Board index

My Home Page

PilotOdyssey.com By hoser...

PilotOdyssey.com Chat Room

PilotOdyssey.com Photo Album

* Login   * Register * FAQ
http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/smiley_cool.png PilotOdyssey.com Chat    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/find.png PilotOdyssey.com Google Search    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_tongue.png FL400 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_grin.png FL350 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_evilgrin.png FL250 Parts    http://www.pilotodyssey.com/PO/adm/images/imagemenu/emoticon_unhappy.png Admin Email   
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:13 pm 

How do these spammers keep ruining this site?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:03 am 

Hope these asshats are deleted or banned soon...........

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:54 am 

CO. Please contact Hoser!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm 

I've do not understand why there can't be a couple long term members promoted to moderator for this purpose.

Hoser made a great site but it does no good to have 1 admin if he's hardly ever around anymore.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:39 pm 

We've been trying unsuccessfully for years to get more moderators. I wonder what it would cost to buy and run this site. It needs to stay because of all the valuable information it has

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 2:44 am 

There is only one moderator on this forum? Does anybody know why hoser doesn't make more?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 1:03 pm 

Most likely bad past history.
He will come and clean it up when he has a chance.
At least there is no adds or pop up bs

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:37 pm 

First facebook killed the number of posts on this site now this? :shock:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:05 pm 

liduno wrote:
First facebook killed the number of posts on this site now this? :shock:

It really is sad to see. This place was once booming with so many knowledgeable members and so much new information every day. The good ol days.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 5:10 pm 

The FB group is mostly made up of "wat carb can u run wit 350 and wat dose every1 mix their gas at" over and over and over again.

Obviously there's outliers but I think the real info still comes from this site.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:17 pm 

Easiest thing to do is click on “Mark topics read”

Hoser will delete it all soon. Damn bots!

Attachments:
8E7AE946-78FB-4795-94FB-9465F39045A5.jpeg
8E7AE946-78FB-4795-94FB-9465F39045A5.jpeg [ 72.78 KiB | Viewed 2516 times ]
 Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:06 pm 

I care and I don't even have pilot or ody anymore :-) :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:44 am 

Yeah sorry for the spambots they seem to keep working around the protections, the technology battle continues.

Its sad Honda does not reintroduce the FL400, an updated version, I think they would sell, throw in a proven 50HP 4 stroke bump the suspension up to 12"-14" of travel keep the weight low as possible.

Lee if your reading... I see the 4 seat UTV market coming to a close in a few years, 99% of the hundreds if not thousands of 4 seat UTV's I've seen in the deserts over the past 10 years have just 2 people in them and 50% of them have one person.

With this crushing economy, sales dropping I see a market for lower cost single seat machines, 99.0% of the desert riding I do in 2wd or can be done in 2wd the exception would be the rock crawling type sections I run into, every time I put mine into 4wd I ask myself 'would you make it if you were in your Pilot' only a few times i answered no. If there was a 2wd version of my RZR and it was 100 lbs lighter I would upgrade to one.

That said when the economy rebounds and all the repossessed UTV's has been bought up, production ramps back up my prediction is you wont see the same sales in 4 seat UTV's we've seen in the past.

Most the people I have talked to the passengers are fathers, sons taking dads for a ride just to try and get them in the game, rear passengers the same, family members first time off road, none of the passengers seem excited about being there not a single one indicated 'yeah I am getting one of these'. I have only encountered a dozen or so husband wife teams where the wives seems really excited about being off road. I know many females who love ATV's and off road it just does not fit their lifestyles any more, family, kids, grand kids and all the baggage that comes with that.

My last trip early 2022 I seen literally thousands more side by sides in the desert than ever before, seems the Covid thing has caused an explosion in sales since there is nobody out there pushing Covid restrictions of any kind. Also on a side note id like to note I seen the most Canadians in the desert than I have ever seen before, every place I parked huge numbers of Canadian plates on the tow vehicles. Canada's Covid restrictions and lock-downs are GOOD for our tourist economy.

Many of the really great riding areas in AZ are now over crowded, example, places like Lake Havasu City area the trails are all whooped and rutted up to the point they are no longer enjoyable, pushing me out to areas I haven't ridden before, which I like :-) I try not to keep going places I have already been when I do its usually because of weather changes I relocate to get out of the heat or cold so pick an area where the temps are right.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:23 am 

I’m hoping that when I retire I will be healthy enough to go out to Arizona,Nevada,,California,Utah,and explore some trails in my Polaris Ace

Attachments:
FFC847E9-AE84-47AE-98D7-D681152DCC09.jpeg
FFC847E9-AE84-47AE-98D7-D681152DCC09.jpeg [ 111.28 KiB | Viewed 1721 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:22 am 

Hey Red,my son was just in your neck of the woods Houston working with NASA on the Artemis 1 series.
He then went to California for more meets and should be home in Perth West Aus tonight.
Pity you guys couldn't have met up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:12 pm 

bugeye59 wrote:
Hey Red,my son was just in your neck of the woods Houston working with NASA on the Artemis 1 series.
He then went to California for more meets and should be home in Perth West Aus tonight.
Pity you guys couldn't have met up.

He sounds like a much smarter guy than me! :-)
I’m just an old redneck,but if he likes riding like you do I could’ve took him some places,but weather has sucked this past week,would have been cold and muddy as hell :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:41 am 

Just putting my two cents into this old thread -- I care about this site!

