there was weight on the front I have another 5 rides on it with no problem . When I was thinking of putting a plow on it I called the Polaris dealer and ask if the stock shocks can handle the weight and they said they could with no problem and a plow will do no damage to it they told me ill damage the plow or push tubes before the Ace .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:56 am 

This being an EFI machine right? My thought is it should eventually throw a check Engine light and code. When it does, take detailed notes and look up what may be wrong.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:46 pm 

No warning lites came on . Yesterday I was cleaning it so I wanted to see if it would do it again so I put some weight on the front end then took it for a ride and it did the same thing again . I looked at the front end and heckled out the front brakes but I could not find anything . On the ride it only lasted for about 2 blocks then it stopped pulling and ran great .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:04 pm 

I wonder if it's electrical ??

The reason I say this is because of my buddies CanAm machine.
That piece of crap has speed sensitive steering.
It also has some kind of electronic slip control which locks wheels as needed and driver adjustable suspension ride height control.
Piece of s### in my opinion because of all the things that can go wrong and you can't fix it if it did F up.

Not sure if your machine has this kind of stuff on it but if it does then maybe the slip control or something electrical like that is giving you an issue. Apparently it's intermittent right ??
Could also be a bad u-joint on a front drive shaft or a steering rack issue.

My money is on a steering rack issue right now. Electrical steering ?? Stripped gears ??
Just my opinions.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:49 pm 

Some of the Ace's have power steering but mine does not I like it better without it . After I put IME weight on it I looked at the front end to see if anything was stuck and I checked out the right front brake to see if that was stuck but I could not find anything wrong . To me it feels like when I put weight on the front end something is getting stuck and after I ride for a little while it pops back out , but I can't find it . I called the Polaris dealer near me and talked to one of there service tech they old me the Ace is the same as there Polaris sportsmen 570 and they have never seen or heard of the problem Iam having , they also told me to bring it in but last time I had them work on one of my ATV they changed half the parts on it until they found the real problem I was having and it cost me a fortune. Unless I find the problem I will have to take it to them because I can't use my plow until I get it fixed and Iv already have had 2 storms that the plow would have come in handy .

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:10 pm 

RJ1 wrote:
Some of the Ace's have power steering but mine does not I like it better without it . I called the Polaris dealer near me and talked to one of there service tech they old me the Ace is the same as there Polaris sportsmen 570 and they have never seen or heard of the problem Iam having , they also told me to bring it in but last time I had them work on one of my ATV they changed half the parts on it until they found the real problem I was having and it cost me a fortune. Unless I find the problem I will have to take it to them because I can't use my plow until I get it fixed and Iv already have had 2 storms that the plow would have come in handy .

1) Since no pwr steering that eliminates that but the steering rack could be to blame -- gears ??
It manifests itself when you put weight on because it loads up the steering because of the weight.

2) Polaris tech said never heard of problem you are having ----- I call bullshyte because there was a recall on Polaris 570 with pwr steering. The recall was because of steering sticking just like you have.

My money is still on the steering rack gears right now.
CO

Edit: I know you don't have pwr steering and not sure what year yours is but read this link: https://www.polaris.com/en-us/recalls/o ... sh-hazard/
So if your boy is telling you they never heard of "it" (your problem) then they are full of shyte.
CO

Edit again: If you read on the Polaris forums you will see the occasional comments on sticking steering. If your boy told you that you have the same steering as the 570 then I bet the rent money that Polaris uses the same drawings, manufacture techniques and steering racks on several different models. That also means transfer of similar problems between several different models. That happened on my exhaust manifold on my 1980 Toyota 4x4. Several different years of these and yet the exact same problem was transferred year to year. They would warp after a few thousand miles and blow out the gasket.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:54 pm 

Actually I had to read this post again ---- slooooowly this time.
I missed the part on low Engine power.

The computer might be telling it to do funky stuff or it's a drive train issue like a u-joint.
CO

Profile E-mail