Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:23 pm 

bullnerd wrote:
CurtisR401 wrote:
Yeah... I was referring to the real deal shifter carts, not amusement park toys. They are nice and low to the ground and have really good handling. :-)

Ahh, gotcha....see, even they know, low is better!

I never disagreed with you, low is great for roads or groomed trails. Your Briggs were built for a purpose but I assure you it is not the same purpose as real off road buggy’s that can conquer real obstacles/rough terrain at high speeds. It would fair great racing stadium lite events that don’t exist an longer. That is why NO ONE builds buggy’s for this purpose. Don’t get me wrong, they are a cool piece of racing history but modern buggy’s and custom long travels should not be compared to them. If so, the RZRs and Talons would look just like the god sent Briggs. No doubt you are a smart man but you are passive aggressive towards methodical and I’m not the only person here that noticed it. He feels the same but is too humble to say anything to you. I’m having a hard time finding your threads on this site, lots of comments on others though. Cut the bullshit and start some threads posting your Briggs and all the work you have personally done to them rather than judging others hard work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:32 pm 

And I'm agreeing with you.

First off, I never said I was smart.

Second, been a machinist for 30 yrs, probably have more respect for Methodicals work than anyone on this site. No where did I judge his work or talent, Just gave my OPINION on how the car sits. Just like you said, we all have our opinion. When he was building his car I gave him as much advice as I possibly could, even offering to take any pics of the Briggs cars he wanted to see.

Obviously a low sitting racecar isn't ideal for everyone, That's why I mentioned it when I said, If your not riding in ruts, that low is better.

As far as threads, I don't have an Ody or Pilot, so that narrows it down pretty quick. All I did was mount an Engine in one Briggs and start driving it. Hell I didn't even paint it. The other had the Engine in it already, didn't paint that one either. Not much to talk about.

I would love to see Bob Briggs design a modern SxS, would be way better than the crap available now.

I don't know what I did to trigger you, but it's uncalled for. All I did was post the buggy for sale to find out if anyone had any more info on who the new owner was or if he was member here. Find a thread where im not fully supportive of people's work or projects. Start with Fully.

Tag, your it. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:55 pm 

I was being honest. I believe you to be a smart man and knowledgeable about buggy’s and suspensions. It’s your demeanor I did not care for. We are all friends here for the most part and most of us choose to stay positive in regards to others despite our personal opinions. It’s easy to judge others when you don’t put yourself out there just the same.

I am looking forward to your threads on this site in the future. Should you choose to share your own work.

I digress & wish you well. :-)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:30 pm 

No hard feelings lil' rhody (ok, that was out of line) :-)

Unfortunately most of my friends are no longer on here. Look at my join date. That was a long time ago.

If car guys can't give one another a jab once in a while we are in a sad place.

Thank you and also to you. :-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:03 am 

bullnerd wrote:
If car guys can't give one another a jab once in a while we are in a sad place.

It’s hard to throw jabs if you never get in the ring. How many ways do I need to say it for you to understand.

:-) :-) :-)

Long live PILOT ODYSSEY .com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:44 am 

Now that that is out of the way, does anyone know who the new owner is?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:20 pm 

Who ever the new owner is I hope they stop in here and post pics and vids.
I like both those machines and would score them in a heart beat if I had toy cash laying around.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:20 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
Who ever the new owner is I hope they stop in here and post pics and vids.
I like both those machines and would score them in a heart beat if I had toy cash laying around.
CO

Ditto CO ! :-)