FB is a messy PITA. I don't think I'll ever understand why people that want to seriously discuss any topic would choose FB over a formatted forum like this.

I'm a very latecomer to the Odyssey scene and I have several other hobbies that share my time so I'm not super active but I do appreciate this place being here and also the people that still come and participate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:38 pm 

OddFella wrote:
Just putting my two cents into this old thread -- I care about this site!

FB is a messy PITA. I don't think I'll ever understand why people that want to seriously discuss any topic would choose FB over a formatted forum like this.

I'm a very latecomer to the Odyssey scene and I have several other hobbies that share my time so I'm not super active but I do appreciate this place being here and also the people that still come and participate.

I don’t own a Pilot anymore,but I sure appreciated this site big time when I had it, Unfortunately most of the people that helped me out I think have vanished from the site

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:17 pm 

Face book has killed so many forums. I Don’t get it, but it’s true. Forums are so much better in my opinion, but I’m an old fart.

The owner of mini buggy just posted a week or so ago that he was done. He was asking if anyone wanted to take over the site. Buggy masters disappeared too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:30 pm 

liduno wrote:
Face book has killed so many forums. I Don’t get it, but it’s true. Forums are so much better in my opinion, but I’m an old fart.

The owner of mini buggy just posted a week or so ago that he was done. He was asking if anyone wanted to take over the site. Buggy masters disappeared too.

I don't show up here very often anymore either but I still play around with my 3 oddy's.
Haven't showed up or commented much because it just felt like I was the only one posting some days. I tried really hard to do something every week and post but we just kept losing more and more members and nobody posting.
Just think of all of the knowledge that has been lost on those two sites and I think hoser may throw in the towel as well. I hope not. Just an incredible amount of info here. I'm old now too (62) so I don't know how much time I got either even though I'm in great shape. This year I only went on one ride and it was by myself. My brother didn't want to go. Several reasons for that as all of our usual rides the roads were destroyed by snow melt and flooding. Then in mid summer we had almost 2 months of incredibly thick smoke from various forest fires here and near the border in the USA. Couldn't even leave the house it was so bad. So it looks like the things are just going to shut down as we all get older.
CO

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:09 pm 

canadian oddy wrote:
liduno wrote:

I don't show up here very often anymore either but I still play around with my 3 oddy's.
Haven't showed up or commented much because it just felt like I was the only one posting some days. I tried really hard to do something every week and post but we just kept losing more and more members and nobody posting.
Just think of all of the knowledge that has been lost on those two sites and I think hoser may throw in the towel as well. I hope not. Just an incredible amount of info here. I'm old now too (62) so I don't know how much time I got either even though I'm in great shape. This year I only went on one ride and it was by myself. My brother didn't want to go. Several reasons for that as all of our usual rides the roads were destroyed by snow melt and flooding. Then in mid summer we had almost 2 months of incredibly thick smoke from various forest fires here and near the border in the USA. Couldn't even leave the house it was so bad. So it looks like the things are just going to shut down as we all get older.
CO

You're going to have to meet some new people and go to new new riding places CO! I've invited you to the Oregon Dunes. You can ride there year round. I've met hundreds of Canadians who make the trek to ride the dunes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:49 am 

Duneit wrote:
canadian oddy wrote:
liduno wrote:

CO

You're going to have to meet some new people and go to new new riding places CO! I've invited you to the Oregon Dunes. You can ride there year round. I've met hundreds of Canadians who make the trek to ride the dunes.
After seeing some of his riding spots, I would consider moving to Canada so I could ride with him..lol I also wouldn't mind being his assistant when he plays the mad scientist. :-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:53 pm 

I still check it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:10 pm 

I joined Farcebook when it first started, it was not long when I was given the ultimatum to install the phone app or my account would be locked, I never returned.

FB was designed to survival you, nothing more. ALL your information is sold, they get away with this by assigning a number to your data, the people who buy your info knows EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE the phone tracks you to where you spend the most time (your home) knows every place you travel, knows the day date time, knows your patterns, listens to your mic, can see through your camera.

The newer i phones do the same, the phone can still track you for about 30 days after the battery in the i phone goes dead. You can not remove the batteries in newer cell phones.

Supposedly you can put your phone in a Faraday bag and shield the signal, this is only good until you remove it from the bag then it knows you went from point A to point B.

When you send a app to Google, Google wraps your APK in a "wrapper" who knows how much spying is done now that Google has added to your code.

I get my apps from Open Source sites like Github and F-Droid I haven't used my Google account or signed into Google for about 10 years, Google knows who I am tho they know where I live. A team of lawyers needs to go through all the user agreements with a fine tooth comb and see what all users agree too.

FB/META is laying off at least 11k employees seems META has tanked.

FB never made any sense to me.

Was thinking about setting up a Mastodon Social instance and kicking the tires.
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=mastad ... 5-1&ia=web
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=mastad ... &ia=videos

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:37 pm 

Please keep this forum going. Facebook is where content goes to die - just try searching for some 2-3 year content that you know is there, good luck finding it. Can't be indexed by google, Facebook's own search ignores it most of the time. I really don't understand why all the motorsports communities went that way.

I'm into sprint karting as well as just having picked up a FL350, and it's the same thing in that community. All Crapbook all the time, and no one really participates there and they wonder why their sport keeps shrinking.

That said the place I go the most for karting is a forum based site http://kartpulse.com , and if anything it's actually been slowly picking up steam in the last couple years despite it all.

*uck Facebook!

Profile E-mail