Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:35 pm 

As of today, all of Oregon is still shut down with no relief in sight unless you have access to private property. Where do you live and are you able to ride on public land?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:41 pm 

I live bordering National Forest land and there are outsider idiots everywhere. It's insane how many dumb dumbs come to the mountains when they're told to stay at home. Not to start a political debate...just saying...there's more than normal in my area and it's really not cool with the locals.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:44 pm 

Garemie wrote:
I live bordering National Forest land and there are outsider idiots everywhere. It's insane how many dumb dumbs come to the mountains when they're told to stay at home. Not to start a political debate...just saying...there's more than normal in my area and it's really not cool with the locals.

My home state is CA and I read the latest what you "Can Do" list and atv's and motorcycles are on the approved list

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:00 pm 

I can ride anywhere I want here. but what I had planned was a St. A trip on May 20 that is now canceled. yeah I a little pissed about it

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 12:13 am 

Duneit wrote:
Garemie wrote:

My home state is CA and I read the latest what you "Can Do" list and atv's and motorcycles are on the approved list

I think you are allowed to do those things if its in your area, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, locals here are not happy. Neighboring mountain counties have shut down non-essential travel meaning no outsiders coming up to "ride their ATV's".

My biggest issue is that these people come up from heavily infected areas with their big family and let them run free in the grocery stores picking up snacks, getting gas, etc, without a care in the world. It just feels reckless.

I'm gonna tune out of this now so I don't get heated/start a debate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 1:00 am 

Im in washington and i was able to ride Juniper Dunes last weekend. Its BLM land. I did call and ask BLM before i made the 2hr drive and they said it was open as long as you can get there with non essential travel and they do not recommend camping. Well to me dunes are essential so we loaded up the camper and spent the weekend. The place was busier than i have ever seen it!

I also border North Idaho and you can pretty much ride wherever you want there. And the park that is about 30 min from my house is pretty busy right now too. I normally can go up on the busiest weekends of the year and MAYBE run into 5 campers.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 9:05 am 

nitrosport_5 wrote:
Im in washington and i was able to ride Juniper Dunes last weekend. Its BLM land. I did call and ask BLM before i made the 2hr drive and they said it was open as long as you can get there with non essential travel and they do not recommend camping. Well to me dunes are essential so we loaded up the camper and spent the weekend. The place was busier than i have ever seen it!

I also border North Idaho and you can pretty much ride wherever you want there. And the park that is about 30 min from my house is pretty busy right now too. I normally can go up on the busiest weekends of the year and MAYBE run into 5 campers.

I am glad to hear Washington is open too! Can't wait for Oregon to open.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:11 pm 

Glamis and Dumont are open, Glamis has closed the Gecko road and Osborn overlook as they are considered "improved" I don't really see how laying some pavement down is considered improved camping but at least they did not shut it down. currently the heat will keep most people out.

Profile E-mail